Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If it was a bit colder you could have mistaken today for winter. Almost wanted to go home and stick the fire on as the rain reminded me of those freezing January days.

Posted

Posted Image

tomorrow

a breezy south west wind

barring the odd shower here and there it looks mainly dry

temps around 18 degrees

Posted Image

sunday

a very weak north west flow

looks dry and mainly sunny

temps around 16-18 degrees

watch for potential fog in the morning

Posted Image

monday

a variable windflow

some showers to the far north of the region but other than that dry

temps around 16 degrees

Posted Image

tuesday

a northerly flow and quite noticeable

showers around and heaviest the far south east of the region

temps around 16 and tagged by the breeze

Posted Image

wednesday

a breezy north to north east flow

looks mainly dry

temps around 14-16 degrees

watch for overnight fog after some chilly nights coming up

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Some incredible video of hail in in Falmouth earlier, can't find the links though

Do you mean this....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=536022376464554

post-10773-0-01259700-1378508650_thumb.j

crazy weather.....looks like Christmas Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Overnight showers clearing away to a rain washed sky and sunshine.  Hopefully this sets the scene for todays trip to SurreyPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A lovely start to the day: wall-to-wall sunshine and 14C...And Posted Image it rained in the Triangle, last night!

• Like 1

Posted

A lovely start to the day: wall-to-wall sunshine and 14C...And Posted Image it rained in the Triangle, last night!

Same here on the Sussex coast with a brisk wind blowing clouds across the sun and 'turning the light' on and off every few seconds. On the whole not a bad start at all.

• Like 1

Posted

Showers in Reigate, maybe they will clear away soon otherwise it will be blackberry picking in the rain!

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 1

Posted

Showers in Reigate, maybe they will clear away soon otherwise it will be blackberry picking in the rain!

Morning Abs. I'm on a secret sloe mission this weekend, although I might be a couple of weeks early so this is just reconnaissance :winky: 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning Abs. I'm on a secret sloe mission this weekend, although I might be a couple of weeks early so this is just reconnaissance Posted Image

Hi Coast, yes, we are going to check the Sloes position as well today ready for a few weeks time, hopefully!
  • Like 1

Posted
A weather expert has told how a series of factors led to heavy fog at the Sheppey Crossing yesterday - and why he isn't surprised it caused such a huge accident. Darren Prescott explained the Isle of Sheppey is more prone to fog because of its marshland areas. The 33-year-old said there were several contributing factors that caused the thick mist - and sparked a huge pile-up of 130 vehicles. He explained a lot of moisture is needed to form fog and it occurs when the air temperature is at or very close to the dew point – the temperature the air has to cool to for dew to form.

Yesterday the dew point was at around 16C, which is why it has been so muggy and this - added to the warm sea breeze which is coming from the North Sea - has drawn in more moisture than normal. Because the nights have seen calm conditions, the air near the ground has been cooling quickly and marshland is more prone to fog anyway due to an abundance of moisture. As a result of all those factors, really dense fog was formed and because of a lack of wind it became consistent and only cleared once the temperature rose above the dew point.

Mr Prescott, who monitors the weather from his home in Bay View, said: "Although fog can form for a variety of reasons, this was a result of warm, humid air, an afternoon sea breeze on Wednesday and calm winds on Wednesday night. "It was among the thickest I've seen with visibility varied – down to about 50ft in the worst areas across the marshes and around Queenborough. "I thought as I drove to work early on Thursday that it was pretty foggy and that an accident on the bridge was a possibility." Mr Prescott, who works at the Westlands School in Sittingbourne, added he does not believe street lighting would have prevented the crash as it just makes the fog itself brighter and does nothing to improve visibility.

Like other drivers who used the road that morning have said, Mr Prescott says he saw a few people driving with no fog or sidelights. 
"I'm relieved there were no fatalities and hopefully it'll reinforce that keeping a safe distance and using fog lights is important," he added. "Hopefully those who are injured will make a swift recovery.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/times_guardian/news/weather-expert-5670/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

morning all,

bright sunny start to the day here...just felt a bit nippy taking the dogs out first thing !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not quite wall-to-wall, just mostly sunny. A pleasant-enough 17C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning

Well it has certainly turned out nice here, after the early week doom and gloom forecasting it is a bit of a turn-a-round, OK it is not exactly scorching and there is an at times stiff breeze, but to be honest the change is good IMHO.

In other news, I managed to stay in the pit of snugness (also known as a bed) pass the 06:00 mark for the first time in over 3 weeks, at first it was bliss, but when I finally did rise 2 hours later found it had given me a bad back instead :( prob from where I am just not used to it I expect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely and sunny in Ippy but the wind has a bit of a bite to it. but it's lovely after the baking heat of Thursday. It was certainly nippy last night....I resorted to donning a cardigan. very unusual for me...but at least I had a more restful night. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful week end whatever you have planned. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hope you all have a wonderful week end whatever you have planned. Posted Image

Already made a trip out and whilst cooler and breezy as you say it is rather nice after the recent months of being cooked on the bone.

I plan to spend a few hours this weekend in the "Den/Art Room/Spare Room", three names, same place Posted Image but will also be watching Burghley Horse Trials on the viewing machine this weekend also.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1