Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Actually the first half of February 2012 was one of my favourite ever spells of weather.

Lol yeah it was just a thin slice of February that had some cold weather, overall taking December, January and the 2nd half of Feb into account it was a much milder Winter compared with the previous ones, not really noteworthy in terms of cold and snow for the vast majority of the country.

No worries there mate  - they've certainly decreased in frequency over the past few years, that's for sure, with more cold, snowy spells and/or anticyclonic frosty spells than useless Barlett spells (which everyone hates). Think we're going to be OK this winter, so don't worry - I'm sure the cold you want so badly will arrive eventually. Hoping for a big dumping especially for you! Posted Image

Everyone hates easterly winds so hopefully we'll have a nice mild Winter with a large Bartlett parked to the south of us just like Christmas 2011 which everyone including you adores. Hoping for mild days with long fetch SW winds especially for you! Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

Posted

Well their more likely than not to happen so you best hope one doesn't form as they can take 6 weeks or longer to shift - unlike cold snowy spells which usually don't last more than 2 weeks at a time thanks to our friend the Atlantic, so I can relax and know that this is not Northern Canada or the Rocky Mountains and cold never lasts too long here. Posted Image Here's to a long mild Winter like 2011-12 or 1988-89 that we can all enjoy Posted Image

And heres to you giving us head peace.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
Everyone hates easterly winds

Lol.. lies. You can't hide your affection for easterly winds forever. Even Summer Sun and Bottesford love easterly winds really, especially ones laden with cloud!

Edited by cheese

Posted

Anyone who has their heating on must be a hermit who died in March.

Don't tell that to cheese but he had his heating on the other day the poor fairy thing, god knows how he'll survive a Bartlett in January haha

Posted

Don't tell that to cheese but he had his heating on the other day the poor fairy thing, god knows how he'll survive a Bartlett in January haha

I'm not sure how I'd cope - it'd be so warm and stifling, since, you know, our winters are very warm anyway. God knows how hot it'd be with a Barlett high parked over continental Europe. Dread the thought. Thankfully, that isn't going to happen, so don't worry. Your desire for a bitter cold winter still has a change of materialising. Feel sorry for those weirdos who like Barlett highs though.. lol.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm not sure how I'd cope - it'd be so warm and stifling, since, you know, our winters are very warm anyway. God knows how hot it'd be with a Barlett high parked over continental Europe. Dread the thought. Thankfully, that isn't going to happen, so don't worry. Your desire for a bitter cold winter still has a change of materialising. Feel sorry for those weirdos who like Barlett highs though.. lol.

Indeed our Winters including Ireland are "warm" in comparison to other countries in Europe apart from Spain/Portugal/Greece, hell even parts of Italy can get colder and snowier than poor old UK. But don't worry we won't get as cold/snowy as even parts of France this Winter either - we never do haha. Odds on for a mild one that we all can enjoy! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Lol.. lies. You can't hide your affection for easterly winds forever. Even Summer Sun and Bottesford love easterly winds really, especially ones laden with cloud!

I genuinely do love raw easterlies laden with cloud, they didn't stop through February and March and it was wonderful.
  • Like 2

Posted

which is 99% of joe public. if they knew what a barlett high was of course

Posted

True - they also like watching X Factor and Corrie. They're definitely weirdos.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

True - they also like watching X Factor and Corrie. They're definitely weirdos.

Agreed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Is it, though? I honestly don't know what people who aren't interested in the weather generally prefer. Certainly the football forum I frequent also goes a bit mad at the prospect of a cold snowy period. What I do know is that all kids love it, and some of us are prepared to admit we've never grown out of it.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Is it, though? I honestly don't know what people who aren't interested in the weather generally prefer. Certainly the football forum I frequent also goes a bit mad at the prospect of a cold snowy period. What I do know is that all kids love it, and some of us are prepared to admit we've never grown out of it.Posted Image

All I can say is - with reasonable confidence - is that almost nobody prefers rain over snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

In need my partner hates cold and snow and would settle for 12c for the whole of the winter

She doesn't know what a Barlett is of course (too busy making my tea)

Posted

sadly no adults i know like cold and snow and the short days in winter, in fact that hate it, the football forum i use people go mad as well if snow postpones a game, the trouble is snow is seen as an inconvenience to them and no one sits back for a minute to look out of the window and notice how beautiful snow is when it is falling and settling, snow is so rare here as well but they still moan as if it is a daily occurrence

anyway way off topic i haven't turned my heating on yet

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

sadly no adults i know like cold and snow and the short days in winter, in fact that hate it, the football forum i use people go mad as well if snow postpones a game, the trouble is snow is seen as an inconvenience to them and no one sits back for a minute to look out of the window and notice how beautiful snow is when it is falling and settling, snow is so rare here as well but they still moan as if it is a daily occurrence

anyway way off topic 

If I asked Mrs Yarmy if she preferred a Bartlett High, she'd ask what its Ofsted rating was.

In need my partner hates cold and snow and would settle for 12c for the whole of the winter

She doesn't know what a Barlett is of course (too busy making my tea)

If I asked Mrs Yarmy whether she liked a Bartlett High, she'd ask me what its Ofsted rating was.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well from Wednesday it could be a good test.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I know people who like snow or crisp days in winter but almost everyone I know prefers summer warmth (20-25c) over everything.

I think the least popular weather is 2-6c with cloud & biting winds - so pretty much average winter weather!

Posted

10c and cloudy is more like average winter weather not average technically but still normal winter weather in that sense

Edited by Tony27

Posted

Indeed our Winters including Ireland are "warm" in comparison to other countries in Europe apart from Spain/Portugal/Greece, hell even parts of Italy can get colder and snowier than poor old UK. But don't worry we won't get as cold/snowy as even parts of France this Winter either - we never do haha. Odds on for a mild one that we all can enjoy! Posted ImagePosted Image

France is warmer than the British isles in the winter.

And don't start about the Alps they are thousands of feet high.

Posted

France is warmer than the British isles in the winter.

And don't start about the Alps they are thousands of feet high.

Like I said parts of France are colder than most of the UK especially areas in the East part of the country near Germany, and no it's not even the Alps, Strasbourg is a cold city near the border with Germany. Strasbourg on average is colder than most parts of the UK. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg#Climate

Basically anywhere East of Metz can get very cold in Winter.

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

I think the least popular weather is 2-6c with cloud & biting winds

After snow and well below average temperatures, this is the next best thing for me! Love the rawness of it, and the relentlessness. February this year was great for that sort of stuff.

Posted

The cold front passed through here this morning, current temp is 10.7c but the indoor temp is 20.5c. So it will take a drop of at least 3c before the wife insist we put the heating on, on a low setting of course, compromise and all that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

sat here in t-shirt still and I feel the cold these days too (too many accidents and broken, twisted and sprained bits)