Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Lat year we (Darlington) had 11 double digit nights

This September we've had 13 up-to the 29th though it should be 14 with a low of 11c forecast tonight

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Using some heating here in Berlin but only a little given I'm staying on the upper floor of an old apartment building.

At home its 18c in the house which ain't bad given the front curtains are closed and no one is in the house - it sure is warmer back home than here that's for sure!

No doubt on getting home a little heat will be needed just to tip it over into the >20c comfort zone.

Posted

Lat year we (Darlington) had 11 double digit nights

This September we've had 13 up-to the 29th though it should be 14 with a low of 11c forecast tonight

Using Ogimet it appears that I have had about 15 days which is half of the month. I did not realise I had so many single figure mins, I suppose what is uncommon is the lack of 'cold' nights. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

last year was defenitly cooler.

september this year I am hotter than I was in july last year.

still not wearing a top.  I think this is the first year I can remember off hand where I have gone into october been too hot to wear a top.

The last 2 days got a bit cooler, my room temp dropped to 23C in day about 21.5C at night with front door closed, with front door open at 3-5am I got it down to 20.2, so very close to been below 20.  However today is warmer again, hit 25.6 earlier and is 23.7 at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

last year was defenitly cooler.

september this year I am hotter than I was in july last year.

still not wearing a top.  I think this is the first year I can remember off hand where I have gone into october been too hot to wear a top.

The last 2 days got a bit cooler, my room temp dropped to 23C in day about 21.5C at night with front door closed, with front door open at 3-5am I got it down to 20.2, so very close to been below 20.  However today is warmer again, hit 25.6 earlier and is 23.7 at the moment.

Sounds a very similar temperature profile to our office in recent weeks. South facing tin box so warms up easily - but in colder weather gets quite chilly (but quite easy to heat up again).

At home (with no one there) its currently 16.6c and falling. If you want a cold house then mine will be available very soon! :lol:

Posted

Had to close all the windows last night, nothing to do with the cold (which I must say, how temperate it still is), it was the damned Crane Flies! 

Posted

Once again well above average at 12c.

Boke. Boke.

I hope this does not have a detrimental effect when the cold does eventually come.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Need the heating on every day of this dire spell. Little or no sun to heat the house up.

Night time temperatures are irrelevant. No heating needed last Thursday night, despite a min of 3C, as it was sunny all day and the house retained the warmth in the evening. Double digit dross at night followed by a cloudy day with temperatures barely any higher results in no warming during the day meaning heating is necessary in the evening.

Edited by Richard2901

Posted

Need the heating on every day of this dire spell.

I think you're having a larf. Been out for an hour on me mo'bike with only a t-shirt on under me jacket, and a pair of jeans. Got back to a totally unheated drum and I'm boiling.

• Like 1

Posted

I think you're having a larf. Been out for an hour on me mo'bike with only a t-shirt on under me jacket, and a pair of jeans. Got back to a totally unheated drum and I'm boiling.

The temperature needs to drop at least another 10c before I even think about putting my heating on. I'm still wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

The temperature needs to drop at least another 10c before I even think about putting my heating on. I'm still wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops.

Yep, still got shorts and a t shirt on. Up and out of the door at 6:20 each morning and it's absolutely fine, especially when it's a very mild 10C each morning like this current spell. Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Haven't put it on again despite some single figure night time temps. Despite sleeping with the windows open temp still didn't drop below 16C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

as long as I keep the lounge at 21oC or close to it I am fine, this means I use the fan heater for a few mins each evening when it is cooler, but the heating is still not on yet, plan to keep it that way till the end of the month, even maybe next month.  The rest of the house is left to it, as it was last year, bedroom for example was single digits all through the last cold spell.

Posted

All this mildness in the UK does mean my house has stayed above 16c in our absence. Great stuff as when we get home at midnight tomorrow last thing we want is a freezing house that takes 2+ hours to even thaw out. 

Todays range was 16.7c to 17.4c - guessing no sunshine at home today? Or at least not before noon anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

you not remember the hot weather of october 2011 then?

I do but that did not carry on from hot sept, I didnt go from sept 30 to oct 1 not wearing a t-shirt and I also remember not having to take my t-shirt off then either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It went on this morning, and I ended up sleeping until 2pm! It was just so warm and cosy.. I couldn't bring myself to get up.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Just got home and its 15c outside and 16.2c inside! The effect of being empty for just those few days eh...

Needless to say the gas fire is on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Just before I go to bed it's bang on 18c in the bedroom, perfect really for sleeping, no need for the heating just yet. Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Still far too warm to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

My bedroom is stuffy at 19C. The lack of cooler weather means I can't have it at a comfortable 16C.