Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

As it is close to 3C here this evening, yes the heating is on, a bit. Woodburner going well though.

close to 13oC here

kept mine off for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Once the sun (when it appears) gets round the hill behind us (in autumn about 3pm) temperature drops - slate house, permanent damp,, this time of year rayburn goes on 1 hr am and 2 hour pm to take the chill off, and heating bath water, then into lounge and logburner. Mind you, we've had logburner on pretty much every night this autumn.

May not be saving on log fuel but leccy bills have come down to 3- 5 units/ day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

still got the windows wide open

Window open in here and it's still 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Opened the upstairs windows this afternoon whilst I was packing things up but heat came on again this morning and this evening. The very idea of 20c with windows open seems quite crazy! But maybe I can experience this too myself when I move next week...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I understand how our heating bills are so high.... the bloody thing is never off here :-  It's on about 4 hours everyday atleast, for drying clothes and stuff - even in the summer, then in winter probably around 8 hours or more a day. I never turn it on myself and am glad I do not pay the bills. I'm out for walks most days and don't really feel the cold yet and if I do I just throw a blanket over me. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

My storage heater in the lounge is now on low (only the one and on low) and if it feels cold/damp I use the fan heater for short bursts to take the edge off things.

Full set of heating though is not on yet (but getting close)

Posted

Can't remember the last day it wasn't needed. Just come back from a week in Tenerife to find an indoor temp of 8.6C. It had got as low as 7.4C while I was away and was below 10C most of Saturday and all of Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Still not on here. Well, the missus snuck it on about half an hour ago but when she went out five minutes back I turned it right off again. No call for it whatsoever. 

Posted

Some of you guys are unreal! I work at home, and my office without heating is about 12-14C this time of year, colder in the winter. I can't sit in that and work without feeling cold and miserable — my fingers and hands are frozen when I use the computer. The cold becomes all consuming, so I just have to have the heat on. Different in the bedroom, because you can just snuggle up into the duvet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well what a contrast now I've moved! 

Back in my old place we'd be heating all the time by now except for a few hours overnight.

But now... well I put a tiny bit of heat on in the bedroom/bathroom overnight then in the morning off it goes, open three different windows and there it stays till sunset. If the sun is out at lunchtime then the balcony door is even opened! Berlin has been around 7c by day and close to freezing at night with clear skies so certainly not mild. I actually have no idea how cold it is outside until I reach the street whereas before I knew it from when I woke up - icy bedroom and condensation all over the place. Well equipped & ready for a proper howling easterly directly and unmoderated from Siberia!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So far, no heating at all...better an extra jumper than a fortune to the energy racketeers?

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Gone mad and treated myself to an electric blanket ! 60 watts for an hour or two will not break the bank . I've had my little log burner lit 5 times so far this autumn .. to keep visitors warm ! Will be lighting it more to keep damp out than me warm .Amazing how little heat we really need ...

Posted

Turned it on last night for the first time to take the chill off & enjoy a bit of warmth before 'the 15th November price increase' kicked in. Have now dug out a range of hoodies/jumpers and throws to drape over legs for tonight onwards though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I've hardly needed the heating on at all so far. Mostly for a brief time in the morning. Although being in halls means I don't have to worry about heating bills :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

The girlfriend isn't here tonight so I haven't got the heating on even though it's 13c indoors, certainly rather chilly but I have put the shorts and tshirt away now and resorted to wearing jeans and jumper. I think the bed will be chilly when I get in, felt the sheets earlier and it's like putting your hand in the fridge lol Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

The girlfriend isn't here tonight so I haven't got the heating on ....

I fell asleep on the sofa last night, only to wake up to find that the missus had covered me in blankets and had turned the heating on to outrageous levels. I can't work out if she still doesn't get it that I don't feel the cold or she was just deliberately trying to enrage me. Wasn't happy either way, in fact I'm still traumatised.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I fell asleep on the sofa last night, only to wake up to find that the missus had covered me in blankets and had turned the heating on to outrageous levels. I can't work out if she still doesn't get it that I don't feel the cold or she was just deliberately trying to enrage me. Wasn't happy either way, in fact I'm still traumatised.

I have no control over the heating being in a student accommodation where it seems to,be time set and I do hate going to bed at a nice temperature but being woken up when the hearings on.At any rate the windows are still open from time to time but I have moved to a jumper and scarf.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I have no control over the heating being in a student accommodation where it seems to,be time set and I do hate going to bed at a nice temperature but being woken up when the hearings on.At any rate the windows are still open from time to time but I have moved to a jumper and scarf.

Yours is time set? I can crank my radiator up at any time I like, I must be lucky!

Posted

Yours is time set? I can crank my radiator up at any time I like, I must be lucky!

The last 2 years I was in modern halls so could when I like although I never switched it on being high up. This year I'm in an older accommodation.