Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Should rename the thread 'have you turned your fan back on yet'

Been on today, and it's still like a blast furnace in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Don't worry I don't because most of us know that mild weather is far more dominant over cold in this country

Unfortunately you're right, it is. Unless of course you are one of those people who finds 15C cold, then you'll pretty much find that every month of the year is cold. Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Been on today, and it's still like a blast furnace in here.

What the heating or a fan ? winters over

The IPCC are loving this unseasonal warm weather  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

What the heating or a fan ? winters over

The IPCC are loving this unseasonal warm weather Posted Image

The fan has been on full whack.

Edit: That is an awesome emoticon by the way haha!

It may be mild here but further down the jet stream it certainly isn't.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Gaz1985, October 4, 2013 - wrong post
Hidden by Gaz1985, October 4, 2013 - wrong post

But unfortunately for you, it isn't mild enough to make heating unnecessary or to allow outdoor activities year-round, so while I can rest in peace knowing snow will fall eventually (it always does), you have to contend with the fact that winter is coming and you won't be happy until March while you endlessly complain about how chilly, damp and dark it is (typical UK winter fare). Sucks to be you LOL!

It's been mild enough since late April to not have the heating on across 99% of the UK (if you're not a wimp that is, because unlike you I have the bottle to sit in 15c-18c indoors and not feel cold haha) you can do many outdoor activities all year round too considering we rarely have extreme weather in this country especially cold haha, and who said I won't be happy til March? if we get a mouthwatering Bartlett which is more likely than extreme cold we'll all be happy eh? Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985
Posted

But unfortunately for you, it isn't mild enough to make heating unnecessary or to allow outdoor activities year-round, so while I can rest in peace knowing snow will fall eventually (it always does), you have to contend with the fact that winter is coming and you won't be happy until March while you endlessly complain about how chilly, damp and dark it is (typical UK winter fare). Sucks to be you LOL!

it's been mild enough since late April to not have the heating on across 99% of the UK (if you're not a wimp that is, because unlike you I have the bottle to sit in 15c-18c indoors and not feel cold haha) you can do many outdoor activities all year round too considering we rarely have extreme weather in this country especially cold haha and where you are probably fares better overall than here, you're very low down and in the shadow of the Pennines so drier than here, and who said I won't be happy til March? if we get a mouthwatering Bartlett which is more likely than extreme cold we'll all be happy eh? Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Some of us are more interested in the weather rather than our gas bills. This is Netweather not moneysavingsexpert.com.

• Like 2

Posted

Some of us are more interested in the weather rather than our gas bills. This is Netweather not moneysavingsexpert.com.

And I'm more interested in making money than making cute little snowmen haha Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

it's been mild enough since late April to not have the heating on across 99% of the UK (if you're not a wimp that is, because unlike you I have the bottle to sit in 15c-18c indoors and not feel cold haha) you can do many outdoor activities all year round too considering we rarely have extreme weather in this country especially cold haha and where you are probably fares better overall than here, you're very low down and in the shadow of the Pennines so drier than here, and who said I won't be happy til March? if we get a mouthwatering Bartlett which is more likely than extreme cold we'll all be happy eh? Posted Image Posted Image

Nah, winter here sucks. Chilly, overcast and damp. You're going to be very miserable come November, probably cooped up indoors like a hermit crab, sobbing into your tea or coffee. Hehe. I can hardly wait. Especially if we get lots of snow and cloud, with bone-chilling easterly winds, like last winter. When was the last time we had a raging Barlett again (not 'Bartlett' lol)?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

Nah, winter here sucks. Chilly, overcast and damp. You're going to be very miserable come November, probably cooped up indoors like a hermit crab, sobbing into your tea or coffee. Hehe. I can hardly wait. Posted Image

Winter here is perfect most of the time, not too cold and I'm more a beer man bud, coffee and tea are for wimps haha Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

Yeah, winter here is practically the Costa del Sol! Can hardly wait! Sunbathing and swimming galore come January I'm sure lol.

Beer is disgusting btw. If you want to prove your manliness, you have to endure a cold, snowy winter without complaining about it. Got it? Posted Image

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Yeah, winter here is practically the Costa del Sol! Can hardly wait! Sunbathing and swimming galore come January I'm sure lol.

Mild or warm is good enough for me! save the sunbathing and swimming for Spring/Summer when the sun is stronger Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

Mild or warm is good enough for me! save the sunbathing and swimming for Spring/Summer when the sun is stronger Posted Image

Sure.. sure.. you keep telling yourself that. It'll make the onslaught of winter easier to deal with. Posted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

Sure.. sure.. you keep telling yourself that. It'll make the onslaught of winter easier to deal with. Posted Image

Onslaught haha Where do you think we are? The Rocky Mountains? lol Posted Image

Posted

If only, right? We'd all be much happier. Here's to a long, cold and snowy winter - for all of us! Let's hope there are no Barletts at all - nobody wants that. Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Heating? I could do with air conditioning. Counting the days now til' some po-faced presenter comes on telly and asks "could it be because of climate change"? Be worth a chuckle, if nowt else.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Not got the heating on, but had tested it a few weeks a go for a couple of days, can't remember but was a few cold days and nights down south at the time, and was first time used since the Spring.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well no heating yesterday and this morning it is sunny so it feels nice in here and should hopefully raise it to around 20c (current 18.4c) before the sun is gone by noon. Loving that I've not yet uncorked the radiators - perhaps I can escape to Berlin before I need to!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Too mild! I don't mind sticking the heating on if we have one nice spell w/ sun and clear skies, highs in the late teens, lows near freezing with ground frost, more seasonal please!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

No heating here yet either, infact the doors and windows are open again, quite enjoying this mild spell, even the rain has not dampened my resolve.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Winter here is perfect most of the time, not too cold and I'm more a beer man bud, coffee and tea are for wimps haha Posted Image

Urine is preferable to beer. Disorano FTW.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

House getting warmer again. Looking at the models it's going to stay off for a while.

• Like 1

Posted

If only, right? We'd all be much happier. Here's to a long, cold and snowy winter - for all of us! Let's hope there are no Barletts at all - nobody wants that. Posted ImagePosted Image

Well their more likely than not to happen so you best hope one doesn't form as they can take 6 weeks or longer to shift - unlike cold snowy spells which usually don't last more than 2 weeks at a time thanks to our friend the Atlantic, so I can relax and know that this is not Northern Canada or the Rocky Mountains and cold never lasts too long here. Posted Image Here's to a long mild Winter like 2011-12 or 1988-89 that we can all enjoy Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 2

Posted

Well their more likely than not to happen so you best hope one doesn't form as they can take 6 weeks or longer to shift - unlike cold snowy spells which usually don't last more than 2 weeks at a time thanks to our friend the Atlantic, so I can relax and know that this is not Northern Canada or the Rocky Mountains and cold never lasts too long here. Posted Image Here's to a long mild Winter like 2011-12 or 1988-89 that we can all enjoy Posted Image

Actually the first half of February 2012 was one of my favourite ever spells of weather.

Posted

Well their more likely than not to happen so you best hope one doesn't form as they can take 6 weeks or longer to shift - unlike cold snowy spells which usually don't last more than 2 weeks at a time thanks to our friend the Atlantic, so I can relax and know that this is not Northern Canada or the Rocky Mountains and cold never lasts too long here. Posted Image Here's to a long mild Winter like 2011-12 or 1988-89 that we can all enjoy Posted Image

No worries there mate  - they've certainly decreased in frequency over the past few years, that's for sure, with more cold, snowy spells and/or anticyclonic frosty spells than useless Barlett spells (which everyone hates). Think we're going to be OK this winter, so don't worry - I'm sure the cold you want so badly will arrive eventually. Hoping for a big dumping especially for you! Posted Image

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1