Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yes, it has, smoggy.  It was a bit yellow about 15 minutes ago after we'd had a rather nice, if feint, rainbow.  Very weird weather today and possibly not quite what I was expecting.  Certainly not the volume of rain and, unless the strongest winds are behind the rain band, then not so windy either.

• Like 1

Posted

Sky has got a weird pink look to it all of a sudden

Not weird at all, just a perfectly timed frontal clearance as the sun was setting so it reflected beautifully off the clearing low cloud - by far the most interesting aspect of today's weather for me!

Tomorrow will be the first day in a long time where showers will be blowing in from the Bristol Channel, the question is where will the usual streamer set itself up!? With a WNW flow I'm predicting from about Weston Super Mare towards Bath and into Wiltshire by dawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

A mix bag if a day. Lovely and sunny first thing, and a little chilly ( apparently we went down to 4 degrees last night) , then it clouded over.. But curious looking clouds which the horse and I stopped to admire on our ride out)- they did seem to show alot of instability... Then the breeze picked up but nothing really of significance.. A little bit of rain and the winds continued all afternoon. Not sure though what's in store tonight.. Would be interesting to know if those temps will drop again. 4 degrees is quite low isn't it for September?

post-2094-0-24154400-1379277469_thumb.jp

post-2094-0-65485200-1379277501_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

mostly clear and cold this morning, better than yesterdays dull day though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very chilly feeling this morning after going down to 8C with a brisk wind - feels like late October but all relative I suppose.Nice bright start with a train of cbs running by to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

A beautiful morning here! There is a chill in the air but the raindrops are sparkling and there is a feeling of relief from the trees and flowers for having a drop of the wet stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Its very chilly today, only 11.7c now with a low of 4.1c last night.... I can feel winter coming!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Its very chilly today, only 11.7c now with a low of 4.1c last night.... I can feel winter coming!!

Summer will be returning first at the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies with Cumulus dotted about, and 14C.

I'm not sure how i've missed all the showers going by the radar .. they've just faded away as they head this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Yeah, I can handle a little more summer but I have to say, its nice to feel that nip in the air again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

meteorologically speaking summer won't return until after spring now Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Breezy today. Sunny intervals between the gathering grey clouds,,,,15.5c.

Posted

Not much rain from the last shower but it really squalled things up about 10 minutes ago, had a gust of 40mph on my weather station which is actually the joint highest of the year.

Actually some large drops and the main part of the shower came afterwards and lasted a few mins dampening the ground. Had a heavier one earlier though.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

My shower streamer prediction for this morning was about 20 miles out as they moved from Minehead-Wells-Salisbury!

Showers scattered more widely now after a sunny, breezy morning.

Posted

The first heavy shower of the day has just blown through. It could well have the Rose Bowl's name on it.

edit - Yep, off they come.

Edited by jtay

Guest William Grimsley

It's been showery and windy today, here. High Wind Gust Today: 23 mph 14:03 High Wind Speed Today: 7 mph 12:24 Rainfall Today: 1.0 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 3.2 mm/hr 10:22. Note: The anemometer is sheltered from the WNW, NW, NNW, N and NNE, so reported wind speeds will be lower than actual from that direction. :D

Posted

I'm very surprised at how many not just showers but heavy showers there are in SW England, at the moment. Surprisingly, the UK CAPE Newton Poppleford: 93 j/kg which is low and the Lifted Index Newton Poppleford: 8 which is high. Posted Image

Cape and LI aren't everything when it comes to showers.

We have a LOW to the North, a strong WNW flow off the Atlantic/Bristol Channel (depending on where you are in the region) and that is a classic sunshine and showers set up.

Guest William Grimsley

Cape and LI aren't everything when it comes to showers.

We have a LOW to the North, a strong WNW flow off the Atlantic/Bristol Channel (depending on where you are in the region) and that is a classic sunshine and showers set up.

Yeah, I know but a high CAPE and a low LI do make the difference.Yeah it's a classic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A shower just skirted here, with only light rain falling. The winds went wild for a minute or two, i recorded several 30mph gusts in quick succession. There's now some incredible cloud formations and some wonderful fallstreak.  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

There's now some incredible cloud formations and some wonderful fallstreak. :clapping:

I'm seeing these lovely cloud formations as well! :) and I believe it's some cumulonimbus in the background :D

post-18937-0-51684600-1379354595_thumb.j

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 1