IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted

Thanks for that, JP...Posted Image

I've always wondered what the Good Housekeeping magazine is for...Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

heres to model confusion again in about 10 days time

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/115121.shtml?basin?large#contents

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/09/05/swarms-of-angry-killer-asian-hornets-heading-to-britain/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D206503

"They then pursued two passers-by and two Dutch tourists on bikes." Yikes they can also ride bikes ??? :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Horrid journey. lorry fire on the M11 had held me up. its baking out here. possibly the worst thing to happen on a hot day :(

Posted

Not sure if it's because I have now come aclimatised to this heat after such a long hot summer, but I have to say, it's actually feeling very pleasant outside this afternoon.  If these temperatures were forecast at the beginning of the Summer, I think I would have (and indeed, did voice it at the time) looked upon those types of temperatures with dread!

Also, because we are now in autumn, I am finding that the evenings are much cooler than they would have felt in the height of summer?

• Like 3

Posted

afternoon all

very warm out there today .had a nice long walk to day so has worked out well,

Not sure if it's because I have now come aclimatised to this heat after such a long hot summer, but I have to say, it's actually feeling very pleasant outside this afternoon.  If these temperatures were forecast at the beginning of the Summer, I think I would have (and indeed, did voice it at the time) looked upon those types of temperatures with dread!

Also, because we are now in autumn, I am finding that the evenings are much cooler than they would have felt in the height of summer?

i know just whot u mean ,would hated this temp at the start of summer,but now no problem,tomo could be a shock to the system we shall see.

Edited by RUSH
  • Like 1

Posted

tomorrow

probably no need to explain these above

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Miserable attitude. This weather is absolutely beautiful and I hope we get more this month. Frosts/cold etc can stay away til November as far as I'm concerned. Could do with some rain though. Maybe storms tomorrow? Posted Image

Miserable attitude. This weather is absolutely beautiful and I hope we get more this month. Frosts/cold etc can stay away til November as far as I'm concerned. Could do with some rain though. Maybe storms tomorrow? Posted Image

if you were working in this discusting heat, we'd soon see who was the miserable one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Play Nice chaps, please!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/09/05/swarms-of-angry-killer-asian-hornets-heading-to-britain/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D206503

"They then pursued two passers-by and two Dutch tourists on bikes." Yikes they can also ride bikes ??? Posted Image

That literally made me laugh so loud im glad nobody is around to hear me laugh like a complete nut bag!

The wasps this year are incredibly annoying, they let themselves into my house and disapear into the cat food pouches! You get quite a shock when one of them flys out at you, they are a very weird colour this year as well they seem to have a darker yellow than usual almost like a mustard colour. I just wish the wasps in the Uk were as tolerant as the wasps I have encountered else were like in Greece the wasps were 10x more abundent but they were very docile and you could swat them away with no problem and out of the 7 people we went there with none of us got stung, also Praying Mantids were quite abundent. Maybe because the area was sparsly populated and there was plenty of food? Also in Florida there were loads Bald Faced Hornets but they never seemed to interact with humans, they just stayed up in the fruit trees.  I dont mind insects just as long as they keep to themselves, the european wasps tend to invade your personal space.

Back to the weather, its hot 29c at the moment clear blue skies and the works.

I woke up about 7ish this morning to a brilliantly white bedroom, almost like the days you would wake up to fresh snowfall. It was soo foggy that I could hardly see to the end of my garden it was crazy! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Northolt was at 28.5c as of 15:00 according to the met office

Heathrow is the hottest place as of 15:00 at 28.8c

Unofficially 29c has been hit at, London City Airport, Northolt and a few other locations across London and the SE

• Like 1

Posted

Northolt was at 28.5c as of 15:00 according to the met office

Heathrow is the hottest place as of 15:00 at 28.8c

Unofficially 29c has been hit at, London City Airport, Northolt and a few other locations across London and the SE

Last of the Summer sun???!!!! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon peeps.

Stonking day again  (after the foggy start anyway), not as warm as this time yesterday though, still will shortly make a stroll to the local shoppe anyway as tomorrow looks cooler and damper than I have become accustomed to.

Not actually looked at the LRF nor the model output for a while so what comes next is a suprise for me.

• Like 1

Posted

Not actually looked at the LRF nor the model output for a while so what comes next is a suprise for me.

more weather

• Like 2

Posted

more weather

Not clicked it (yet)

Posted

Not clicked it (yet)

Posted Image Don't.....

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image Don't.....

OK Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

made to kilburn at long last. sunny intervals and.hot

• Like 1