Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

hi guys, according to the rainfall radar it should be chucking it down here, nothing but a few spots at the moment!

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

hi guys, according to the rainfall radar it should be chucking it down here, nothing but a few spots at the moment!

fromey

Did you put the right postcode in fromey.... Posted Image

We have some light patchy rain here at the moment too but nothing special.

Guest William Grimsley

fromey

Not in Frome. The radar is correct, it is light rain at the moment, there.

Posted

All over pretty quick, nothing like i was expecting today. Its moving through very fast

My girlfriend said something along those lines this morning. Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

All over pretty quick, nothing like i was expecting today. Its moving through very fast

Nothing to see here, move along please!  Posted Image

More rain fell during the few showers we had yesterday. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Rain has just started here now.

Very dark, you wouldn't think it's midday in early October. Rainfall nothing more than moderate though.

Main bulk of PPN heading into South Wales now.

Edited by SeasonalWeatherWatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest from Ian;

"W COUNTRY After current rain clears N, we expect another bout, with windy conditions, to track NE tonight adding poss another 20mm to totals"

Got to admit, I haven't been paying much attention to the model output lately, but I was under the impression that it would clear into the evening.

Something else to watch for then.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Still some light rain here, but it is definitely brighter....I've turned the kitchen light off!

Edit to add that we've had 5.5mm so far, give or take.  The rainfall bit of my wireless system seems to have given up the ghost, so I've had to revert to going outside. Posted Image Yesterday's showers produced 9.5mm, so this morning's rain has been nothing much.

Edited by Lyn-M

Posted

Haven't seen rain like it like this morning! Lots of lightening and a bit of thunder at around 10.30am. I think I've also set myself a new record of being soaked to my knickers in under 6 seconds!! A client's barn got completely flooded as the drainage system in the roof just couldn't take the sheer amount of water coming down so we had 3 separate waterfalls coming down inside the barn. Carnage!

Raining very heavily again now, so glad I've got a quiet day today so don't have to venture out till 4pm.

Pjs on, check, cup of tea in hand, check, Bacon sandwich, check. Sorted! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I thought there was bad weather coming here today?...that's a good one! ...*yawn*

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cloudy before a torrential downpour with pea size hail hit at 19:21 yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 140.4 mm/hr 19:41 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 9.2 mm 19:46 Rainfall Yesterday: 13.2 mm.

Posted

I thought there was bad weather coming here today?...that's a good one! ...*yawn*

A couple of steady showers might have been more appropriate to describe what we have experienced today so far.

Next you might be experiencing a blizzard (1cm)  weather warning come the winter... Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

It would have been described as a damp squip here, but that would've meant wildly overstating the rainfall amounts.

Posted

Yes a narrow line of moderate rain for Wiltshire/Dorset/Bristol parts of our region, however considerably heavier further W/SW with thundery element to it. I think we should be grateful it has moved through quickly for parts of Devon/Cornwall!

I wonder if it will brighten enough this afternoon to see if the atmosphere is capable of producing discrete storms? In the summer months I'd have said it would be a certainty with us in a warm sector.

Humidity has gone up another notch today, currently 95%!! An odd feel considering the brisk gusty SE wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A grand total of 0.6mm so far today in the dry slot that is central southern England. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Next you might be experiencing a blizzard (1cm)  weather warning come the winter... Posted Image

I've got to say, that is funny. :rofl:

Guest William Grimsley

Sunny weather will move into SW England this afternoon. But, it is likely that the sunny weather will be short lived before more heavy and thundery rain moves into SW England this evening and tonight.

post-15531-0-83160200-1380804838_thumb.j

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Beginning to brighten up now, sun is out. Currently 17.9C, total rainfall since midnight 16.0mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'll start a new thread, so finish off any posts....link to follow

Posted