Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 17/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, again a split in the weather for this region exists with sparkling blue skies here, just a little mist to clear off.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Morning, again a split in the weather for this region exists with sparkling blue skies here, just a little mist to clear off.

Morning Cpt.

You can see the clearing in the cloud on the early satellite image for today:

Posted Image

It looks like it's going to be largely gone from the region by the end of the afternoon! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet another cloud fest to start today. Massive yawn! Would be lovely and warm otherwise, hoping the cloud beaks before lunchtime.

• Like 1

Posted

It's dark.  It shouldn't be this dark at this time in the morning!

Morning all. Rumour has it that sunrise was at 6.48am in London this morning. Well I beg to differ but Chilly Milly has hit the nail on the head, the anticyclonic gloom that's blighted the London area for most of the weekend has actually got worse this morning. It's an unremitting thick blanket of grey fug.

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all. Rumour has it that sunrise was at 6.48am in London this morning. Well I beg to differ but Chilly Milly has hit the nail on the head, the anticyclonic gloom that's blighted the London area for most of the weekend has actually got worse this morning. It's an unremitting thick blanket of grey fug.

Posted Image

Not for too much longer Martin, hopefully it will start clearing for you guys after lunch and then the rest of us later :good: 

• Like 1

Posted

....... Has anyone noticed how all normal, outside sound has been muffled in the current crop of weather? Almost silent over the Sussex Downs yesterday as the blanket of grey mush suppressed all traffic, human and wildlife noise.

Not even had the benefit of muffled noise here Robin. Just the usual emergency vehicle sirens, car and shop alarms going off at all hours and overnight railway maintainence work. It's more akin to the Bronx than the London Borough of Hillingdon.

Apologies for my grumpiness folks, lack of sleep and peace and quiet does not sit well with me. What I would give to be sat by the shore listening to the sound of the waves and seagulls right now.

• Like 2

Posted

What I would give to be sat by the shore listening to the sound of the waves and seagulls right now.

Here's about the best I can do for you at the moment:

• Like 1

Posted

On a positive note the Beachy Head Lighthouse is getting a fresh coat of paint thanks to donations from the public. Apparently John Cleese and Eddie Izzard were amongst those who took part in the fundraising exercise. Well done to all concerned Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Fingers crossed this cloud will clear, despite being under high pressure - this cloud is proving rather stubborn! If the cloud does clear - fog could become a problem by the morning in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

..And now the sun is gone, still bright but cloudy.

Posted

Morning all,

Hope you all had lovely weekends - it seems some of us in the region were even lucky enough to see the sun.  Alas, I am one of those stuck under the stubborn grey cloud.  Still, in the words of Darren Bett - 'At least it will be mild'!

Happy Monday peeps Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

..And now the sun is gone, still bright but cloudy.

But it was a lovely clear night, wasn't it? Triangle-timing at its very best!Posted Image 

Posted

But it was a lovely clear night, wasn't it? Triangle-timing at its very best!Posted Image 

It's burning away again now, the blue is coming back Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

I have found the ultimate in forecasting technology....Move over Mr Fish, stop talking Meto, none of you can beat this....It has never been wrong as far as im aware.....

post-11316-0-38358700-1379927790_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

Cursing this dirty high, I can tell ya! What a waste of a nice early autumn anticyclone.

Having said that, I must report there's more of a 'lumpiness' to the cloud sheet this morning, compared to the dawn-to-dusk incredible uniformity of yesterday's stuff. And not only that, I spy with my little eye a couple of chinks of blue. Clearer stuff to our south seems to be heading this way, according to the satellite sequence. (But I said that yesterday about the clearance to the NW! So not getting my hopes up for today.)

Have a great Monday, folks.

Lee

EDIT: The sun has just broken through!

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

EDIT: The sun has just broken through!

Morning AITS.

I know what you mean about the lumpy cloud and it already looks like it's breaking up and moving on a bit from the North of our region:

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

Posted

Anyone like to guess what the weather is like in Harefield?

4 letters. Ends in 'y'.

And no, it's not 'zany'

AS

Posted

Anyone like to guess what the weather is like in Harefield?4 letters. Ends in 'y'.

Morning Abs, is it:

Cozy

Dozy 

Eggy

Oily 

Ropy or 

Ugly? 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning Abs, is it: CozyDozy EggyOily Ropy or Ugly?

Blimey, the Seven Dwarves have undergone some changes and seem to have lost a member as well! I don't like the sound of Eggy or Oily in particular.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Fingers crossed this cloud will clear, despite being under high pressure - this cloud is proving rather stubborn! If the cloud does clear - fog could become a problem by the morning in places.

It's being very stubborn here, and it's drizzling with it as well !

post-10773-0-95228300-1379931074_thumb.j

I'm actually glad it's not too hot here I've got a scan at the hospital this morning and I'm not allowed to use any deodorant until I've had it done so maybe it's for the best Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning AITS.

I know what you mean about the lumpy cloud and it already looks like it's breaking up and moving on a bit from the North of our region:

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

Morning Coast,

We actually managed TWO glimmers of sunshine....before the thick grey took over again! The Channel clearance looks to be on your doorstep though. Sunnies needed shortly for you dwellers of the southern littoral?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

well, I survived the transformation process from a hip & happening 30 something to a 40 something despite Brighton chucking its best drizzle/mist/low cloud at us for the weekend.

Drive just past London on the way home and out pops the sun.

Today is overcast, muggy and quiet.

• Like 5