Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

OK, here's what tomorrow has in store according to those NMM precip rate charts animated until 17z:

Posted Image

If some of us haven't floated away by then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just catching up with things and it certainly looks like there might have to be a 'rain check' on some activities this bank holiday weekend - hope you all have a good one whatever you end up doing....

post-10773-0-62980500-1377267055_thumb.j

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Portsmouth & Isle of Wight.

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock.

Outbreaks of rain affecting parts of England and northeast Wales during Saturday are likely to be heavy in places, with the risk of torrential thundery downpours, lightning and local accumulations in excess of 40 mm within just a few hours. The highest probability of heavy rain is considered to be towards the east and southeast of England.

The public should be aware of possible localised surface water flooding where this occurs, as well as some disruption in general to summer outdoor activities.

Issued at:

1221 on Fri 23 Aug 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 24 Aug 2013

Valid to:

2300 on Sat 24 Aug 2013

A frontal zone stalling over central and eastern Britain will produce spells of thundery rain or showers at times through Saturday. Exactly where the heaviest rain occurs remains somewhat uncertain, but with the focus probably towards the south and east of the area shown, whilst northern and western parts of the region may improve later on Saturday. As in many thundery situations, there will be a great deal of variation in rainfall over small distances, with some areas inevitably escaping the heaviest of the rainfall.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?from=rss&regionName=se&sn=37958EA9-F884-4337-A498-A53A3F4E494F_3_SE&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1377298800

• Like 1

Posted

Also looks horrendous across Essex London and Herts!

Might get wet at football tomorrow afternoon then

Posted

Just call it water polo! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Maybe a game of water polo instead ? 

It's a very cool 25c here this afternoon - I'm feeling quite chilly after the 30's and 40 degrees of the last week Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I am driving to brandon at 6am tomorrow

That should be fun

Just a point re storms

When the low hits the south east there will be a situation

Where the windflow will pul moisture from the cooler north sea

Mixing with the warmer air to the west of it so storms are possible

I am concerned re flash flooding and also the volume expected

Over a 4-5 hour period

Radar watch later for sure

I can see why the forecasters are concerned

Thanks for the charts coast as it backs up the fax chart

• Like 2

Posted

GFS pretty much in line with NMM for duration and location tonight, just down on intensity:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can see why the forecasters are concerned Thanks for the charts coast as it backs up the fax chart

No worries John, or should I say lots of them! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Rain Alarm just gorn orf. A small Squall line forming just to the SW of me / London ?? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Looks like that squall will pass through here in the next half hour. Wind has picked up slightly but still very humid.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Hmmm, I think I might take Trucky to the show tomorrow rather than Vinnie the Vito, don't want to be bogged down on the show ground :D  And Trucky has a towbar, I might make some money towing off other less fortunate souls hehe :D

• Like 4

Posted

Hmmm, I think I might take Trucky to the show tomorrow rather than Vinnie the Vito, don't want to be bogged down on the show ground Posted Image  And Trucky has a towbar, I might make some money towing off other less fortunate souls hehe Posted Image

Liking the thinking there NS, always room for a bit of entrepreneurial spirit (all in the name of charity and helping out of course! :winky: )

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Liking the thinking there NS, always room for a bit of entrepreneurial spirit (all in the name of charity and helping out of course! Posted Image )

Perhaps the tractor mght be more appropriate? Mind you, I'll have to leave at about 4am just to make the start of judging :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just saw a young lady in a very thin dress, made almost entirely transparent by the sun...I didn't even need to borrow The Captain's X-Ray specs!Posted Image

PS: The dress was made transparent -  not the lady...Posted Image 

Posted

Looks like that squall will pass through here in the next half hour. Wind has picked up slightly but still very humid.

Yep seems to have become deffo more humid here, but no breeze atm here at Coney Hall Weather :).

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just saw a young lady in a very thin dress, made almost entirely transparent by the sun...I didn't even need to borrow The Captain's X-Ray specs!Posted Image

PS: The dress was made transparent -  not the lady...Posted Image 

Oooh la la, she better have been brunette, curvaceous figure and a splitting image of Kelly Brooke or I'm not interested :)

Posted

BTW a quick mention bout the rain a couple of days ago, it mustve had had a fair bit of dust or sand in it cos my black car was peppered with dust.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The radar said its raining but I just went out and theres absolutly nothing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Oooh la la, she better have been brunette, curvaceous figure and a splitting image of Kelly Brooke or I'm not interested :)

oh yeah. if danny cipriani doesnt want her im sure i would be happy to step in ;) in lowestoft now. out in the garden. two of the neighbours cats have already been on my lap :)weather is sunnier here than yarmouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

The radar said its raining but I just went out and theres absolutly nothing?

Evapourating before it reaches the ground at the moment #virga
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

And on cue for the family BBQ we have rain. Mind you, the BBQ is on Sunday which so far hasn't got any rain forecast for us and temps of about 23.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Coast and John Pike -thank you both Posted ImagePosted Image -  I really appreciate your updates.

It may be too early to confirm yet..... but will this prolonged heavy rain currently predicted for Eastbourne also extend 34miles north-west up the A22 towards East Grinstead?

Given current dry ground conditions , my house is at serious risk of flash flooding from surface water runoff from the Ashdown Forest. The only time it has flooded before was when 55mm of rain fell in 45 mins on 20/07/07 with similar dry ground conditions.

A predicted 4-6hours at 25mm/hr Posted Image means it could overtop recently installed flood defences of 60cm so I would need to take additional preventative action tonight Posted Image

I'll be coming back to this thread throughout the evening/tomorrow....meanwhile the guinea pigs are searching out their water-wings and I'm off to the shop to stock up on booze and fags   going to be installing additional flood defences up to 1.0m and putting all the valuable upstairs Posted Image

xxx

Posted

afternoon all

a humid 23c in kt3 this afternoon .looks like a little bit of wet stuff is on the way in a few mins just about to go and pick sum berries with my youngest son ,dont think there will much rain at the mo but tonight and sat look very intresting 1 to keep an eye onPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image ohh no i think iam slipping in to 1 of them moods .must be the heatPosted Image sry.......i think i neeed a cup of tea and cake .hope every 1 had a goood poets dayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Posted

wow

just had a flood alert from the environment  agency for the beverly brooke catchment area,not had 1 of those in a will,saying that 9 times out 10 nafff allll happens but nice to now that iam still on the list ,.The reason i got that call is because iam senior warehouseman at tesco new malden ,after the floods of july 2007(in the yard the water was wasit height when beverley brook burst its bankss)so i got lumberd.takecare every 1......Posted Image

Edited by RUSH