Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

as mentioned by other members, a chilly night last night, temps now rapidly on the climb as the still strong sunshine burns away low cloud.....modelling still shows a late gasp of summer for monday through thursday especially for central & eastern parts of our region with temps climbing into the high 70's although modelling does then develop a cut off low pressure in Biscay which would turn things unsettled as we move into the latter part of the week with outbreaks of showery rain (potentially thundery) with a marked drop off in temps (although humidity would be high)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Low of 8.9c. at 05:45 this morning.. Now sunny intervals and reading 19.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Noticed a chill in the air last night. I haven't been around much, I am not into this summer thing that much, bored of it now!! Looking forward to winter!! Bring it on!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I don't know about anyone else but here today has been the first day that has actually looked and felt like a more Autumnal one.

Probably because it hasn't reached 20C and there is quite a noticeable cool breeze along with milky looking skys.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

If some of these LRF's I have heard come to pass, I feel there may be a few disappointed people this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hi paul. Can you please update your location in your profile to reflect your new settlement in the South West and Central Southern area of England. Posted Image As for my sarcasm, certain folk will confirm that I am an occasional urine taker. Wherever, you reside, you're all welcome, what's the weather doing in Yorkshire? Pretty nondescript here but at least its dry. My day started with a minimum of 7.2c  

I am originally from Portsmouth and was not aware that you cannot comment on other threads...Posted Image More exciting down there. Its currently Grey cold and windy. Apparently its 16c outside.

Hi paul. Can you please update your location in your profile to reflect your new settlement in the South West and Central Southern area of England. Posted Image As for my sarcasm, certain folk will confirm 16c outside.

Edited by paul m
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

If some of these LRF's I have heard come to pass, I feel there may be a few disappointed people this winter.

yep, no 90F heat in the middle of winter when you want it... Posted Image

IMO, looking at LRF's at this juncture for the winter ahead is like trying to tell your own future by analyzing tea leaves!

Posted

yep, no 90F heat in the middle of winter when you want it... Posted Image

IMO, looking at LRF's at this juncture for the winter ahead is like trying to tell your own future by analyzing tea leaves!

Off course they are. We all know some take them to heart a little more than they should be taken though. :)

Anyway, still struggling for any reasonable signs of proper Autumnal weather here, let alone winter.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Off course they are. We all know some take them to heart a little more than they should be taken though. Posted Image

Anyway, still struggling for any reasonable signs of proper Autumnal weather here, let alone winter yet.

mind you, if any LRF's were showing several 'beasts from the easts' and uber channel low's, then I'd be taking them for granted with 100% verification stats!.... Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

No point in putting up a map for tomorrow.

Sunny skies and feeling pleasent for all.

Enjoy the sunshine!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

A sunset from me too.

post-8165-0-81582700-1378069428_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted

I know at least one member in this region particularly who'd be pleased if this turned out to be correct!!

Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

I know at least one member in this region particularly who'd be pleased if this turned out to be correct!!

Posted Image

That's me! :D

Posted

And me Posted Image

Well keep an eye out for signs then and we'll have a look closer the time in the convective thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The idea of thunderstorms has decreased rapidly but the threat of heavy rain over the weekend is there, it could amost be a repeat of a couple of weeks ago when parts of the South East got deluged. The UKMO shows the developing shortwave on Saturday, splitting in to two smaller areas of low pressure, that would bring heavy rain to Southern and Eastern areas as it stands now. The high pressure out to the East, across Scandinavia and Eastern Europe is progged at around 1025mb, while it's moderate, there's room for maneuver if any low pressure gets squeezed that way by the Azores high. 

At least Summer continues this week,  nowhere near feeling Autumnal down here, the weekend was top-notch, hitting 20.3C on Saturday and 21.6C yesterday. Currently it's 19C and post-15177-0-90283600-1371639750.gif

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Funny sort of sunny day today - 90% of the sky is covered in cloud....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Its nice here again though I must admit with there probably not being any thundery weather at the end of the week I really wan't it to start becoming more autumnal with plenty of wet and very windy weather.

At least then we would have some more interesting weather!