Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think today is the definition of boring for any weather enthusiast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yes but the radar isn't to know it's not reaching the ground!

That's a lot of rain to evaporate though!? :D

The other thing i was going to mention, i ran the radar back during all those showers that hit Cornwall, not once did it show the hail colour despite the huge amounts falling in places. The only time i see the colours come in to play is during Winter, where the radar brings the T850hPa heights in to the equation. I know it's only a guide/guess but it isn't much use really.Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Annoying, there is a hell of a lot of virga around in this rain band, at the moment. The netweather.tv rainfall radar showed a rainfall rate of 1.0 mm/hr over Ottery St Mary 15:30 which is when I was coming out of school. All that was falling was the occasional rain drop, not light rain. I absolutely hate virga.

Guest William Grimsley

In the past 45 minutes, quite a bit of light/moderate rain has developed to the NNW and is moving towards, here. Hopefully, this rain won't contain much virga. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Drizzle...Paths are wet...14.7c. Humidity 85%.

Guest William Grimsley

It is light rain at the moment, here. Rainfall Today: 0.4 mm Rainfall Last Hour: 0.4 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 1.0 mm/hr 17:59. :D

Guest William Grimsley

It is moderate rain, here. Rainfall Today: 1.2 mm Rainfall Last Hour: 0.8 mm. High Rainfall Rate Today: 2.6 mm/hr 19:19. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

It has been raining quite a bit since around 7:00pm.

Didn't think it was going to happen earlier.

Posted

6mm from yesterday's rain.

Currently 18C  and post-15177-0-52068800-1371464111.gif the occasional bit of blue sky and sunshine breaking through.

The sun has popped out and the temp is up to 19C now. :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Love that dust devil video!

5mm in Warminster which is the most in one go for quite a while, that shows how dry it's been.

Yesterday a few of us were discussing radar shown rain which wasn't reaching the ground due to evaporation, well this morning a more frequent issue occurred ; the radar showing nothing but in reality there is persistent and heavy drizzle under low cloud. I got pretty wet in my first hour working this morning!

Thankfully though it's cleared into a lovely early afternoon with warm sunny spells and it's above 20c!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy with sunshine after a misty start. 3.3mm Precipitation Yesterday . Today's fall...0.6mm.... Monthly total 10.8mm.

Posted

Nice peak in temps today when the sun came out, 21.6C here. I took my handheld thermo/hygro sensor to Swanage bay, it was a pleasant 19C by the water. :)

Guest William Grimsley

It's still not a good enough reason to visit Basingstoke though.

What do you mean?

There's quite a lot of virga and error rainfall on the Netweather.tv rainfall radar, at the moment. I'm not getting my hopes up for any rain that comes less than moderate rain that will hit, here.

Posted

What do you mean?

Doesn't matter. :)Right William. Got a challenge for you, if you'd be so kind... We're planning to go camping in Wells, Somerset next weekend.q1. Is it going to tip it down?q2. If not, which day should I book the site due to the confidence in your answer to q1?

Guest William Grimsley

Doesn't matter. Posted Image

Right William. Got a challenge for you, if you'd be so kind... We're planning to go camping in Wells, Somerset next weekend.

q1. Is it going to tip it down?

q2. If not, which day should I book the site due to the confidence in your answer to q1?

Ok. :D

I can't say for next weekend yet but for this weekend I can. This weekend it is going to only rain on Sunday.

• Like 1