Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

3,6c here now with a wind chill of -0.4c, so heating is now on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

19.5 inside, 6.8 outside...still too warm. Going to open the windows for a bit.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Very glad I set the heating timer last night - the place has been nicely warmed to 19.4c instead what would have been <16c or lower without.

Posted

I did conceded and put the heated seats on in the car this morning as they were ruddy cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And boy was I glad I heated this morning - I was well warmed before setting off to cycle downhill into the cold. Think a thin fleece isn't quite up to the job at 7c but especially when going out without gloves!

No need for heating at all or any air con/fans unlike most of the summer and the autumn so far, will save me a fortune this pleasant weather, some of you act like its the next ice age or something, really wish you could experience a true little ice age, it would sort the men from the boys ;)

• Like 4

Posted

No chance yet still far too warm, currently 19.8c inside.

No need for heating at all or any air con/fans unlike most of the summer and the autumn so far, will save me a fortune this pleasant weather, some of you act like its the next ice age or something, really wish you could experience a true little ice age, it would sort the men from the boys ;)

By 2020 that wish may come true.

Posted

And boy was I glad I heated this morning - I was well warmed before setting off to cycle downhill into the cold. Think a thin fleece isn't quite up to the job at 7c but especially when going out without gloves!

I know a guy who once set off to the Arctic Circle on an MZ250 motorbike... he never wore gloves and that jaunt was no exception. Mind you he's as hard as nails and his fingers have accumulated so much insulating fat that they look like Cumberland sausages.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

The cold front passed through here this morning, current temp is 10.7c but the indoor temp is 20.5c. So it will take a drop of at least 3c before the wife insist we put the heating on, on a low setting of course, compromise and all that.

colder air arrived here today, room temp down by 3 degrees. so now below 20c.  was 18.5 at 5am with front door and windows shut.

in my opinion the difference is wind, is now some wind outside the first wind for several weeks.  If i stand outside in a t-shirt it feels a bit chilly, not cold just chilly.

I think weather is perfect for me, feels just about right.

I expect a drop of another 10-15C and I then need heating.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted

No need for heating at all or any air con/fans unlike most of the summer and the autumn so far, will save me a fortune this pleasant weather, some of you act like its the next ice age or something, really wish you could experience a true little ice age, it would sort the men from the boys Posted Image

Now is the same kind of 'men' who supposedly need a fan on at 20c? Whatever would you do if you experience some actual hot weather eh!

• Like 1

Posted

Now is the same kind of 'men' who supposedly need a fan on at 20c? Whatever would you do if you experience some actual hot weather eh!

I have the fan on in the bedroom 365 days a year... it's not for cooling purposes but 'cos I hate the silence and it provides a background white noise which helps me kip!  A mini ice age would be a good thing as hopefully it'd harden-up the missus and kid and stop their incessant bleating about being cold, even in balmy conditions like we have right now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

On this morning as oap's with bad hips ...Only until 08:30 this morning from 06:15.. Thermostat now controlling.. 18c to 21c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

It's bang on 17c indoors here, 16.5c in the lounge and dropping by the hour, I know to some people that's a bit chilly but I got a jumper on and feel fine, hands and feet are warm so no need for heating on yet.

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

Ashamed to say turned it on bout an hour ago Posted Image

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

If I'm being really pedantic here I reckon it's more manly to be able to deal with cold because it suggests that you have more body hair and muscle, manly features. Not true in all cases though and I suppose that is only physical manliness.

Posted

had to put it on tonight, it felt freezing even though its not technically cold at all, 10c in december is mild and my body is used to that temp, not in october though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

not on and wearing a t-shirt.

room temp 18.5

however on some smal occasions I felt bit chilly, outside is now chilly and when I came out of bath I briefly felt cold but warmed up quickly.

This temp is pretty much perfect for me indoors.