Sign in to follow this  
stewfox

Have you turned your central heating on yet ?

Its a tad chilly and sad to report as a southern softie its now on Posted Image

Not half - yesterday I was at Beziers Airport sweltering in a 23c with high humidity and thunderstorms - today it is 15c in Watford and freezing my goolies off.

yes I have turned into a southern softie - so what.

No and even when it was downward of -15c in 2010 I only ever heated one room.

had gas fire on a couple of days ago one evening because my other half was cold and she went mad when I offered her her coat....cannot understand it?

had gas fire on a couple of days ago one evening because my other half was cold and she went mad when I offered her her coat....cannot understand it?

I offer mine bread an' taties and that goes down even worse. Anyway stuff her I pay the goddamn bill and I say when the heating goes on. Simple.

I said to mine "its a bit nippy to night shall we have an early one" Posted Image But then i suddenly got all hot under the collar !!!

She put the heating on full Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

No and the longer It stays off the better the house is more than warm enough currently Its not even crossed my mind

Nope not needed yet shouldn't be for a while.

kidding?

I have no plans to turn mine on till late Oct/early Nov, and only then if I need to.

Haven't had the heating on since about Feb. It will stay off as long as possible. Even now I'm sat next to an open window. and it's 12 degrees outside..love cool nights.

Its a tad chilly and sad to report as a southern softie its now on Posted Image

Really? Just a few days after it was 25c+ outside? Does your house lose heat that quickly?

Even after a cooler weekend and what is now a fresh evening the lounge here is 22.1c and the always cooler hallway 20.4c .

Nope not had it on yet still nice and comfortable indoors, I resisted last year until I couldn't feel my hands and feet in November, that's when I know it's time to switch it on lol 

Yes. Never at night though - I prefer to sleep with the windows open.

Edited by cheese

Certainly not yet, currently sat in lounge with a t-shirt on and still plenty warm enough. Heating won't be on while we are still in September, and even October should be fine to leave it ioff in most years.

Really? Just a few days after it was 25c+ outside? Does your house lose heat that quickly?

Even after a cooler weekend and what is now a fresh evening the lounge here is 22.1c and the always cooler hallway 20.4c .

It was 28c here a few days ago , 13c now.

The house (converted barn) doesn't hold on to the heat ??. It can get very warm upstairs in the summer.

The heating was on for 30 mins now off.

My Gas bill was £310 over the 'estimates' last winter so maybe I'll grab a jumper next time.

As a student in Jan 87 I wore 7 jumpers at one go , but different times. Difference between cant afford to and need to.

Edited by stewfox

3c morning and mid-teen highs recently, but no heating... yet. Can see it getting flicked on temporarily over the next few weeks.

The beginning of November at the earliest, unless we have a (relatively) very cold spell beforehand. :)

We never really had the high temps last week and with recent nights below 10C and last night 2.3C things are cooling down.Swept the chimney on Friday and have has a small log fire for 2 or 3 hours in the evenings since then. It's 7.6C this evening.

Nope. Currently in my bedroom with the window wide open (has been since July) with an outdoor temperature of 11.6C. Maybe when it starts to dip below 4C outside I'll consider shutting the window.

ah the wonders of youth and not feeling the cold, I remember it well, not vaguely!

yep mine switched on at 21C for the lounge today and tripped in a couple of times days ago.

ah the wonders of youth and not feeling the cold, I remember it well, not vaguely!

At what age approximately can I expect to feel the chill wind of old age?  Nearly fifty now and I feel the cold less than I did as a hot-blooded young buck!

We have central heating but rarely use it. A wood burner is our source of heating so we don't really have any heating until mid October, we just put more clothes on if it gets chilly in the mean time!

On for the third time this morning - was too chilly.