Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Guest William Grimsley

I can see the anvil clearly from my back garden.....very bright echoes on radar, so torrential rain and hail likely......it's fairly quiet though at the moment on ATD, the last sferics detected over 30 mins ago, worth noting though that ATD doesn't pick up every lightning strike

I've noticed that, too. It picked up the 5 lightning strikes last night, though.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

it doesn't want to die in a hurry, as there is regeneration on it's western flank, bright echoes on radar, and the anvil is covering the whole eastern sky from my location

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

here it is approaching newbury...this photo was taken about 20 mins ago. Incidentally just noticed to the south there seems to be another anvil springing up next to this one....if that makes sense.

post-2094-0-33336500-1378578001_thumb.jp

post-2094-0-09354900-1378578310_thumb.jp

Guest William Grimsley

it doesn't want to die in a hurry, as there is regeneration on it's western flank, bright echoes on radar, and the anvil is covering the whole eastern sky from my location

The shower seems to have lost it's intesity in the past 30 minutes.

here it is approaching newbury...this photo was taken about 20 mins ago. Incidentally just noticed to the south there seems to be another anvil springing up next to this one....if that makes sense.

Nice pics, Polar Bear! :D

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

I'm hoping for some more action today as there is a thunderstorm to the S of here. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

It's cold and wet at the moment, here. It's been light rain for the past 45 minutes. Rainfall Today: 1.4 mm Rainfall Last Hour: 1.0 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 2.2 mm/hr 04:09. :D

Posted

There is some decent shower activity to the W over W Devon at the moment, here. :D

We're just about to get soaked here.Looking SW.post-7340-0-02235100-1378628344_thumb.jp

Guest William Grimsley

We're just about to get soaked here.

Looking SW.

Posted Image20130908_091411.jpg

Can't see any rain reaching the ground. But, yes it is going to rain quite a bit for you, shortly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Two reasonable showers this morning, both dropping 2mm in around 5 minutes, rain rate of 32mm/hr. 

Currently 12.5C & cloudy with the hint of some brightness. Feeling a bit nippy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

A little bit of a breeze here with sunshine and the occasional shower.

They don't look as convective as yesterday.

Guest William Grimsley

Sunshine and heavy showers, great for the garden.

That's what my mum says. Posted Image

There was just a moderate shower, here. Rainfall Today: 2.0 mm Rainfall Last Hour: 0.6 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 3.2 mm/hr 14:56. Posted Image

There was just a heavy shower, here. Rainfall Today: 3.8 mm Rainfall Last Hour: 1.8 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 14.4 mm/hr 15:57. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have had several brief but very heavy downpours this afternoon. Definitely an autumnal feeling day today with a chilly old wind.

Posted

Great pic. Definite sunshine and showers!

Thank you. Here's the other side of it.Sat in the rain under the fishing brolly, beer in hand. Magic.post-7340-0-11336700-1378660786_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Guest William Grimsley

Thank you. Here's the other side of it.

Sat in the rain under the fishing brolly, beer in hand. Magic.

Posted Image20130908_180813.jpg

Nice photo, jtay! The photo shows the rain drops very well! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Very good.... thanks for posting.

Is that the sound of a gravy train exclusive to governments and 'climate change' scientists I hear coming to an abrupt halt?? The climate is changing, its getting colder!! I wonder if I can dream up a way to blame carbon dioxide for the world getting colder and also make millions from it??

• Like 2

Posted

Quite an area of rain moving slowly around the LOW into the West Country now, I expect it'll break up somewhat overnight but I think the knock on effect will be a far cloudier day generally tomorrow for most of our region with showery rain/drizzle rather than sunshine and showers.

Guest William Grimsley

Quite an area of rain moving slowly around the LOW into the West Country now, I expect it'll break up somewhat overnight but I think the knock on effect will be a far cloudier day generally tomorrow for most of our region with showery rain/drizzle rather than sunshine and showers.

I think you're quite correct, there. That rain is very light and is not making much progress towards, here. Nothing much to get excited about, either. A very cloudy and uneventful day, tomorrow.