Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I thought you let the missus do the house work so she keep't warm ? Posted Image

Posted

I thought you let the missus do the house work so she keep't warm ? Posted Image

Yes but seeing as it's Sunday I'm allowing her a lie-in. Wait 'til she sees the mountain of washing up with her name all over it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

So mild yesterday that I switched the heating off and removed the woolly blanket from the bed! I know I have my own in-built heating system( flush! flush! flush!) but it doesn't operate 24 hours. We just made do with a fire in the sitting room last night. So, having been a bit rash in switching it off, this will surely herald the start of a wintry spell! I can hope....

Posted

With temps likely to stay in the late teens this week here in the South, I can't see the heating going on for a long time yet:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Overnight low of 13.7C, was 15C at 6am. That's a warm Summer's night, only we're in October! It's terrible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

15.4c min here- deffo summer style night temps but certainly doesn't 'feel' summer with the appallingly low light levels and the way its still only 15.5c now (flat line since 0300). The heating still clicked on this morning for a bit as house temp was only 2c warmer than outside. In summer of course a 15.4c night would be close to 20c by 8am and the sun would be warming the place up nicely. Not so today.

Posted

This autumn has been pretty warm. I have a wifi inside temp unit that switches the heating on if the temp drops below 18c inside and apart from a few days a few weeks ago it has not come on.  I do have cavity wall insulation and more than the required loft insulation.  I also have solar on the roof.  This year it has all come together as I am going into winter with a £300 credit on my energy bills and my direct debit has been reduced.

I can not believe one more week and we will be in November!!  I know the autumn leaves have been delayed by around three weeks.  I guess when the cold does come it will be a shock!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Despite the mild weather the leaves look well turned here - a mucky brown look to everything certainly not as colourful as in some years - lack of sun probably.

Yes great for heating bills but then after last spring - well deserved!

Posted

Dunno the temp indoors, but I'm in shorts and t-shirt, the back door is wide open and I'm listening to the rain.Gonna be a long while before the central heating gets a first run out in this house!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Its a tad chilly and sad to report as a southern softie its now on Posted Image

This is what makes the British weather so much 'fun'

44 days later and its well and truly off.

If the days were not shortening I would be sure it was mid/late spring

Min of 15c last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Still not on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Mine is off again (was only on low anyway)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

House too hot now and I can't open the windows due to furniture blaze in the quarry below.

Posted

Loving the mild weather for keeping the central heating off; hasnt been on since April.

My energy co. had enough 'extra' dosh from me last March and April, compared to less cold years.

I'd rather not have to pay them 'extra' for another few weeks yet.

I love a cold, snowy winter but that can wait til mid December or January, and hopefully be over by end February.

Posted

Whats the point in a winter if it only lasts one month. Seems a bit daft for somewhere above 50N.

Not that abnormal down here to see a 'one month winter'; in fact our area has had plenty of virtually snowless and/or cold winters in my lifetime let alone lasting one month, so i'm used to it.

Posted

Certainly mild enough to cycle around in just a t-shirt but the house itself needs a bit of heat into it as - like during summer - it actually feels cooler when you walk in and feels warmer outside. Earlier it was only 1c warmer inside than out which is a very 'summer' situation except 16-17c just isn't warm enough to sit indoors. Its made worse by the rain - if I don't heat a damp feel comes across the house which does nothing any good at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

16c to 17c just perfect for indoors. Just where you want it...

• Like 1

Posted

Only if doing a lot of activity - for decorating, cleaning, packing and so forth then yes 17c will do. But to sit without much movement and work in for hours? Not a chance!

Posted

I've had a thought....the longer we leave the heating off, the more the energy companies will charge us per unit, as they have to pay for the infrastructure, therefore any mild spell puts pressure on their profit margin. So we will end up paying them roughly the same in the long run even if we save in the short term......grrrrr!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

No not yet still 2 warm yet i did spot hernandez wearing gloves tonite lol

Posted

As it is close to 3C here this evening, yes the heating is on, a bit. Woodburner going well though.