Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Website Launched Today!

IanM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm sure it'll be a great upgrade (for instance it's good to see the extra models) but there will undoubtedly be teething issues. :)

For instance on the NMM model, the accumulated precipitation figure now looks like an hourly rate... It might be a very short term thing, but it was the case for me 10 minutes ago.

Posted

Very nice and looks and navigates better on tabletsExcept put in a postcode for 7 day and hit go on a tablet and nothing happens

Ah, if you're meaning hit go on the keyboard then that'll be the problem - the system brings up a list of options, so you need to click one of those to go through to the forecast :)

Posted

Which tablet Lettice? Have tested on various androids and ipads without seeing that problem.

See its showing a selection of postcodes in a list, which gets a bit hidden on a tablet, when the keyboard is up.

Seeing this problem on an iPad, using Safari, Chrome and iCab browsers on ios7 and ios6.

Seems a bit hit and miss with the Go selection as after a few attempts it worked or i clicked on the list selection and it it went there.

It also does this with entering the town/city at the top right

Edited by lettice

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The Netweather site looks great, very bright fresh looking, clear text, and colorful imagery / graphics, looks stunning! I use the site mostly on computer, the new home page looks nice some nice designs on the site, I especially like the weather alert buttons on the home page looks like real LED lights! and the switch effect to when there is a warning (on) or it is at (off) no alert, this looks cool. Fast loading site and with many nice options too, the text editor for posting is great and a lot of options there too.

On the mobile, and it's a small fairly old phone but it has a nice LCD screen, works great on there and looks nice, when I load the site it goes to the mobile version but I can set it to full version with the option at the bottom of the page on the forum if I want. The phone cannot load radar usually and for the NetW free one it shows the radar but not map underlay, phone won't load Google/ Bing maps, so for the same reason I think, this is usual for the phone I have cannot upload or download on it anything from the web either! I can load the old MetO type radar images though and zoom.

I have been for a few months been looking at getting a more modern phone for the internet!

I can load the model data images on the phone on the GFS viewer:

post-11361-0-61839700-1380326383_thumb.j

(uploaded image not anywhere as clear as actual viewing on phone)

My most usage on the site is from computers, for the mobile radar probs really that's not a problem I read the forums and know what's coming!! but I can get the MetO old radar on.

All in all great site and nice design.

ES.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm