Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted

No. Still warmish down here & not had a night time temperature lower than 11C yet. We have pulled the bedroom window in a bit, but it's still open, the heating doesn't go on until sometime in November at the earliest here Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Was 16c in my house last night. In my books that is a good couple of even few degrees under comfortable sitting temperature, not cold, but just uncomfortable and makes you fidget, so I had it on. God do I resent paying for heating in September though. This time five days ago I was almost sweating in 28c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Gas fire was on all of last night - just too chilly now in our place. It took the edge off and put the place back to 20.5c which is in the comfort range.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Gas fire was on all of last night - just too chilly now in our place. It took the edge off and put the place back to 20.5c which is in the comfort range.

20.5c blimey far to warm. I'd have the windows open to cool the place down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Room temperature is 21c - or at least by most definitions: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature

If you're sitting in it for many hours then that feels about right and seems to be the temperature most pubs/shops/businesses are heated to.

Posted

not had it on yet, been chilly last few evenings though, 17.5 - 18.5c in the lounge, fleece on and still a bit chilly, resisted the heating though! Had a couple of cold nights at 7 or 8 degrees when it has felt cold getting into bed! Usually resist the heating until October unless the missus cant tolerate it any more!

Edited by DR Hosking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Room temperature is 21c - or at least by most definitions: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature

If you're sitting in it for many hours then that feels about right and seems to be the temperature most pubs/shops/businesses are heated to.

Which explains why I find them to warm as do a few other people. Downstairs is a nice 16.4C to 17C mission control at 18.6C with a nice breeze going through.

Posted

I guess there will be folk at either end of the spectrum but looks like the average is 21c.

It seems a lot of modern trains seem to get air conditioned too much - a nice 23c day outside and you sit down in your summer gear then they freeze you to death for two hours - not fun at all!

My ranges in my living room:

>25c - damn near impossible to achieve in that room.

22c-24c - comfortable in shorts and t-shirt - the ideal range (but I'd never heat to this temp as that feels horrible & dry). Windows can be opened, door left open - everything free and easy.

21c-22c - comfortable in shorts/t-shirt for a while or normal clothes the whole time. The summer norm. Windows/door open if outdoor temp >21c.

20c-21c - generally comfortable in normal clothes (not shorts) especially if moving around, eating or having just got in. At low end of range after sitting for ages a chill will develop. Windows closed but no heating needed.

19c-20c - fine if moving around a lot and when you've just got home. Will chill after an hour or so when sitting around. Gas fire time if we're in all evening sitting especially at lower end of range.

18c-19c - fine for cleaning the house or briefly first thing in the morning before going to work. Time to heat if sitting around in for any length of time.

16c-18c - a real chill on the place. Central heating likely to go into use at this temp. 

<16c - cold - heating needed. Don't let it fall below this now otherwise damp problems kick in and it takes many many hours to heat up again.

Posted

21C is tropical. At least the missus isn't moaning about being cold today - I've got her cutting the hedge and mowing the lawn - hopefully for the last time this year. Me, I'm sat her with the door and windows open, keeping an eye on her to ensure no slacking, an' I'm still in a t-shirt. I'm getting a sweat on just watching her - mind you she has got a fantastic butt.

Edited by laserguy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Air conditioning still going here and will be for another week at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

21C is tropical. At least the missus isn't moaning about being cold today - I've got her cutting the hedge and mowing the lawn - hopefully for the last time this year. Me, I'm sat her with the door and windows open, keeping an eye on her to ensure no slacking, an' I'm still in a t-shirt. I'm getting a sweat on just watching her - mind you she has got a fantastic butt.

Your poor wife!

Cold and wet today. Heating is off though. Maybe I'll turn it on for an hour later tonight.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

How much water does it hold?

***Heads for the exits***

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Central heating on as MIL is visiting and she really does feel the difference in temps up here. It's getting switched off the minute she leaves tomorrow! I have had the fire lit in the sitting room for the past week though.

Posted

Which explains why I find them to warm as do a few other people. Downstairs is a nice 16.4C to 17C mission control at 18.6C with a nice breeze going through.

Room temperature used to be ~16

This is why you should put red wine (serve at room temperature) in the fridge before serving it - otherwise it's too warm .....

http://nymag.com/restaurants/articles/wine/essentials/temperatures.htm

Central heating has turned us into a nation of wimps.  We should all go back to living in castles :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A rainy 12.2c outside and 17.9c inside the house so it's either heating on or jumper on.

I don't think we properly turned it off until early June this year so I think it's the jumper option, at least until the first car scraping morning or a covering of snow on the tops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Room temperature used to be ~16

This is why you should put red wine (serve at room temperature) in the fridge before serving it - otherwise it's too warm .....

http://nymag.com/restaurants/articles/wine/essentials/temperatures.htm

Central heating has turned us into a nation of wimps. We should all go back to living in castles :D

Yep, am the only one wearing shirt and shorts still at my sixth form college. Not ONE other person is doing that, too much central heating I reckon. Walking down the road at 8:15 this morning in shirt and shorts at 12C with the wind blowing in my face was just fantastic. Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I'm ashamed to say that my heating was switched on tonight. 11C is the lowest temperature forecast this evening. I am right on Brighton and Hove seafront though so windchill is a major factor. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I'm ashamed to say that my heating was switched on tonight. 11C is the lowest temperature forecast this evening. I am right on Brighton and Hove seafront though so windchill is a major factor. 

Its good to share, in fact the subject was on Radio 2 this morning.

I am not a 'big fan' of British Gas (like the attached)  but they must prey for cold Posted Image

post-7914-0-83468400-1378928371_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Had to put the heating on this morning, the temperature outside got down to 2.5° overnight!

Its going to be an expensive next few months if this carries on.

TM1981

Posted

Gas fire was on from 5pm last night and now again this morning. Vital now it is or we'd soon settle to ambient temperature.

But not yet run central heating. Hoping that can wait longer as I'd prefer to spend the money on more useful things, especially after needing so much gas all spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Not had it on here yet,

17.3c right now in the lounge, got down to 16.1c last night when it was 6.6c outside

Not feeling the chills yet! 

Posted

No, but the missus and kid have started taking a hot water bottle to bed. They think I'm mean, but it ain't cold yet and they'll be thanking me when we can still afford to eat instead of having wasted money on unnecessary gas usage.

Edited by laserguy