Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 23rd August onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

And so it begins..... looks like the NE folks are in for a thundery good time again! If only it would happen to some of us folks that have missed out this year. Oh well, carry on here and let's hope we all strike lucky this time.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Rain heavy here now with more thunder and lightning. Best storm here for years but to be honest it does not have a lot to compete with.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I would have to say that if a thunderstorm of that intensity can develop in the NE then myself and the online charts may have been wrong and the BBC correct. Would be great if this was the case. The evidence is there, as those in the NE can testify too.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just had a brief downpour here. Looking at the skies it looks like something has developed to my east (again). Should be on next radar grab.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very thundery looking here and more so than last night. Feeling very tropical too I must say. 

Extremely surprised that we didn't even get the thin yellow line from Estofex today, no warnings from skywarn either. I think its going to get better before it gets worse tbh.

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Its feeling a tad stormy here in Ipswich right now. Its been very warm and close all day and sunny. But sun gone now and sky is very grey ish. My fingers and toes are crossed.

Good luck everyone. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Didn't get chance to post my video last night as I have no idea how to get Youtube uploader to work.

Caught a few flashes on video while out on a run, there was loads of sheet and fork lighting coming in from all direction. Unfortunately my phone kept loosing focus so this is the best of a blurry bunch! :)

View My Video

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frightning Lightning !!

Just had a good storm pass through roughly 30 mins ago ....plenty of C-C lightning.

Best storm Ive seen in a fair while and possibly the best for the last two years.

Posted

Blizzards, on 23 Aug 2013 - 13:19, said:Posted Image

Very funny but Im sorry, there is nothing that shows me there will be Thunder. You will 90% be likely disappointed.  Very isolated rumbles I wont exclude but it seems some like yourself are expecting proper storms. Its not happening.

I smell egg  Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

yep another just east of harrogate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Looks like another '2nd August style' let-down in the south again. Still haven't heard any thunder this August. Not very impressed with summer 2013 for thunder - looks like the usual locations get all the fun again.

Can't even say summer 2013 is driest on record now as the non-thundery rain yesterday morning (10.5 mm) upped the summer total to 61.9 mm exceeding the driest year, 1976 (52.8 mm).

This part of S.E. misses everything - bet something exciting will happen during the 5 days I am away in September though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Looks like another '2nd August style' let-down in the south again. Still haven't heard any thunder this August. Not very impressed with summer 2013 for thunder - looks like the usual locations get all the fun again.

Can't even say summer 2013 is driest on record now as the non-thundery rain yesterday morning (10.5 mm) upped the summer total to 61.9 mm exceeding the driest year, 1976 (52.8 mm).

This part of S.E. misses everything - bet something exciting will happen during the 5 days I am away in September though.

But it's still way too early yet! Posted Image

Posted

Im up in the Midlands, we do seem to have had a few more storms that most this year, however they all seem to pass either 5 miles west or 5 miles east of me! Posted Image

Its just pot luck i suppose 

Posted

Looks like another '2nd August style' let-down in the south again. Still haven't heard any thunder this August. Not very impressed with summer 2013 for thunder - looks like the usual locations get all the fun again.Can't even say summer 2013 is driest on record now as the non-thundery rain yesterday morning (10.5 mm) upped the summer total to 61.9 mm exceeding the driest year, 1976 (52.8 mm).This part of S.E. misses everything - bet something exciting will happen during the 5 days I am away in September though.

I agree, the hot spot for storms now seems to be north east england, more especially towards the coast. Used to be the likes of Kent, Cornwall  with those big imports from france/biscay..

Clouds starting to bubble overhead now, this looks promising!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Massively oppressive here and humid.  Sky looks threatening but not much on the radar other than rain though atm.  Think all tonights fun will be east of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Looks like us in west yorkshire waiting for a storm might not have too long to wait. Keep an eye on that blob just south of manchester Posted Image

I'm just finishing work and the skies look threatening to the west - let's wait and see. There is an area of PPN developing around Bradford.

• Like 1

Can't see the point in spleen venting in convective/storm discussion lol..it's the UK not Florida?

People of Yorkshire will be shaking their heads with disbelief :) and yes, too early to write off Summer yet, considering Autumn can provide the goods. Sometimes more so...

Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Blizzards, on 23 Aug 2013 - 13:19, said:Posted Image

I smell egg  Posted Image

Opp North. A bit more than I expected but still dont expect anything down south over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

We've got the usual case of rain on the radar but nothing actually falling scenario again here.