Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

3.6mm Fell Today in my area. Humidity  95%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Beautiful afternoon here. Sun so warm made for a great bike ride on the southern slopes of dartmoor. Forecast suggested a wet late afternoon, glad they got it wrong

Edited by festivalking

Guest William Grimsley

It has been a breezy and wet day today, here. High Wind Gust Today: 18 mph 17:11 High Wind Speed Today: 7 mph 17:16 High Rainfall Rate Today: 8.8 mm/hr 09:17 Rainfall Last Hour: 0.0 mm Rainfall Today: 4.0 mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looks like the South West is going to bear the brunt of any rainfall/showers etc this weekend whilst for most other parts of the country it stays pretty stagnant;

post-12721-0-17152200-1380267796_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Come winter,  r rain.. is normally your snow,  Got your slopes set up for this year? p.s dont scare fergi of this year Posted Image.... lets get snowed in Posted Image

Well I'm not 100% sure yet but I might be in Poland for January so if that's true you should start waxing them ski's Posted Image

Knowing my luck it will be warmest north east Poland has seen for 100 years Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

This weekend is looking like a very active weekend. Lots of heavy showers will move up from the SW from Saturday morning till Monday giving torrential downpours in places. Also, there is likely to be a few thunderstorms, especially on S coasts. Posted Image

There is going to quite a lot of heavy showers over Cornwall, S Devon coast and S Dorset coast, Sat 28/09 15:00. Some of these showers could be heavy and even thundery, in places. Posted Image

UK Precipitation. Valid: Sat 28/09 15:00.

Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

As per William's post, some possbilities for elevated thunderstorms for parts of our region tomorrow....worth keeping an eye on the storm/convective discussion thread for more in depth analysis

Posted

The air temp may only be 17.3c at present but it's feeling very warm in the hazy sunshine due to 89% humidity which is a surprising reading given what at face value seems a drier SE breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The air temp may only be 17.3c at present but it's feeling very warm in the hazy sunshine due to 89% humidity which is a surprising reading given what at face value seems a drier SE breeze.

I was thinking the same, it's quite blowy here but the temp is touching 18C with 80% humidity.  The rain icon is showing on my Davis station, although i don't plan a day by it, it is very accurate within a 20 to 50 mile radius. It should be interesting watching developments on the radar over the next 24hrs or so. Posted Image  

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

As per William's post, some possbilities for elevated thunderstorms for parts of our region tomorrow....worth keeping an eye on the storm/convective discussion thread for more in depth analysis

I'm so excited! :D

It has been a breezy and warm day today, here. High Wind Gust Today: 20 mph 11:53 High Wind Speed Today: 11 mph 14:17 High Temperature Today: 18.4°C 15:48.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Thin cloud. Weak sunshine  17.1c. Humidity 65%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just had a tweet back from Ian F regarding elevated storm potential..

Ian Fergusson @fergieweather

@Arron_Poolshark feasibly yes albeit more likely across SW Peninsula

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

As i mentioned in the convective thread, just had a cracking shower here with thunder & lightning! Very happy. Posted Image

I'm just gonna chip in and mention that i wouldn't trust the the ATD lightning detector, it shows no sferics for the lightning i've just had, this happened last year, just after christmas, and part of Lychett school was hit by lightning and  section of  it burnt down.  

The radar looks very interesting, Dorset looks in prime position for a change!

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Hell yeah! There has been some great thunderstorms! I've been up since 05:00 and there are a lot of thunderstorms coming this way! It has been a very loud and flashy morning, here! Posted Image

just had a tweet back from Ian F regarding elevated storm potential..

Ian Fergusson @fergieweather

@Arron_Poolshark feasibly yes albeit more likely across SW Peninsula

Bring it on! Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Was woken up by an almighty thunderstorm at around 6:15am, it lasted a good 30 minutes or so and are theres still the odd rumble and flash now.

Looks as of theres more to come too :D

Edited by George

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Does any one know if anything is headed my way as there is a bank of dark clouds to my south and southwest now moving this way.

I am located to the very south of Wiltshire by the way.

Posted

Does any one know if anything is headed my way as there is a bank of dark clouds to my south and southwest now moving this way.

I am located to the very south of Wiltshire by the way.

morning Ben......qute likely that you'll see some action.....the storms over devon stretching into the channel look to be forming an MCS......a good chance of further storms developing flanking this system as the mid-levels continue to destabilize during the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

morning Ben......qute likely that you'll see some action.....the storms over devon stretching into the channel look to be forming an MCS......a good chance of further storms developing flanking this system as the mid-levels continue to destabilize during the day

Ok thanks! 

MCS........that sounds good.Posted Image