Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013/2014 Forecasts/Hopes/Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

That's the problem when you post these charts, they change!

That's still a good chart for March, not snowy but cold.

Posted Image

Posted

Come to papa

Posted ImageFeb blocking.png

It will be 23 years next February since we had last a significantly cold February at least in the CET region. It feels like it is only a matter of time especially since December (2010), January (2010) and March (2013) have done so recently. No reason why February can't produce such a month.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

That's still a good chart for March, not snowy but cold.

Posted Image

He means that when the CFS updates the charts you posted will also update as well. I believe you need to use the save function on meteociel before posting them here to avoid the issue. For example the chart he was quoting now shows a warm south westerly flow.

Posted

He means that when the CFS updates the charts you posted will also update as well. I believe you need to use the save function on meteociel before posting them here to avoid the issue. For example the chart he was quoting now shows a warm south westerly flow.

Its not- its still showing a fairly dry (pressure at surface too high) but very chilly Easterly, if it was a south-westerly then the quoted post would be a south-westerly!

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

Its not- its still showing a fairly dry (pressure at surface too high) but very chilly Easterly, if it was a south-westerly then the quoted post would be a south-westerly!

Lol are any of us seeing or talking about the same charts? What I see is 4th March 2014 chart, a slack low with easterly flow in the very far north and a slack westerly flow in the far south.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some strange stuff is going on in this thread I think we are seeing two different charts, I decided to screen cap what I saw from your original post which I assume is different to what you originally posted

Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Some strange stuff is going on in this thread I think we are seeing two different charts, I decided to screen cap what I saw from your original post which I assume is different to what you originally posted

Posted Image

Now its all changed -WH quote its a near Bartlett

Got to dash now though - will speak about it tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

To all......They won't change if you just do this, When you've seen the chart you what to post Click on this >>>> Posted Image  Towards the top right of the page (wait)

then Click on the little image/chart (wait) then (copy and paste) the bigger image/chart ........ and that won't changePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 5

Posted

can you link this for me please i cant get the site up for the model 

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Welcome to Netweather, CS...Can you pop your location into your profile, please?Posted Image

Posted

thanks but how com i can only see to 13 off october but use see to march next year

Here you go

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php

Use with extreme caution Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

thanks but how com i can only see to 13 off october but use see to march next year

Click on (CFS Daily) then (Run CFS 9 mois : [ Run courant ])..... It seems alot to take in at first Posted Image.... but you'll find your way around .... Welcome Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Click on (CFS Daily) then (Run CFS 9 mois : [ Run courant ])..... It seems alot to take in at first Posted Image.... but you'll find your way around .... Welcome Posted Image

so when its blue its cold for snow but when its purple what is it

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

the way I do it usually is while on meteociel go to the chart u want to post then right click on it and choose 'save picture as' which then saves it to your computer then in here use 'more reply options' and use that to upload them to the site using the 'choose files' option and put them in your message in the full editor but once putting them in post don't delete from below or wont work they wont appear in the post u need to leave them loaded then they don't change run to run and also while someone is reading the post they can use the arrow keys to flick through the charts while larger on the screen instead of coming out of every chart and clicking on the next one which I feel is really usefull especially when the post holds a lot of charts etc.

I know this method might be a bit of a pain but I think we should all try and do it this way as it is so much better for newcomers to the site as it leaves a proper data archive on the site for them to go back and read through instead of seeing posts with different charts as they have updated and makes things very confusing for them.

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 1

Posted

GFS 6z way out in FI and wont verify but good to see this early on

sea level pressure

post-18233-0-13403500-1380280906_thumb.ppost-18233-0-92983300-1380280911_thumb.ppost-18233-0-02606900-1380280918_thumb.ppost-18233-0-16675600-1380280925_thumb.ppost-18233-0-43107400-1380280931_thumb.ppost-18233-0-58252500-1380280940_thumb.ppost-18233-0-65188000-1380280948_thumb.p

850's

post-18233-0-87289600-1380281020_thumb.ppost-18233-0-42640500-1380281031_thumb.ppost-18233-0-22628300-1380281040_thumb.ppost-18233-0-67876200-1380281052_thumb.ppost-18233-0-58303100-1380281065_thumb.ppost-18233-0-60878300-1380281076_thumb.ppost-18233-0-20811800-1380281086_thumb.p

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Not sure we want to see a boat load of N blocking in Oct-Nov to be fair.

theres nothing to say if we start to see northern blocking just now and through oct-nov we wont see it continue through winter and even spring as we all know the weather is a fickle thing and could go through a period like this very easily.