Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

September forecasts -- 2013 C.E.T. Competition

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

13.9 to the 25th + 0.1 anomoly.

Min today of 11.9 and max likely around 17.0 Should keep the average  at 13.9.

Met forecasts for 5 days give.

26th 13.9 (14.5)

27th 14.0 (14.8 )

28th 14.0 (14.4)

29th 14.0 (14.6)

30th 14.0 (14.6)

Although that last14.0  is very close to 14.1. Most likely then the pre-correction result will be 14.0 - 14.1.

post corrections we are looking at 13.7-14.1.

Edited by SomeLikeItHot
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Sunny Sheffield still at 13.3C with cooler nights on the cards for the next few days it shouldn't shift much. Possible slight downward pressure on the value actually.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

up-to 14.0c to the 26th 0.2c above average

Hmm despite getting the daily amount right on (14.5) I went under on the average although only by 0.02 if I look at the next decimal place.Doesn't change that much however. With a min of 11.5 and a max today of around 18.5 Met forecasts see the next few days as27th 14.0 (15.0)28th 14.0 (14.6)29th 14.0 (14.4)30th 14.0 (14.3)Although as yesterday I note that the 30th will be very close to going to 14.1.Again 13.7 - 14.1 remains the likely final after corrections range.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

You may all call me the oracle, such is my wisdom.

Shame a cool month has been stolen from us.

• Like 2

Posted

Sunny Sheffield still on 13.3C depending on overnight temps it may go up a notch tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

You may all call me the oracle, such is my wisdom.Shame a cool month has been stolen from us.

I feel your pain mate.  I just hope we don't have to wait as long as we did in between March 2006 and July 2007 for the next cool month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I feel your pain mate. I just hope we don't have to wait as long as we did in between March 2006 and July 2007 for the next cool month.

The thought of it makes me cringe.I shouldn't have got my hopes up for a potentially sub 13C September, now I'm left feeling very disappointed. :( Edited by 22nov10blast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why does anyone want a cold, grey and miserable September? Surely it's preferably for cold months to occur during wintertime?Posted Image Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Why does anyone want a cold, grey and miserable September? Surely it's preferably for cold months to occur during wintertime?Posted ImagePosted Image

I'll take a cold month anytime of year. After months of heat down here I needed something substantially cooler.

As you said though, if it were up to me then I would rather the Winter months be significantly below average.

Edited by 22nov10blast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

Why does anyone want a cold, grey and miserable September? Surely it's preferably for cold months to occur during wintertime?Posted Image Posted Image 

A cold September doesn't necessarily equal grey and miserable weather.  September 2012 cold weather was mostly accompanied by sunshine and showers and the very cold September 1986 was very dry and very sunny throughout.

Edited by Craig Evans
  • Like 1

Posted

Sunny Sheffield now nudged 3.4C -0.3C so close enough to average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

0.25c below the average at Durham provisionally, with two days to go, so a very average month likely.

First 10 days here averaged 13.95c (+0.85c)

Middle 10 days averaged 11.15c (-1.95c)

Last 8 days averaged 13.55c (+0.45c)

Posted

14.1 to the 29th,

Minimum today of 11.1 and max around 18.0 so it looks like it will stay on 14.1 tomorrow.

SO we are looking at 13.7 to 14.0 as the final range once we have corrections. It could of course stay at 14.1 if the correction is very near zero (like in Aug), but as the 14.1 looks to be a low one (probably 14.07) I will be surprised to not see at least some downward move.

Posted

Sunny Sheffield back down to 13.3C after a cooler night than forecast. Should be final figure unless the Davis has seriously got the max out by a long way today.

Posted

Sunny Sheffield back down to 13.3C after a cooler night than forecast. Should be final figure unless the Davis has seriously got the max out by a long way today.

Well I was in Sheffield for the first time on the weekend and I can confirm it is as Sunny as you always say :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

EDIT: I'm looking at the August dataPosted Image!

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

0.9c away,  I must try harder lol 

Edited by Mark N