Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all. Midday has just become midnight here and the dark foreboding skies have just unleashed a torrential downpour. Currently 14c.

Oh dear :(

Sunny here, washing nearly dry too in the brisk breeze.

Posted

Afternoon all!  I've also been blackberry picking with my daughter.  Mind you she ate more than she picked.  Sun has been in and out all day and we've had the odd shower but not amounting to much.

Now having a cuppa and a bacon roll before doing some gardening.

Posted

Afternoon all!  I've also been blackberry picking with my daughter.  Mind you she ate more than she picked.  Sun has been in and out all day and we've had the odd shower but not amounting to much.

Now having a cuppa and a bacon roll before doing some gardening.

That sounds lovely; see if I can do your day in reverse this afternoon or maybe tomorrow if I run out of time.

Friends arriving later for my final birthday celebration. Will optimistically get out garden games for the kids, but it's rather on the cool side now, although the dog has been carefully monitoring weather conditions all morning and has just run out into the garden to sit in his favourite patch in the sun now it has come out:)

Posted

That sounds lovely; see if I can do your day in reverse this afternoon or maybe tomorrow if I run out of time.

Friends arriving later for my final birthday celebration. Will optimistically get out garden games for the kids, but it's rather on the cool side now, although the dog has been carefully monitoring weather conditions all morning and has just run out into the garden to sit in his favourite patch in the sun now it has come out:)

It's lovely and sunny here now.  I hope it stays dry and warm for you later today.  Enjoy your final birthday fling. :)

Posted

A good 2 hour walk interspersed with some blackberry picking and sloe spotting. The sloe crop looks like it could be quite good this year - picked a few of the fatter ones which are now in the freezer, but I think it needs at least another 2 - 3 weeks for them to be worth harvesting in any numbers. Just hope they are still there when we go back!

It was one of those walks where the weather turned around (courtesy Dylan Thomas) a few times as you might be able to tell from these 2 shots, one looking north/north west towards the Betchworth cliffs and the North Downs, the other looking south across a field of flowers that still had some blue about them but had mostly turned to seed. Anyone know what they are?

post-3098-0-29249400-1378559900_thumb.jppost-3098-0-13266600-1378559928_thumb.jp

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

Posted

Brilliant afternoon here, so will shortly make a stroll out to the next village to take advantage of this fine good weather.

Posted

afternoon alll

not to bad a day out there ,sum very nice cloud shapes out there 2 day as well ,warm in sun,cool when sun is in.that will do me

Posted

Just hope they are still there when we go back!It was one of those walks where the weather turned around (courtesy Dylan Thomas) a few times as you might be able to tell from these 2 shots, one looking north/north west towards the Betchworth cliffs and the North Downs, the other looking south across a field of flowers that still had some blue about them but had mostly turned to seed. Anyone know what they are?Posted ImageBuckland Autumn meadow 07.09.13.jpg

Linseed oil from the look of both flowers and seed heads
  • Like 1

Posted

Linseed oil from the look of both flowers and seed heads

Thanks EW. I should have taken my cricket bat and given it a quick rub down! There was a lot of it as you can see from the photo, so being grown commercially I would guess.CheersAS Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

just walked to and from the next village and apart from a short shower it has been rather nice here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Evening all,

On the lash last night, and STILL hungover! So treat me gently. (And what did I say on here the other day? Something like "the 40's ain't that bad." Well, I lied. I NEVER had hangovers into the following evening when I was in my 20's/30's!) Anyway, glad I didn't come on here when I got in - goodness knows what tripe I'd have posted!

As for today.......unlike my hangover, the weather improved as the day wore on. Sunny start soon gave way to cloudier skies, and then there was a very brief but very sharp shower in the late morning. But all change after that. The clouds slowly but surely melted away after about 2 o'clock. And by just after 3, we were left with cloud-free skies. Down to 14.3° now though, with a quarter of an hour before the sun sets, so I reckon a "chilly" one (comparatively speaking) could be on the cards tonight.

Right, off to guzzle another pint of water. Though maybe I should try some hair of the dog which ravaged me.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all,On the lash last night, and STILL hungover! So treat me gently. (And what did I say on here the other day? Something like "the 40's ain't that bad." Well, I lied. I NEVER had hangovers into the following evening when I was in my 20's/30's!) Anyway, glad I didn't come on here when I got in - goodness knows what tripe I'd have posted!As for today.......unlike my hangover, the weather improved as the day wore on. Sunny start soon gave way to cloudier skies, and then there was a very brief but very sharp shower in the late morning. But all change after that. The clouds slowly but surely melted away after about 2 o'clock. And by just after 3, we were left with cloud-free skies. Down to 14.3° now though, with a quarter of an hour before the sun sets, so I reckon a "chilly" one (comparatively speaking) could be on the cards tonight.Right, off to guzzle another pint of water. Though maybe I should try some hair of the dog which ravaged me.

I fully sympathise with you there mate. I was also out on the lash last night, and I'm still shaking now, and have a banging head 😵. I did try the hair of the dog earlier, much to Mrs LeighD's disgust, but the fumes of the alcohol made me feel pretty sick, so I decided to give it a miss... Weather wise I think it's been okay here every time I peered out of the window with shades on, it was bright sun. The only time that changed was around lunch time, when the heavens opened for 10 mins. The Mrs had the hump with me then, as I was unable to run out in the garden by her side to collect the washing. Instead I said 'its breezy it will dry soon' if looks could kill 😄. Have a great rest of the weekend guys
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Evening all,

On the lash last night, and STILL hungover! So treat me gently. (And what did I say on here the other day? Something like "the 40's ain't that bad." Well, I lied. I NEVER had hangovers into the following evening when I was in my 20's/30's!) Anyway, glad I didn't come on here when I got in - goodness knows what tripe I'd have posted!

As for today.......unlike my hangover, the weather improved as the day wore on. Sunny start soon gave way to cloudier skies, and then there was a very brief but very sharp shower in the late morning. But all change after that. The clouds slowly but surely melted away after about 2 o'clock. And by just after 3, we were left with cloud-free skies. Down to 14.3° now though, with a quarter of an hour before the sun sets, so I reckon a "chilly" one (comparatively speaking) could be on the cards tonight.

Right, off to guzzle another pint of water. Though maybe I should try some hair of the dog which ravaged me.

He he! I've never suffered for 24 hours - must be my greater than half Irish ancestry.Posted Image Posted Image

Home after an afternoon drink (or a few) myself. A funny story from today was that a boisterous Labrador knocked over a pint of strong beer on a table nearby. He then proceeded to lap up a fair amount of it and then fell asleep for a couple of hours! He was okay though, when I left the pub - not my local. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

He he! I've never suffered for 24 hours - must be my greater than half Irish ancestry.Posted Image Posted Image

Home after an afternoon drink (or a few) myself. A funny story from today was that a boisterous Labrador knocked over a pint of strong beer on a table nearby. He then proceeded to lap up a fair amount of it and then fell asleep for a couple of hours! He was okay though, when I left the pub - not my local. Posted Image

When I was a kiddie, a friend of my nan's gave her budgie some sherry. She thought he might like a change from water.

He had some......and fell off his perch!

I fully sympathise with you there mate. I was also out on the lash last night, and I'm still shaking now, and have a banging head . I did try the hair of the dog earlier, much to Mrs LeighD's disgust, but the fumes of the alcohol made me feel pretty sick, so I decided to give it a miss...

Weather wise I think it's been okay here every time I peered out of the window with shades on, it was bright sun. The only time that changed was around lunch time, when the heavens opened for 10 mins. The Mrs had the hump with me then, as I was unable to run out in the garden by her side to collect the washing. Instead I said 'its breezy it will dry soon' if looks could kill . Have a great rest of the weekend guys

Hair of the dog is the best cure. But it's also the hardest to swallow. Literally.

And so I don't get told off for talking non-weather stuff.......it'd crystal clear out there, and 12.9°. (And all the solar lights are on. They still had two hours of charging to go, at this time of day a couple of months back!)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

For all of those who have banging heads from too much drink

HELLOPosted Image

and on a weather related matter that shower seemed to split in two and go either side of here, maybe a new triangle is moving in on the patch

Oi tone it down. That big red writing hurts my poor head. 😉To stay on topic, clear skies here now (not like my head) and 13c. I'm off now to climb the wooden hill to bed. Laters guy and girls
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all.

Been a nice day here, dry and pleasant with sunny spells. The hedgehog has come back for it's dinner so it looks like we have a new resident in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Had a 10 minute thunder storm in MK at 4:50pm - it wasn't the best timing as I was just packing three bags into the car and was on my way to pick mr P up from work, the rain was torrential with hail stones as well but by the time I got to central MK it was bone dry so I'm not sure he believed my excuse for being late !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

oops wrong link before Posted Image

Update soon but tomorrow not looking to great now

Hi mk
If that happened to me I would have got I thought you knew what the weather was going to do :-)

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted

Thanks for the updates John, much appreciated as ever.

I'm doing a bit of writing at the moment, and it's almost all nature/weather related so hopefully it's ok if I post the odd piece on here. Anyway, here's the latest, prompted by an early Autumn walk today:

Summer ebbs, fades, westerly setting

Autumn shifts, stretches

Rolls out of summer’s bed

Gently brash

Colours wait as innocents blackberry pick

And sloes, sour for ever, ripen

In sight of squirrels dead on the road

And rose hips sharpen

Above the Downs a storm

Below a haven

As rose hips fade

And dead squirrels sharpen

• Like 5

Posted

The BBC take a lot of stick at times but I can't think of another broadcasting company in the world I would want covering The Last Night Of The Proms, or a number of other events they have covered superbly this summer. Posted Image

The storms just evaded me here this afternoon, very localised it would seem, currently 13c.

• Like 2

Posted

hi bb

the last night is really good and the bbc coverage was excellent and i do not like classical music as a rule

hi abru

v.nice Posted ImagePosted Image

fax update

Posted Image

tomorrow

a weak westerly flow

looks dry up to around 2ish then showers around some heavy moving in from the west

temps around 18

Posted Image

monday

a weak northerly flow

temps around 16-18 degrees

looks mainly dry but light showers and low cloud persisting north east of the region

foggy start likely

rain overnight

Posted Image

tuesday

a breezy northerly flow

looks dry but chance of some showers in the late afternoon

temps 16 degrees but feeling a tad chilly in the wind

Posted Image

wednesday

a breezy northerly flow

temps somewhere around 16-18 degrees

slight risk of showers north of the region and fog poss as well