Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 17/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

Sunnies needed shortly for you dwellers of the southern littoral?

Ray Bans in the car ready!

Posted Image

Today is overcast, muggy and quiet.

I'll take quiet out of the three please :good: 

Posted

well, I survived the transformation process from a hip & happening 30 something to a 40 something despite Brighton chucking its best drizzle/mist/low cloud at us for the weekend. Drive just past London on the way home and out pops the sun. Today is overcast, muggy and quiet.

Spot on about Brighton, Monsieur Fromage, I was there as well.As for turning 40, I viewed it (8 years ago) as better than the alternative!
  • Like 2

Posted

As for turning 40, I viewed it (8 years ago) as better than the alternative!

Turning 50???? Posted Image

Posted

Turning 50???? Posted Image

Coming up worryingly fast, Coast! I played a squash league match yesterday evening against a junior member and realised I was more than 3 times older than my opponent. And no, my years of experience didn't help. In any way. At all.

Still solidly grey skies in Harefield. Might nip out if I can get a lunchbreak and inspect the local sloe crop.

Has the sun broken through where you are? I'm wondering if it will make it as 'far' north as Reigate. If so I might have to abandon the office and go to my 3rd alternative working location on the top of Reigate Hill - have dongle will travel.

AS

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just hung some washing out, my word the sun still packs some heat, even in late September. Must be into the 20s here.

The people in the west moaning is making me laugh. They now know how us on the east coast feel when their hot easterly turns to grey cack here.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Posted Image

Coming up worryingly fast, Coast! 

50's the new 30 anyway!! 

Has the sun broken through where you are? 

Just and it's wonderful! :good: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The Sun broke through at 17:30 here yesterday.Posted Image Back to cloudy gloom again.Posted Image And I had reasonable expectations for this high pressure. Oh well!

Posted

Slightly irritated by the 7-day forecast for the last few days.

Has told me it will be 0% cloud cover, and each day has been like today, 100% cloud cover until early evening and occasionally drizzly. 

Grr Posted Image

Posted

Slightly irritated by the 7-day forecast for the last few days.

To be fair to the much maligned GFS, it did have the cloud cover about right from the middle of last week onwards. I just didn't want to believe we would have this lovely fat high parked on our doorstep with unseasonably warm temps, but no sunshine.

It's really beaming here now so fingers crossed the rest of you will see it soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Autumn? Sunshine says it's still summer: Britain basks in 23c as trees shows signs of next season

[*]Today's Autumn Equinox marked by fantastic display of gold, red and brown 

[*]Forecasters say unseasonably warm weather to continue for beginning of the week 

[*]But will turn more changeable and chilly towards the weeken

It may have been the official beginning of autumn yesterday, but summer was refusing to go quietly. Much of Britain basked in glorious sunshine over the weekend, despite trees and plants showing signs of the next season. Thousands took to parks, rivers and woodland to enjoy the first of the stunning autumnal colours while the sun was still shining.

Yesterday marked the autumnal equinox, nature’s first day of autumn, when the sun passes directly above the equator and  day and night become nearly equal in length. But it felt more like summer across most of the country with blue skies and highs of 23C in some areas of the south east. The sunshine was perfect for brave skinny-dippers who stripped off at dawn yesterday in a world record attempt. They failed to break it, but 180 people took part, jumping into the North Sea off Druridge Bay, Northumberland. And the good weather is not quite over yet. 

The Met Office said temperatures will be unseasonably warm today. Even parts of Scotland can expect the mercury to rise as high as 23C, while parts of England could  feel even warmer.  A Met Office spokesman said temperatures are currently about six degrees higher than average for September. He added: ‘That [warmth] will last for the next couple of days  but will begin to become more changeable by the end of the week.’  Aberdeenshire should expect temperatures to rise to as much as 23C, while parts of England could feel even warmer.

Posted Image

Posted

afternoon all

still warm but no sun ,where the sun gone ,coast you said you were sending the sun this way not here yet.lolol.lots of gray stuff in the air not sure whot it is??????????????????????????????

Posted

Totally grand now here in Benny Hill with all the cloud retreating to blue sky and warm, bright sunshine. It's a roof down journey out later now - luverly jubbly ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Rinse and repeat of yesterday... Grey, overcast and dull. I wonder whether the cloud will break-up later this afternoon / evening like yesterday...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Rinse and repeat of yesterday... Grey, overcast and dull. I wonder whether the cloud will break-up later this afternoon / evening like yesterday...

Yep it will :-D We have at last got the sun here now...
  • Like 1

Posted

Yep it will :-D We have at last got the sun here now...

I'm working from my windowless office today, so not got a clue if the sun has broken through here yet (although I am leaving work in 40 mins so should find out soon!) 

However, if the sun has broken through both south and north, fingers cross it has for me in the middle too Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

sun sun sun sun sun

at last. Only problem dont want it too hot as working in atic room tonight as need to take a bed down as i am moving out of the marital home.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Grim and grey from the word go this morning. And unlike yesterday, no sign of the sun breaking through late afternoon.

So what happened to the "30C" temps this week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Blimey, the Seven Dwarves have undergone some changes and seem to have lost a member as well! I don't like the sound of Eggy or Oily in particular.

Did you hear about the MP who parked in Speaker Bercow's parking space at Westminster?

Bercow to MP: "I'm not happy..."

MP to Bercow: "Well which one are you then?"

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 4

Posted

Sing if you're glad to be grey

Sing if you're happy that way

I'm NOT singing!

As it's 21.5c back in Reigate I am assuming that the sun is out there....  can anyone confirm?

AS

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

It is beautiful here in hastings .The sun came out around lunchtime and it is so warm ,in fact i laid out in the garden & im now burnt ! Theres not a cloud in the sky .Apologies if im making anyone jealous !

• Like 3

Posted

As it's 21.5c back in Reigate I am assuming that the sun is out there....  can anyone confirm?

Yep, drive due South 27 miles.....

• Like 1