Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

You know I've almost forgotten what its like to be hot when trying to sleep... literally the last time was Jan 2011 in Barbados when I attempted sleep without air con (we gave up!). Before that it'd be 2006 I think back in our old house in that lovely summer. Do remember it distinctly as a kid (my bedroom caught sun until 9:30pm and was well insulated) and my dad telling me to just lie still... 

On moving from here I might be in for a shock come any warm weather... Still it'll be nice the other 10 months of the year at least!

Im surprised you don't have the heating on full when its 33c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

My ma-in-law does, but then she's insane.

Then again sometimes I walk outside in a T-shirt when there is what I would describe as low or at least very moderate temps so I suppose you cant have it all ways, some people would call me stupid.

Posted

Then again sometimes I walk outside in a T-shirt when there is what I would describe as low or at least very moderate temps so I suppose you cant have it all ways, some people would call me stupid.

Well that makes at least two of us and folk can call me what they like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Im surprised you don't have the heating on full when its 33c

Hardly.... since when does it make it to 33c here? :lol:

I can cycle at 11c in drizzle in a t-shirt but like to sit at 20-21c, sleep at 18-19c but adore 25-27c - plenty of variation but not that crazy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Hardly.... since when does it make it to 33c here? Posted Image

I can cycle at 11c in drizzle in a t-shirt but like to sit at 20-21c, sleep at 18-19c but adore 25-27c - plenty of variation but not that crazy!

Similar to me really in that I like an indoor temperature of around 21c for the living room etc, I reckon that's perfect for sitting in a tshirt etc, but for sleeping lower probably about 18c (this Summer sometimes it was 27c in the bedroom when waking up hence the sweating and only a few hours sleep a night) I don't see the point in air conditioning especially as we only get a hot Summer every 7 years or so, last year don't think it got above 20c in the bedroom all Summer!

My new girlfriend doesn't live with me at the moment she has her own place otherwise the heating at mine would be on ALL day let me tell you. She is freezing cold all the time I'm like her personal heater.

At the moment it's 16c in the bedroom but I'm gritting my teeth and clenching my fists until Christmas and then maybe just maybe I will take the plunge and switch the heating on, if not I may put a coat and gloves and 5 jumpers on by then...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Similar to me really in that I like an indoor temperature of around 21c for the living room etc, I reckon that's perfect for sitting in a tshirt etc, but for sleeping lower probably about 18c (this Summer sometimes it was 27c in the bedroom when waking up hence the sweating and only a few hours sleep a night) I don't see the point in air conditioning especially as we only get a hot Summer every 7 years or so, last year don't think it got above 20c in the bedroom all Summer!

My new girlfriend doesn't live with me at the moment she has her own place otherwise the heating at mine would be on ALL day let me tell you. She is freezing cold all the time I'm like her personal heater.

At the moment it's 16c in the bedroom but I'm gritting my teeth and clenching my fists until Christmas and then maybe just maybe I will take the plunge and switch the heating on, if not I may put a coat and gloves and 5 jumpers on by then...Posted Image

I think women in general feel the cold more (I did read this somewhere - think it was a BBC article on turning on heating the other week) and for sure my wife feels it! Her hands go blue/green when she gets chilly - very poor circulation and low tolerance to anything cool/cold. She is half Spanish though if that makes a difference!

Even this morning the fire is on - there's no sun and its 14c out. Hardly that chilly for 10am in late Sept of course but the house settled to 16.2c overnight and without sunlight there's nothing else to warm it up bar me, two budgies and a computer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I think women in general feel the cold more (I did read this somewhere - think it was a BBC article on turning on heating the other week) and for sure my wife feels it! Her hands go blue/green when she gets chilly - very poor circulation and low tolerance to anything cool/cold. She is half Spanish though if that makes a difference!

Even this morning the fire is on - there's no sun and its 14c out. Hardly that chilly for 10am in late Sept of course but the house settled to 16.2c overnight and without sunlight there's nothing else to warm it up bar me, two budgies and a computer!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Yeah, it's annoying when you get odd looks when your out in a t shirt and shorts at 3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

Central heating?

To give you an idea how hot it is.

In july my room temp was 30-33C.

Mid sept things got pleasant and it dropped down to 15-22.  Was very nice, nowhere near heating required temp, just pleasant, I was in t-shirt.

Now its unbearable again very hot and stuffy.  I have been opening my front door every day this week to get air circulation.

Currently room temp is 24.8C and it drops to about 23C at 3am unless I open front door.

How are people reporting temps below 20 this week?  I havent even come close to it.

With front door open for an hour at 3am I can get my room down to about 21.5C at the most.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Something odd with your house. Even mission control is sat at 22.4C today. 

Anyway heating back off put it on a couple days when the temp got down below 16C shouldn't be on for a while yet although single figure nights are back on later this week so sleeping with the bedroom window open may cool downstairs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

looks like it will go on today..temps havn't  got much above 6c with a low around 0C and is cloudy and windy to boot...temp in my house when i left for work this morning was 12c so im guessing it will be around 10c when i get home...so a quick one hour blast should do the job.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

24 in the orifice today Posted Image

my home was a much more comfy 20 so still no need for that heating yet.

Posted

Here inside its 18.7c - just risen a little since my own body heat brought it up from todays 18.4c max. With zero sunlight and an outdoor max of only 18.5c there's no way it can rise above these values unless: A) I heat it or B ) Have a party with many people in here.

Gladly these mild nights have offset the sunless days so it hasn't fallen much during the night. Got to be careful in case we suddenly get a clear night after one of these sunless days otherwise it'll drop like a stone in here.

Our office howver a different story - 23-24c today in there with windows open. 

To the original poster - count yourself lucky that your bills will be vastly lower than mine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Central heating?

In july my room temp was 30-33C.

Mid sept things got pleasant and it dropped down to 15-22.  Was very nice, nowhere near heating required temp, just pleasant, I was in t-shirt.

Now its unbearable again very hot and stuffy.  I have been opening my front door every day this week to get air circulation.

Currently room temp is 24.8C and it drops to about 23C at 3am unless I open front door.

How are people reporting temps below 20 this week?  I havent even come close to it.

With front door open for an hour at 3am I can get my room down to about 21.5C at the most.

Same with me, too hot, temps always above 20C especially evenings and overnight, with window open

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Might be on soon with a cool start due to rain..

Posted

One radiator back on today — without the sun, the house cools quite quickly. Anything under 20C is now too cold for me just to sit around in — I used to be able to tolerate very low room temperatures (9-10C), but not since I've got older.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Central heating?

Have you actually check that you did in fact turn your heating off at the end of the last winter ????

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Still 18c indoors here, which to me is comfortable and no need for the heating on. It was certainly cooler in here this time last year but even then I resisted putting the heating on until November.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Not put it on yet...have no plans to while the weather is as warm as it is. Still have windows open at night and it is very warm 16 degrees outside at the moment, 21 degrees inside which to me is uncomfortably warm.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Goodness no when its 12c everynight why would I? Thats well above average and quite frankly disgusting for this time of the year. 

Could you add you location so we can see where you are?