Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

I'm up, even if no-one else is. (Yup, hangover still dictating my life. Posted Image )

Anyway........just thought I'd point out - to myself, if nobody else! -  it's 9.2° here at the moment. Single figures for what, I believe, is the first time since June. Welcome autumn Posted Image, I love ya even if no other south-easterner does!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I'm up, even if no-one else is. (Yup, hangover still dictating my life. Posted Image )

Anyway........just thought I'd point out - to myself, if nobody else! -  it's 9.2° here at the moment. Single figures for what, I believe, is the first time since June. Welcome autumn Posted Image, I love ya even if no other south-easterner does!

Autumn is my favourite season!! Its been below 10c here a one or two times recently.

i have a reading of 7.9c at the moment

Posted

Some hefty (and thundery) showers in the South West, not sure they'll make it here though, trajectory appears to be to the North East so over the West of our region should see something in the next couple of hours.

Posted

Morning all!  I love Autumn it's my favourite season.  The colour changes, the fog and mist, the warmth still in the air and hint of the chill to come. Yummy!

We got down to 7.2c here at 7am.  Currently 10.6c

Have a great day all. :)

• Like 4

Posted

A good 2 hour walk interspersed with some blackberry picking and sloe spotting. The sloe crop looks like it could be quite good this year 

I'm blackberried right out at the moment, but my secret stash of sloes is coming on and I reckon another 10 to 14 days to get them ripe and juicy enough for this years vintage.

Morning folks!

A lovely crisp and bright day here in Sussex with the sun beaming into the house and filling every corner (must do some dusting!!). A bit chillier than last week but non the less sunny and with so much to do today, I need an extension to the weekend to fit everything in. If I set up to get into Parliament at the next election solely on the basis of a three days weekend for all, do you think it would get much support?

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you are doing and I hope you have as much sunshine as I do. :good:

• Like 5

Posted

UKASF forecast for today is interesting:

post-6667-0-73934500-1378629254_thumb.jp

Synopsis

Cut-off upper low begins to form a sharp upper trough once again, as it slowly pivots northeastwards across the British Isles, with two strong jet streaks on the eastern and western flanks. Cool mid-levels atop warm SST/LSTs will promote another day of convection.
Discussion

... HIGHLIGHTED AREAS ...

Showers are already ongoing offshore due to warm SSTs and cool mid-levels. Steering winds will continue to push further showers inland through today. As surface temperatures rise due to diurnal heating, showers will become more sustained as they move inland, with further showers developing elsewhere. A couple hundred J/kg and ELTs down to -30C suggests some sporadic lightning is possible, particularly over the western half of the ISOL due to the best instability is likely to be present here. DLS is initially rather weak, but will increase significantly in western areas later in the afternoon, allowing cells here to become better organised and more sustained. Some low-level convergence along southern and western coasts may perhaps allow a funnel or brief waterspout to form. Given cool air aloft, some small hail is possible in some showers. There are indications that convective activity may increase in coverage around the coasts of East Anglia, Kent, Sussex and Lincolnshire through the evening hours, with perhaps a greater chance here of some sporadic lightning activity through the evening and early part of the night, particularly near the coast. 

http://ukasf.co.uk/storm-forecasts/278

• Like 3

Hi Coast,

that also seems to tie in with the Met Office forecast for the east

Quote "

Tonight:

Showers should mostly die away during the evening, perhaps persisting for a time in some coastal districts. Becoming chilly into the early hours, with some mist and fog patches developing. Minimum Temperature 6 Â°C.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Coast,

that also seems to tie in with the Met Office forecast for the east

Fingers crossed Chris! 

Posted

I was up but not daring to put finger to keyboard after an evening of 'final' birthday celebrations! Especially after reading about your's and Leigh's hangovers:(

Very cool indoors this morning - 18.6 which is below my 'comfortable sitting around' threshold of 20; no wonder, in the mists of my memory of last night, I seem to recall nagging husband to put the heating on!

Cloud and blue sky patches outside. I too love autumn, favourite season; my son loves it as it culminates, after halloween and bonfire night in his birthday and ChristmasPosted Image Just popped into the MOD and there are some very positive signs for benign and pleasant conditions through September, keeping fingers crossed for a return to low 20s perhaps with some seasonal fog/mist in the mornings (minus the traffic chaos preferably). Lovely:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Did someone say thunderstorms? Will we get them, or will it be the 1037th time when it didn't materialise Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

No I am not late up, just late on here today :p , just finished the dusting and vacuming whilst soaking the dishes and having a clean and tidy up, that just leaves me the washing up to finish and ironing to do later when I also clean out the bird cage, that means the next 6-8 hours are all mine Posted Image

errr weather relate, yes, yes err it is rather pleasent now but think it is more i've warmed up rather than anything else, cool start this morning but believe it or not the shed is telling me it is 16.3oC out there now.  Sunny just a few clouds after a clear night.

Hope you all have a fine and dandy sunday.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

post-9147-0-32494400-1378636411_thumb.jp

Beautiful sunny start to the day, these guys seem to enjoy it too...

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

I'm blackberried right out at the moment, but my secret stash of sloes is coming on and I reckon another 10 to 14 days to get them ripe and juicy enough for this years vintage.

Hi Coast - a question regarding the sloes if I may..I thought it was best to leave the sloe picking until after the first frost? Or is that rubbish?!Temperature dropped to 9.8c here last night, first single digit recording since June 25th! Pleasant now, breezy and sunny, just some cloud to the NW and 18.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Autumn is my favourite season!! Its been below 10c here a one or two times recently.

i have a reading of 7.9c at the moment

I think I was a little hasty in my "nobody likes autumn" assessment last night!

I was up but not daring to put finger to keyboard after an evening of 'final' birthday celebrations! Especially after reading about your's and Leigh's hangovers:(

Very cool indoors this morning - 18.6 which is below my 'comfortable sitting around' threshold of 20; no wonder, in the mists of my memory of last night, I seem to recall nagging husband to put the heating on!

Cloud and blue sky patches outside. I too love autumn, favourite season; my son loves it as it culminates, after halloween and bonfire night in his birthday and ChristmasPosted Image Just popped into the MOD and there are some very positive signs for benign and pleasant conditions through September, keeping fingers crossed for a return to low 20s perhaps with some seasonal fog/mist in the mornings (minus the traffic chaos preferably). Lovely:)

Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations. Boy, was that an evil hangover I had yesterday!

As regards today.....sunny start, clouded over, a few spots a rain about an hour ago, and now the sun is back. There's a nice convective sky to my south-west though. Pic attached. (Second pic is of someone who has just come to have a nose at me typing this!)

Also came across this on the net this morning. Some great shots from space. (Love those storm cells shooting up from earth in one of the pics.)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lightbox/spectacular-space-images-show-japanese-craft-above-earth-slideshow/the-jaw-dropping-images-also-show-the-strait-of-gibraltar-where-the-atlantic-ocean-and-the-photo-1378480435904.html

post-20598-0-66674900-1378638730_thumb.j post-20598-0-90795500-1378638750_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon all, 

Walked for miles this morning, it was a bit chilly first thing but warmed up nicely as the day's gone on Posted Image

Hope your all having as good a weekend Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Whatever happened to the washout-weekend then? It's another gloriously sunny day here in the Triangle...warm too!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all, 

Walked for miles this morning, it was a bit chilly first thing but warmed up nicely as the day's gone on Posted Image

Hope your all having as good a weekend Posted Image

End up somewhere dodgy again last night?

Whatever happened to the washout-weekend then? It's another gloriously sunny day here in the Triangle...warm too!Posted Image

Quite agree the weekend has been rather good here too, no complaints from me that is for sure.