Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted

Aye it's on, I've folded, getting up these last few mornings I've really felt the chill. I either get up at 0530 for my swim at 0600 or up at 0600 to cycle to work. I usually get out of bed and get my Lycra on in the dining room so I don't wake the wife, it's bloody cold walking through the house in the old y fronts. So heating is now on for an hour in the morning and an hour at night to take the chill off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Running the system regularly now - making it a lovely comfortable 21c except the bedroom which I don't heat so it sits about 18c.

Last few weeks in my house so not stressing about gas usage now - shall prioritise comfort!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Not yet...17.3 inside because I've got the windows open and it's just right for me at that temp.

Posted

I have brewed a hot water bottle though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I have one storage heater running - bedroom was 11C this morning and warmest room 17 C 

about the same here then, one storage heater on (only have two) and it is set to low for now.

lounge temp is 21.2oC and that being the comfort temp and mine I am fine with (last winter even with them on the *best* it could reach in here was 18-19oC)

Posted

Still over 20C in here, so no heating on yet, although I've got the winter layer of the duvet out of the cupboard.

Posted

Still over 20C in here, so no heating on yet, although I've got the winter layer of the duvet out of the cupboard.

I have no heating on upstairs, never have done, for the bedroom I have (like the lounge) an extra throw/fleece.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Still not on yet as can't afford it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

temps going up again, room temp is 19.9C.

of course no heating, heating at almost 20C is crazy.

but because of the air movement outside it doesnt feel as warm as start of week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It came on here this morning as house was down to 17.3c (a 4c fall in 8 hours) but now back to 20.3c after 2 hours heating.

You lot with homes at 20c without needing any heating when its only 12c outside just count yourselves lucky! I'd imagine if I didn't heat all day today we'd be pretty close to outdoor temps in here by tomorrow morning. Not an experiment I intend to try!

Posted

Aye, I have my 4.5 tog duvet on the bed now, although I only need it some nights and then not usually all night long. Roll on the cold nights - I've love snuggling up under a duvet :) 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

On and off switched off again now due to mild nights. If it wasn't windy I may not have turned it on at all. Temp downstairs a warm 18.8C. So shouldn't need it tonight.

Posted

Turned mine back off too, now the ambient temp inside is back to the 20 mark it does not feel so bad (only an E7 storage heater anyway so it will keep warm for a day or two now it is primed).

Posted

It's 14c in here and plenty,plenty warm enough - still walking around in t-shirt and shorts. Meanwhile, the missus and kid are curled up together in bed, trying to 'keep warm'. Honestly,there's no hope for some folk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Still far too warm here, I have considered wearing a jumper though. Still only stage 1 though for me.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Currently 9.8c here, heating is on but not for my benefit..

• Like 1

Posted

I am only heating a single room (rather was) the rest of the house remains the same, just keeping my lounge warm for now so I can relax in comfort, plus I did need to test the heater before I really need it in the coming weeks.

Posted

Once we hit 20.5c at 10am I've left it off since. Am about to pack up some things in the house so the steady 19.3c we're now at will be fine.