Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on with all your weather related musings and banter here

Old thread here -------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77568-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-13th-august-2013/page-36

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

awful day, persistent light-moderate rain, it is brightening up a little now

Posted

According to the radar abit of a streamer has established. think this part of essex will see some flooding after that lot has gone through

Unbelievable rain here in Rayleigh - 14mm in the last 15 mins!!

Posted

The dead calm and blanket grey cloud of the last 12 or so hours are now giving way to turbulent looking skies and the wind has picked up quite noticeably in this neck of the woods. Its been raining more or less non-stop for several hours, mostly light rain until now but conditions seem to be changing fairly rapidly.

Posted

Brightening up here in Surbiton, but Jeff Stelling says the pitch at Fulham is becoming waterlogged in 'monsoon conditions' - what a difference a few miles makes.

In other news, took the French Bulldog out for his first walk after my return from holiday and he jumped in the local pond: heart attack for me and son, as they're not supposed to be able to swim with such big heavy heads - he just swam straight back out again, phew!

• Like 4

Posted

That radar confirms exactly what I am currently seeing here Surrey. Clouds rapidly forming and moving in a northwest to south east direction. Game on ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

In addition to the Essex streamer mentioned above, there's some great anticlockwise movement of the clouds around the low - with its centre over the Thames Estuary currently. Text book stuff!

Shows up quite well here: http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Definitely one for anyone in the early stages of studying Meteorology.

(Or am I getting a bit carried away over something a bit unimpressive?!)

Anyway, just a few miles across the Thames Estuary from the heavy stuff falling over Essex, no precipitation whatsoever here at the moment. Clear gap over NW Kent:

post-20598-0-75240200-1377346030_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

Unbelievable rain here in Rayleigh - 14mm in the last 15 mins!!

Wow. That's quite an impressive rate.

Just to the south of you, on the other side of the estuary, not a drop of rain falling now, and all the paths and roads have dried up. Amazing the difference a few miles can make.

Posted

In addition to the Essex streamer mentioned above, there's some great anticlockwise movement of the clouds around the low - with its centre over the Thames Estuary currently. Text book stuff!

Anyway, just a few miles across the Thames Estuary from the heavy stuff falling over Essex, no precipitation whatsoever here at the moment. Clear gap over NW Kent:

Posted ImageRadar_1245_24082013.png

Hmm, that screen grab suggests I may be a bit premature opting for the 'walk to Kingston along the river' option, looks like we're in a small gap here too, and clouds now appearing in the distance seem to confirm this. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Watching the radar,seems to be rotating overhead here.......just as i type,the cats come steaming in through the catflap and they hate rain,hopefully game time now!

• Like 1

Posted

Hmm, that screen grab suggests I may be a bit premature opting for the 'walk to Kingston along the river' option, looks like we're in a small gap here too, and clouds now appearing in the distance seem to confirm this. 

Love that walk. Used to do it a lot when a friend of mine lived in Kingston. But, yep, looking at the radar animation I reckon it could get a bit soggy this afternoon!

• Like 1

Posted

I had no landline or broadband for about 3 hours this morning and just as it came back the heavy rain started so I lost my sky satellite signal!!! 

Edited by Callie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well yesterday we saw rain to the west of us for much of the day and seemed to become lighter and break up as it got closer. It began raining at 4am for a few hours, before clearing away by 10am. Dry now with low cloud persisting, heavy rain sliding southwards to the east of us! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Posted ImageRadar_1245_24082013.png

Yes, great radar grab that. Would expect heaviest rain eventually to migrate south and east of London, as the shallow low starts to transfer towards the Belgian/French border, in line with ppn forecasts and dying out eventually but perhaps not until the early hours of Sunday morning.

A little brighter now in Croydon, after earlier rain but would expect more rain later, in accordance with above.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 2