Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 06/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

afternooon alll

well its a bit wet out there,not as heavy as thort it might be. not to cool,but still a bit of a shock to system compared with the last couple of days,looks like sum more rain heading in land,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Drizzly outbreaks on/off in the last hour or so, visibility poor and breeze started to pick up. 14c at 3pm is dreadful compared to 29c we had this time yesterday.. arrivderci summer :/ 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning Martin,

I think we've been spoilt this year, I just hope it doesn't lead to more general depression amongst us as we go into the darker months.

Afternoon Robin. I fear my depression has already set in unfortunately and it worsens through the winter months, though I am always cheered by a decent snowfall or crisp clear frosty days.Posted Image

The last 24 hours have seen one of the sharpest turnarounds I can recall for a long time. At 2pm yesterday the temperature was 27.8c under almost cloudless skies, 2pm today it was 15.9c under a constant blanket of cloud and often so dark I have had to put the lights on in my living room to see what I'm typing. Very little in the way of rainfall here so far though.

Enough of my moaning, happy Poets day to one and all and have a great weekend whatever the weather. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Afternoon Robin. I fear my depression has already set in unfortunately and it worsens through the winter months, though I am always cheered by a decent snowfall or crisp clear frosty days.Posted Image

The last 24 hours have seen one of the sharpest turnarounds I can recall for a long time. At 2pm yesterday the temperature was 27.8c under almost cloudless skies, 2pm today it was 15.9c under a constant blanket of cloud and often so dark I have had to put the lights on in my living room to see what I'm typing. Very little in the way of rainfall here so far though.

Enough of my moaning, happy Poets day to one and all and have a great weekend whatever the weather. Posted Image

Me too! But at least it's raining...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rain is here now, steady, not exactly a washout. The temperature did manage to get into the low twenties prior to this.

Posted

Keep your chin up Martin, We're all here to share those feelings and see you and others through to the next mega-weather event, that surely can't be far away?!

Right, I'm off to hone my culinary skills and try to be the consummate host for the evening, Catch you later, good people of the SE and EA!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

we never got much in the way of any rain here, it was just "damp" every now and then, cooler yes but not cold by a mile, still rather nice in fact and even the sun continues to put in the odd appearance too (when I say odd, not as in peculiar).

Waiting in after rushing home from the orifice for the chippy now to arrive and assess the fence repair and drop in a quote...

....still waiting though.

Posted

Aye, it's just damp really...nothing much to be getting too excited about...Posted Image Posted Image 

Posted

The sun is breaking through here now and the mercury is rising......18c.

I have just realised that they are the two things closest together, from a solar system perspective.

Have I missed something all these years? an in joke?

• Like 1

Posted

The sun has come out - the weather Gods must know it's nearly the weekend and I'm on my way home from work. Lovely!

• Like 2

Posted

I have just realised that they are the two things closest together, from a solar system perspective.

Have I missed something all these years? an in joke?

I meant the mercury rising in the old fashioned thermometer Jax !

Posted

The sun has come out - the weather Gods must know it's nearly the weekend and I'm on my way home from work. Lovely!

Another damp squib!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Was really expecting some heavyish rain today so didn't water the garden last night, I think we've had the grand total of about 12 drops all day!

Talking of my garden, I love this comparison:

April

post-3080-0-52790700-1378484117_thumb.jp

End of August

post-3080-0-28460200-1378484205_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted

I meant the mercury rising in the old fashioned thermometer Jax !

I Know that LOL, just mean is it not odd that the two are closer than anything else in the solar system?

• Like 1

Posted

been a fine day really here, truth be told ( and it shall I tells ye )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not that much rain here today really and the sun is shining brightly now - just the noticeable drop in temperature that seems to be the talking point but even so I've managed without a cardi this afternoon !

It's take away night tonight and possibly something lovely to wash it down - happy weekend folks  Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted

I see that the Beeb in the 6 o'clock News has said that temperatures have dropped by half since yesterday.

I trust that everyone has survived the Cyrogenic state that we must all be in!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I see that the Beeb in the 6 o'clock News has said that temperatures have dropped by half since yesterday.

I trust that everyone has survived the Cyrogenic state that we must all be in!!!

Posted Image

There needs to be immediate staff replacement in the BBC

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Miserable drive to work today, combination of heavy rain and school traffic. It was like a different country. Dry here now and definitely cool, never mind, I'm off to Sicily next week to eek out a little more summer:) Looks like I chose the right week to go, before the summer wear ends up at the back of the wardrobe

Posted

A few hours of pretty heavy rain today in the North Downs micro-climate (no scientific evidence for this, I just like the sound of it), but by mid afternoon the sun was out and it was really not too bad at all, peaking at just shy of 18c.  Thankfully I was wfh today so didn't have to 'do' the M25 in the morning rain or come home in the Friday mayhem.  The weekend looks alright, cooler for sure but not too much rain around and some sun on offer.  Will take that!

have a great weekend all

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. I haven't minded today's weather to much, although I was cursing it when I left my umbrella in my office whilst going out for my lunch time walk. Clear dark and cool here now. Have a great weekend all.