Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 23rd August onwards 2013

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Bit of a whoops of a forecast so far today. Bang on last night though. Perhaps a bit of sunshine will get things moving again. Otherwise radar wise everything fizzling quietly out right now. Today's warning at present is looking a bit silly time will tell if it's right.

• Like 1

Posted

Brilliant capture, Craigers. well done and thanks for sharing such a great photo. Posted Image

Thank you Keraunophile. Always happy to share on here :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

its gone very gloomy and humid here the clouds seem to be circulating around the tees valley i saw this a few years ago and we had a hell of a storm, fingers crossed

Posted

Looks to be getting a little stormier here. The picture doesn't do it justice. Looks really thundery. Heavier precip seems to be developing to my west on radar. Fingers crossed it goes bangggg :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Theres a distinct line developing from york to MK's way,keep an eye on it guys.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Some good looking developing stuff over Belgium at the moment, hopefully that will cross over to us and intensify as it does(wishful!). Meanwhile across the SE/EA, showers developing moving generally NW, but at a snails pace and are all over the place!

Watching F1 qually and rain is expected there. Things getting brighter in Dewsbury, Fuel for the fire maybe?

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Been tipping it down in MK for the last 45mins, seems like a line of convergence forming, sky keeps going very dark & stormy looking, no lightning or thunder heard only a matter of time i reckon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some cells now kicking off around the SE Midlands and across East Yorkshire. Looks like a line is forming and I expect showers may well now develop between the two. Maybe some wind convergence is causing this. 

Si beat me too it, but yes watch that line - could be some sparks of this.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

my last post i mentioned something was gunna go bang i havent seen any lightning but i can hear thunder, looking at the radar that cell thats popped up over darlington im sure is in that line people are mentiong on here from york to mk

Posted

my last post i mentioned something was gunna go bang i havent seen any lightning but i can hear thunder, looking at the radar that cell thats popped up over darlington im sure is in that line people are mentiong on here from york to mk

Yes,sorry i missed darlo out as i was zoomed in on the radar at that time i posted lol!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the action is too far east for me today, had a few flashes and rumbles last night though, kept me entertained so i cant complain!

Good luck today folks im off to the football! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

towers going up around Borough and just drove through some pretty big drops of rain too. Definitely something brewing I reckon. Look at Coningsby, 21c and with a flow off the N Sea too!! A definite convergence zone from Yorkshire down to Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire.

Watching F1 qually and rain is expected there. Things getting brighter in Dewsbury, Fuel for the fire maybe?

I definitely think so mate, still under a humid, close airmass too, very thick feeling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well the local bbc got the forecast wrong for here. They forecast heavy rain apart from last night when we got abit of rain and today so far it's been dry.

Guest William Grimsley

well the local bbc got the forecast wrong for here. They forecast heavy rain apart from last night when we got abit of rain and today so far it's been dry.

That's the BBC for you, they most of the time go OTT. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Lincolnshire to London, there is a convergence line developing rapidly now giving some torrential rain, went out chasing for a bit, back home now to realise it was heading straight for my house! 

Posted

Someone along that convergence line is going to get a real pasting from rain as it's not hardly moving at all,here's hoping it peps up a bit and get some electric from itPosted Image

Posted

Have been posting in the SE Forum this afternoon - 78.3mm of rain so far in Rayleigh today & South Essex is turning into one huge flooded mess...  Not one clap of thunder though :(

Posted

Someone along that convergence line is going to get a real pasting from rain as it's not hardly moving at all,here's hoping it peps up a bit and get some electric from itPosted Image

Hopefully. It really does look like it will thunder, had some real heavy rain about 5 mins ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Raining here, convergence zone pretty much right above me. Will anything electrify? Well, we'll see, but I'm not  hopeful. Cape levels here are not significant. Better for East Anglia and Kent. Tomas Schafernaker did make a mention of Lincolnshire though.

Edited by cheese