Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 17/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It would be nice if some of them made their presence known to others by using that switch on the dash that provides external illumination... Posted Image

It would help if they flipped the switch at the side of their head first as well. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Pea soup in hatfield, not much in Town though....

I agree Robin, some people need to have thier heads read. Not only driving without lights but driving so far up my bottom that they could look in the boot....on the A1M no less, going fast....Idiots.

Posted

I agree Robin, some people need to have thier heads read. Not only driving without lights but driving so far up my bottom that they could look in the boot....on the A1M no less, going fast....Idiots.

It amazes me that some drivers think they are immune to accidents, particularity in this weather. Are they the same people who feel they have to have fog lights on to look cool on a perfectly sunny and clear day?

• Like 3

Posted

Temperatures soar to 24C in week of Indian Summer conditions but enjoy it while you can before showers sweep the country

• [*]Temperatures set to remain above 20C in most parts - much higher than the UK-wide average for September of 16.5C [*]
But weather forecasters warn heavy rain will hit Scotland tomorrow and reach the South by Saturday

Autumn may have officially begun, but Britain is basking in an extra week of summer sunshine as temperatures soar to a balmy 24C. The average UK-wide temperature for September usually peaks at around 16.5C but many places across the country have been enjoying mild conditions well above 20C. Weather forecasters predict the warm weather will last until Saturday when wet and windy conditions more typical for this time of year move in.

Posted Image

An extra week of summer: Conference delegates and members of the public enjoy the sunshine on Brighton Beach, East Sussex, today as temperatures topped 20C

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2429959/UK-weather-Temperatures-soar-24C-week-Indian-Summer-conditions-showers.html#ixzz2fnPcXZTC 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Fog still pretty dense here and it's chilly at 11C. Proper Autumnal morning. Hope the sun manages to break through

Posted

Morning all,

Foggy here too this morning, although the sun is now melting the fog nicely and I can see almost clear blue skies above.  Fingers crossed we are all in for a nice sunny Tuesday Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Pretty foggy here this morning, all the way from Surbiton, past Heathrow where I could only hear the planes rather than see them, and now in Uxbridge where from my third-floor vantage point I can only see the campus car park framed by yellowing autumn leaves. Nice and autumnal. Will see how long it takes to burn off - the cloud cleared yesterday as I passed junction 12/M3 of the M25 on the way home at 4.30 - so hoping to see the sun a little earlier today.

Have a lovely day all - could get the perfect combo of foggy autumn morning and sunny summery afternoon:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy still here but it's bright, can see the sun making an effort here, maybe some sunshine by midday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Clearing up nicely, here, Captain. Much quicker than I expected...

Guest bjaykent

Morning all,

my favourite season of the year, just love the autumn, leaves beginning to turn yellow, orange and red, foggy damp mornings, you just can't beat it and the full potential of winter to come!!!

Lee beat me to the spiderweb photo, the whole garden is full of them this morningPosted Image

post-16390-0-80630900-1380014860_thumb.j

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Fog lifting and the sun trying to burn through the low cloud now, let's hope the sun gets to work earlier today as it didn't appear until evening yesterday in London. Looks like fog may form once again overnight though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

What a difference an hour makes ... The sun has worked magic on the fog and it's totally disappeared - nothing but blue sky now :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy still here but it's bright, can see the sun making an effort here, maybe some sunshine by midday?

It's succeeded in bucking a seasonal norm here and it's pleasantly warming up with a blue cloudless sky in Sussex.

Posted Image

It looks to be breaking up over some of the rest of the region and lunchtime should see all of us basking in it's glorious rays!

Posted Image

post-6667-0-06494200-1380015935_thumb.jp

Posted Image

Posted

Good morning,

Fog has lifted and the sun is trying very hard to struggle through. Come on, you can do it

It's managed it here Jan, so it shoudn't be much longer before the rays break through for you too Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes your right Leanne, the sun is shining! Have to go and mow the front lawn now. Booo

Would you like to borrow Eric the goat Jan ? He's redundant now mr P has got a new lawn mower ! Having a bit of a autumn clean today ... Laundry, windows etc - perfect day for it :-) Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all

The fog that was in Harefield has retreated to low cloud but it's defences are still holding firm against the sun.

I left home at about 7am this morning in thick fog in Reigate town but on getting to the top of Reigate Hill at 230m asl the fog had mostly gone and I was greeted with blue skies criss-crossed with more contrails than I have ever seen before. Maybe the dampness in the air made them more apparent? On the journey round the M25 the fog was sitting in the low places and there was only low cloud in the higher spots. I didn't see any more blue sky though, that delight was reserved for the highest part of the road on the top of the North Downs above Reigate.

Let's get some sun here today please!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all

The fog that was in Harefield has retreated to low cloud but it's defences are still holding firm against the sun.

Morning Abs.

Temps look set to be very pleasant this afternoon:

Posted Image

Where the sun has made it out, they aren't too shabby at the moment:

Heathrow Low-level Cloud 13.6 °C
Herstmonceux Sunny 18.2 °C
High Wycombe Fog 14.2 °C
Kenley Sunny 18.4 °C
Langdon Bay No data 18.5 °C
Manston Sunny 18.3 °C
Northolt Low-level Cloud 13.5 °C
Odiham Fog 12.6 °C
Shoreham No data 15.2 °C
Solent No data 16.6 °C
South Farnborough Low-level Cloud 13.0 °C
St Catherine's Point No data 18.3 °C
Thorney Island Sunny 18.4 °C

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

Edited by Coast

Posted

Morning Abs.

Temps look set to be very pleasant this afternoon:

Posted Image

Where the sun has made it out, they aren't too shabby at the moment:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

It's 18.8c in Reigate according to the RGS website and so far over 2 hours of sunshine today there. Shame I'm not there but am, in fact, here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As the earlier sunshine has given-way to horrible grey skies, I'm not very hopeful!Posted Image 

Posted

Shame I'm not there but am, in fact, here!

As long as you know where you've been and where you're going Posted Image

Nearest I can get for you is Leatherhead and that still looks foggy:

post-6667-0-33072400-1380021189_thumb.pn

http://www.lavendercam.net/

• Like 1

Posted

As long as you know where you've been and where you're going Posted Image

Nearest I can get for you is Leatherhead and that still looks foggy:

Posted ImageCam.png

http://www.lavendercam.net/

Thanks Coast. Leatherhead is pretty low down so maybe the fog is just sitting there - as I came past the Leatherhead junction on the M25 this morning the fog was pretty thick so I guess it will take longer to shift.

Back in Harefield there is a slight brightness to the grey now, if that makes any sense!