Sign in to follow this  
stewfox

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

Dropped to 11.4c outside now and inside is 17.3c falling. Yes there will be heating on in but moments!

Dropped to 11.4c outside now and inside is 17.3c falling. Yes there will be heating on in but moments!

Even if I turned mine on now it will not start "storing" until later and certainly not put heat out until Friday.

Definitely not. i'd rather go the way of Hitler! Slopes off whistling Colonel Bogey...Posted Image Posted Image 

Instead of checking the temperatures inside and out every few minutes Nick as you seem to do? Set the thermostat to whatever you want the inside to be at=bingo, the system looks after itself?

Still no

Although its cooler today there is a lot of sunshine which gives the rooms free heat

Posted Image

Not got it on in here even though the temperature outside is struggling to make double figures now with a strong wind making a racket and blowing leaves everywhere. 

In fact I've still got the Summer duvet on the bed.

just been outside and it is cooler now but inside is still OK.

7c here now. I've opened the windows to feel the nice cool N/W air, and it feels wonderful.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Not yet Windows still open just going round to close the curtains.

Not today, but probably tomorrow morning if it's as chilly as I am expecting.

Edited by cheese

Instead of checking the temperatures inside and out every few minutes Nick as you seem to do? Set the thermostat to whatever you want the inside to be at=bingo, the system looks after itself?

Yes that's the default winter mode - I set it to 21c when I'm in then throttle back to 16-17c during the day. Then even on really cold days it can recover in 2-3 hours instead of 5-6 hours if it drops down to 13c or less - which it can easily do in just 7-8 hours of cooling from a heated 21c. 

I just like looking at the data... that's why I keep looking! Strangely interesting...

Anyway on this subject... time to fire her up!

Coldest temperature all October now, and the dew point is 2c, the wind is howling and the sun is setting; uber Autumnal! Think it's time to fire up the heating...

No. Still 20 degrees in my house. 10 degrees outside.

Yes that's the default winter mode - I set it to 21c when I'm in then throttle back to 16-17c during the day. Then even on really cold days it can recover in 2-3 hours instead of 5-6 hours if it drops down to 13c or less - which it can easily do in just 7-8 hours of cooling from a heated 21c. 

I just like looking at the data... that's why I keep looking! Strangely interesting...

Anyway on this subject... time to fire her up!

costs more the way you are operating

Had the fire on for ten minutes after Tea,as for the central heating not yet

C.S

Winter will be no threat for now for cornwall so hopefully no heating for a long time.Posted Image Posted Image

Indeed. No chance of the heating being needed here for ages probably. :D

Indeed. No chance of the heating being needed here for ages probably. Posted Image

You could be right...As long as nothing weird happens.

Well it's actually 9C now, so a decent drop from earlier. Obviously the windows are still open; it's lovely to have some cooler air circulating.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Got mine on although didnt want to. The sound of the wind blowing makes you feel colder.

House nice 'n cosy at 21c with heating rumbling away for 15-20 mins in every hour or so. It's warmer in here now than its been in many many weeks now in actual fact!

Dropped to 15.8C downstairs this morning so a brief warm up is needed.