Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Andorra snow

Posted

Sorry for putting this here, i am happy for it to be moved if needed. Just wondering if any of you have been skiing in Andorra and if so whats it like? Do the pists compare with that of the alps, im thinking of going there as it is a cheaper option. I believe the pyrenees has higher average snow totals than the alps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Have skied in Andorra and it was great, very comparable with the alps. Snow is pretty realiable (will always be some) and can be fantastic in good conditions. The pistes are very well maintained........ certainly worth a trip.

I skied Bulgaria in February, very cheap (£1350 all in for two of us). The pistes are not quite as well maintained, but the snow was good and it is very good value for money, though is a little more hit and miss than alps / pyrenees.

Posted

Have skied in Andorra and it was great, very comparable with the alps. Snow is pretty realiable (will always be some) and can be fantastic in good conditions. The pistes are very well maintained........ certainly worth a trip. I skied Bulgaria in February, very cheap (£1350 all in for two of us). The pistes are not quite as well maintained, but the snow was good and it is very good value for money, though is a little more hit and miss than alps / pyrenees.

thankyou, i will pm you

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, snow, and cold snowy snow

I skied in Andorra (Pas de la Casa) this year at the end of March and is the 7th time I have been there in the last 15 years.  There is always snow there and the lifts are always open when possible, but as the resort is so ridiculously high, it does take a few days to acclimatise properly.  Snow condition is always really very good indeed but if I was returning to Andorra again, I would go to Soldeu (Sol-day-oh) as you have the opportunity to ski the Grand Valeria (three peaks) anyway, and the resort itself is much nicer....but maybe I only think that because I'm an old git in my 40's now!!!!