Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Whats after death?

joggs

Posted

Nothing. We have awareness, consciousness etc because of our brains and the brain dies when we do.

So there's nothing after death, that's it, sorry..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Hopefully I won't know for a while yet, but I don't expect anything.....so it'll be a surprise if a big sign comes up saying "Level 2" and I'm a reborn millionaire.

I suppose it's better though to get busy living rather than ponder over death.

Posted

Like all animal life you were born by sexual reproduction. Up to you to procreate and sometime after die. Your genes will live on. After death there is nothing. What purpose would it serve? The real fun is in the now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I dunno. Someone in my local said we were in Hell already!Posted Image

In all seriousness, your genes are passed on when you procreate, but for what ultimate purpose? Or is it a variation of chaos theory and there's no ultimate purpose?

Will and consciousness are massively far from being explained imho, even if people can work out the Theory of Everything. How does my written stuff here make a person react in a certain way (by responding in a message, or thinking 'what a bore, I'm off to bed' for instance) in terms of the atoms / sub atomic particles making up that person?Posted Image

So to say that nothing happens when you die is a very confident statement, but I'm not so sure. I definitely don't believe in the Heaven and Hell scenario though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Come back as another form of consciouseness maybe but with your current memories of this life gone.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

We are Thought  and this exists before and outside of matter . Anyone who has had an 'out of body' experience knows that they are not dependent on their body to experience existence . This alone would imply the probability of  'life after death ' could be high !

I was telling my optician about my experience of both dying and leaving my body only this afternoon !

A few years ago I was at a prayer/meditation group when I realized I had forgotton my body for what seemed like ages . Then I was floating above what looked like an old western scene .. sort of keeping an eye on a train from far above and behind . As it turned gently into a wide canyon it started to derail ! It became the centre of my attention but the closer I got the more unreal the scene became .. then I looked up the canyon .  A wall reached as high as I could see but as soon as I thought ,I was looking over it  !

There was nothing to see .. blackness .. no stars no rest of a planet .. there was an end . A symbolic train going nowhere had derailed .  I wondered if I was dead and instantly I was observing the scene in the room I was in .. Panic as my stiff lifeless body refused to respond . I was looking down on the scene again from above 

Then I spoke and my voice came out of my body .. telling folk not to worry . Next I was off having an arguement with God over forgiveness . Pointless  but I did keep going between these realms for a while .. popping back to the room every now and then  still apparently 'dead' ,still able to speak though !

The instant response to thought was shocking . At one point back in the room I remembered conception .. and as my thought 'entered the womb of the nearest woman she doubled up in agony begging me to stop . As my thought left her body I was saying sorry to her .. and I was back at the wall across creation !

My choice became clear ,I could accept forgveness is total and unconditional or I could continue life without the shell of the body I inhabit .  To the suprise of me and everyone else in the room I came back into my body shouting ' Hari Krisna '  'Hari Krisna ' ! It felt like pushing myself through a strainer ..pushing my life back into a body I had vacated 40 minutes earlier !

Because of this and other less dramatic 'proofs' of all creation being One and we being one with All Creation I stepped out last night for a walk under stars and trees  I told the universe I would expect 3 shooting stars .. they each came at the perfect moment  and placement in response to my  whispered conversation of praise to existence . adding more proof to my pudding  !

Edited by be cause

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

We are dependent on our bodies though. This can be seen through head traumas causing changes to personality etc.

I think when your time comes that's it. To believe anything else is a mere comfort blanket to make the thought of death a little more palatable.

Posted

Nothing. But probably the most Darwinian since Darwin, W. D. Hamilton,  had the right idea. He expressed a wish, when he died, to be laid out on the forest floor in the Amazon jungle and interred by burying beetles as food for their larvae.

Posted

We are Thought  and this exists before and outside of matter . Anyone who has had an 'out of body' experience knows that they are not dependent on their body to experience existence . This alone would imply the probability of  'life after death ' could be high !

I was telling my optician about my experience of both dying and leaving my body only this afternoon !

I assume your eyesight is now considerable worse.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

I assume your eyesight is now considerable worse.

considerably ?

as for my body .. i too would happily return to the forest floor .. 

Edited by be cause

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

As far as I aware nobody really knows one way or the other - some will say it is the end and there is nothing afterwards and they will get credit from their fellows for thinking realistically.

On the other hand there are some who reportably experience such things as out of body and/or near death experiences but do the rest of us know whether this is some sort of hallucination as many medics would have us believe, or is it a real experience?

I take the view that there is so much which is unexplained - mathematical theories postulate dark matter and dark energy and something of that ilk can be shown to exist in equations and observations to the extent that there appears to be more gravity around than what we can account for.

Other theories suggest parallel and multi universes, or should I say multiverses. In short there is so much that we do not know, so I will take the view that it could be quite probable.

I also believe that there is a point to life and that is to develop and progress as nature is doing all around us and that is man's destiny also. In fact we could look at as our earthly lives being a training school to learn and develop. It may be that the eastern religions are right in their view that we go through several cycles of life through which we develop and learn further lessons.

Like most I do not have any experience of things supernatural but I believe it is highly unlikely that a species of being on a fairly insignificant planet in the corner of the universe could term themselves as the most advanced beings in this universe - the likelihood amongst the probable billions of other planets able to support life is that far more advanced beings than us could exist.

As it is we are all made from the remnants of past stars anyway, so who knows for sure?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Come back as another form of consciouseness maybe but with your current memories of this life gone.

ahh the old reincarnation thing...

i dont get it... why come back (often said to learn something you didnt learn first time around) if you have no memory of who you were before, or what you knew before? your old self would be as good as dead anyway.

me?... i love the thought of eternal life in a happy place... but theres no evidence, nor rational reason why this should happen, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted

Personally im a believer in thinking there is something but nobody has any proof either way, i think personal experiences in this life do make people think more about it/and of been something after.After my mum died there was alot of coincidental happenings.Just 2 eg are we had a commemerative tree planted in rememberence,my mum died in nov 2002 and me and the wife had a little girl the following march!.Now the thing is the tree got unvield in the feb with the lot number 3-33 and the little un was born a few wks later on the 3rd of the 3rd 03.Also my mum bought our 1st daughter a singing santa a couple of years earlier(my daughter then 2),i left the batteries in a whole year and the batteries leaked acid so i dug them out and we just used the santa as ornimental value.Now the wierd part,with no batteries in to operate this the santa started singing on its own accord my mums favourite song that she bought it for(3 songs on it).Anyway ive sinced used it every year with batteries and it works perfectly well but only ever plays my mums favourite tune!!!!!!.Think of it what you will.

Posted

Worm food?

I wanna be cremated! But anyway, re near-death experiences/afterlife etc... in a coma ten years ago I came so close to death that the doctors had given up on me and they told my family as much. I vividly remember a nightmare/vision or whatever where I was floating on the ocean. In the near distance was a whirlpool. I was acutely aware of my heartbeat which was very,very gradually getting slower - the whole thing seemed to last forever. As it slowed, the whirlpool drew closer, but smaller and tighter. As my heartbeat slowed to what seemed to be minutes between each beat, I was constantly telling myself that the next one would be the last and I would be dead. Amidst the mad spectacle of this flashed images of my family,my baby son who I was convinced I'd never see again and a million snapshots of my life. Utter despair, hopelessness and resignation and a sadness and melancholy that defies any description. The whirpool was eventually upon me after I'd been waiting the longest interval yet for my next heartbeat. The hearbeat I'd been waiting for never came,as I was suddenly in the sucking maw of the whirlpool. Just as I was about to cross the 'event horizon' as in a black hole the grim reaper himself exploded from the centre of the whirlpool with scythe poised. Which does not bode well for when my time's up for real!! Next thing I knew, which must have been weeks later, was coming round with tubes inserted all over the place. Whether that qualifies as a genuine NDE or just the effects of huge amounts of morphine and god knows what other drugs, I can't say...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

We are all made up of energy and it scientifically proven that energy does not disappear.  It has to go somewhere.  So when we die that energy has to be released somewhere

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Why is is it so dificuclt to accept you die and that's it?  The rest is a load of twoddle.

really?.......prove it! Posted Image