Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cloudy early on but then the sun came out pushing the temp to 16.6C. Currently 14.6C with some sunshine. 

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nasty and wet with persistent light rain today Posted Image

Feels slightly milder though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nice cloud formations spotted in Taunton which were sent to the county gazette... Unfortunately I didn't see this!! Posted Image

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/10677613.Readers_snap_strange_cloud_formations_over_Taunton/?ref=twtrec

Undulatus Asperatus is the given name......in this case, the photos showed stratocumulus Undulatus....

here's an interesting article.... http://www.meteorologynews.com/2009/06/06/new-cloud-type-discovered-undulus-asperatus/comment-page-1/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

0.6mm worth of drizzle today but since that has passed, the sun has made an effort to show itself post-15177-0-61534900-1371394602.gif and the temperture bolted up from 15C to 18.1C. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

sun breaking through here now as well after drizzly, manky weather for most of the day....Looking forward to the next few days though, increasingly warm getting very warm into next week.....BBQ booked for sunday, it would be rude not too! Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

A day of 3 distinct parts ...

1. Pleasant with hazy sun/cloud2. Vile with rain, drizzle and fog3. Very pleasant with warm sunshine

Unfortunately part 2 coincided with me driving over the Mendips to take my parents to Bristol Airport, if you view the NW radar between 11.30 to 12.30 I was right in the heaviest of the rain while on the highest ground and it was foggy too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

A day of 3 distinct parts ...

1. Pleasant with hazy sun/cloud

2. Vile with rain, drizzle and fog

3. Very pleasant with warm sunshine

Unfortunately part 2 coincided with me driving over the Mendips to take my parents to Bristol Airport, if you view the NW radar between 11.30 to 12.30 I was right in the heaviest of the rain while on the highest ground and it was foggy too!

Posted Image Luckily I was at work so missed the pleasure of that today Posted Image  It can get a little monotonous in autumn winter driving to and from home in bad weather and fog up there. You end up with tunnel vision and I swear I get drawn towards the lights of other cars Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dry morning. Drizzle midday. Sunny now. 16.9c.

Guest William Grimsley

It has been windy and drizzly today, here. High Wind Gust Today: 22 mph 10:28 High Wind Speed: 13 mph 12:35 High Rainfall Rate Today: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 Rainfall Last Hour: 0.0 mm Rainfall Today: 0.2 mm. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A little on the chilly side last night - down to 7.2C but nice sunny morning. 

Posted

Having looked at forecasts and models/fax charts I fear the best weather days of the next 4 will be today and Monday which is not so good for those wanting/expecting a sunny and warm weekend.

There will be a weak front ushering in the warmer air tomorrow which will bring drizzle and dullness while Sunday looks set to at least start dull and possibly damp too. Both weekend days could brighten up and if it does the afternoons will be warm, however I don't think warm sun will be widespread until Monday when the moist (even tropical) SW wind switches more to a drier Southerly.

I can see many people thinking this will be a beach weekend only to find the coasts misty and damp.

Guest William Grimsley

Having looked at forecasts and models/fax charts I fear the best weather days of the next 4 will be today and Monday which is not so good for those wanting/expecting a sunny and warm weekend.

There will be a weak front ushering in the warmer air tomorrow which will bring drizzle and dullness while Sunday looks set to at least start dull and possibly damp too. Both weekend days could brighten up and if it does the afternoons will be warm, however I don't think warm sun will be widespread until Monday when the moist (even tropical) SW wind switches more to a drier Southerly.

Yeah, I agree.

Yeah, it is looking like being a lovely start to next week. Monday: Temperature: 19°C Weather: Sunny Periods Wind: ESE 15 - 20 mph. Posted Image

I can see many people thinking this will be a beach weekend only to find the coasts misty and damp.

Yeah, it's not going to be at all a beach weekend.

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

It has been light wind and mild today, here. High Wind Gust Today: 7 mph 10:26 High Wind Speed Today: 3 mph 17:14 High Temperature Today: 17.5°C 15:55. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Moon bright start this morning at o6:10.

Turned out a sunny morning.

Now cloudy. 14.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Sunshine and cloud for much of the day and it has been generally cool.

The weekend is looking a bit poor to be honest especially considering what was forecast a few days ago.

Guest William Grimsley

The weekend is looking a bit poor to be honest especially considering what was forecast a few days ago.

Yes it is. Though, as they say "Weather forecasts are always going to be more accurate nearer the time".

Posted

still looking good here for sunday.....22C & sunny intervals forecast........bbq is most definitely still on!

Posted

Grey day. Humidity on the high side. Misty valley.18c.

Guest William Grimsley

It has been mild and breezy today, here. High Temperature: 19.2°C 16:16 High Wind Gust Today: 12 mph 09:11 High Wind Speed Today: 6 mph 09:00. :D

Posted

Been around 18c, since 13:11.. Grey and a muggy feel.. Not liked...