Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 23rd August onwards 2013

Guest William Grimsley

The N part of the rain band moving NE to SW has just hit a convection pocket. That's a good sign. The rain band is just starting to move into Somerset and will shortly move into Devon at around 12:00. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The N part of the rain band moving NE to SW has just hit a convection pocket. That's a good sign. The rain band is just starting to move into Somerset and will shortly move into Devon at around 12:00. Posted Image

Would I be correct in thinking that you have quite a passion for thunderstorms, William?. If so, keep up the enthusiasm!Posted Image

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

Would I be correct in thinking that you have quite a passion for thunderstorms, William?. If so, keep up the enthusiasm!Posted Image

I used to heat thunderstorm but I quite like them now but I don't love them as such.. Thanks though! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Some clouds with reasonable top heights have been lurking around my area for the last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Some rather small but sharp showers are forming in my area, Just went for a drive and they do have those stormy pop-corn tops to them. Can't see them breaking out into anything thundery though.

Guest William Grimsley

Some rather small but sharp showers are forming in my area, Just went for a drive and they do have those stormy pop-corn tops to them. Can't see them breaking out into anything thundery though.

Would love to see that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Just typical for around here - miss all the decent thunderstorms a few weeks ago and then when I'm trying to work in the garden - we get one of the heaviest showers in the country and I get soaked.

Nothing thundery tho, shame as they look quite threatening.

We always get annoying rain Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Just typical for around here - miss all the decent thunderstorms a few weeks ago and then when I'm trying to work in the garden - we get one of the heaviest showers in the country and I get soaked.

Nothing thundery tho, shame as they look quite threatening.

We always get annoying rain Posted Image

Always the case. When you're away from home, the showers hit home. When you're at home, the showers hit somewhere else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Always the case. When you're away from home, the showers hit home. When you're at home, the showers hit somewhere else.

No this is Leighton Buzzard. You don't get storms, regardless of whether you are home or away Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

No this is Leighton Buzzard. You don't get storms, regardless of whether you are home or away Posted Image

What a shame. :rofl:

Posted

What a shame. Posted Image

It's an extension of the Triangle...I know; I was born and raised in Bletchley!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Far from home, but look at the size of that multicellular complex that has broke out in Morocco!! Its the size of England Posted Image !!

http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true&co=false&ra=false&li=true 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A convergence zone looks possible tomorrow over the South Coast and down into the South West.

With some ML CAPE and DLS, it's possible that some thundery activity could develop here.

Something to watch for.

Guest William Grimsley

A convergence zone looks possible tomorrow over the South Coast and down into the South West.With some ML CAPE and DLS, it's possible that some thundery activity could develop here.Something to watch for.

Looking forward to this I tell you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

What a change it was from this morning to the afternoon!

I am suprised to see a load of dark clouds moving in from the northeast.

Guest William Grimsley

What a change it was from this morning to the afternoon!

I am suprised to see a load of dark clouds moving in from the northeast.

Those are old shower clouds.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, August 26, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, August 26, 2013 - No reason given

Chillout William please. Quoting 1 line remarks on most posts all the time ?  Oh And every post in the SW Thread please,?There's no need.

Input is great here dont get me wrong but if your looking at 5min intervals on netweather 'extra' radar take as it comes.

Unless i'm missing somthing major thats going on???

I was a Mod btw on another forum.

Posted

Chillout William please. Quoting 1 line remarks on most posts all the time ?  Oh And every post in the SW Thread please,?There's no need.

Input is great here dont get me wrong but if your looking at 5min intervals on netweather 'extra' radar take as it comes.

But not on this one...

• Like 1
Guest William Grimsley

Wrong, wrong, wrong. To be honest, if you can't put up with what I'm doing then get off this forum, ok? What I'm doing is perfectly acceptable.

Guest William Grimsley

May aswell start today's discussion. Could well see some showers for the coasts of Devon, today. I'm nearly on the coast, so I'm in for a chance. Maybe some thunderstorms, too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Theres a few cumulus congestus clouds building up around me which are developing dark bases.

They have that hazy look and I wouldn't be suprised to see some areas having some showers this evening. Whether they will be thundery or not is another story.