Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

afternoooon alll

rain stoped ,quiet warm and a bit humid ,but thats  ok still got the work done in the garden ,the rain was warm so did not mind ,now ive got to finnishs off the garden ,bugger,wanted to let the rest of the day slip by But i cant lol.and to top it off ive got to go to work for 3 hours on poets day not right sumfing wrong there....Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

I think your call is right, as it looks currently like less rain on Sunday - do you have a village hall?? Posted Image

No, but I have now added to my many purchases a Gazebo (with sides).... Might have been cheaper to hire the village hall! You are so not funny!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oooh....thanks Coast. (I cannot do quotes on phone) I will certainly post and let yyou all know id we get any storms. :)

Posted

Oooh....thanks Coast. (I cannot do quotes on phone) I will certainly post and let yyou all know id we get any storms. Posted Image

:lol: Modern technology eh Grace?! I'll be pleased to hear if you do get a rumble later :good: 

Posted

Cor the suns out here :-)

Make the most of it John, it looks like Mac and wellies this weekend! (Gazebo already dusted off at home!)

• Like 1

Posted

Hi coast

It was good why it lasted

Gone now

Got a feeling sunday and monday might be ok

No promises though

Oh suns out again :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day, some sun, warm and very little wind. Lovely.

But where are my thunderstorms? Posted Image

Posted

Still in transit CS:

Posted Image

Posted

Good afternoon lovely people,

Well after a very decent rainfall last night, the morning has been grey and miserable. But, the sun is now coming out which is lovely. The perfect balance. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nice day, some sun, warm and very little wind. Lovely.

The same place they always end up...Lincolnshire?

• Like 2

Posted

The same place they always end up...Lincolnshire?

Turn your shield down then! 

Posted

Rain may blight bank holiday

Rain could blight the August bank holiday with weather forecasters warning of a particularly unpredictable weekend.

With around 14 million motorists expected to take to the roads, families are being advised to not only pack a bucket and spade, but also an umbrella. “The weekend is so uncertain at the moment. It does look as if there are going to be heavy bursts of rain over the weekend, the big question is where,†a spokesman for the Weather Centre said. “August is traditionally the wettest month of the summer, not many people realise that.â€

Tomorrow looks the most promising day of the weekend, with fine and dry weather predicted at least until the evening with temperatures reaching 86F (27C). By Saturday it is looking more of a mixed bag with the south and west likely to have a reasonable day, although showers have not been ruled out. But the eastern half of the country and the midlands are more likely to see heavy rain, with the weather generally being cooler reaching around 75F (24C).

A similar picture is likely for the remainder of the weekend with showers possible in the north and south east. Despite the Highways Agency having suspended 151 miles of roadworks, Inrix – a traffic monitoring organisation – predicted a sticky staycation, especially in the south east, where traffic will be 35 per cent above average, while bottlenecks will start to appear in the midlands by mid afternoon. Train companies are also gearing up for an increase in passenger journeys of up to 30 per cent to some parts of the country over the Bank Holiday, with millions of journeys expected to be made by rail as people head out to visit popular attractions and some of the country’s seaside resorts.

However despite the mixed weather forecast there is increasing evidence that many Britons have decided on a staycation this weekend. Hotel searches for Blackpool are 83 per cent up on last year compared with 33 per cent for Barcelona, according to Hotels.com. A similar picture has been reported by Travelodge, which said its coastal hotels were almost full with the most popular destinations being Brighton, St Austell, Torquay, Newquay, Bournemouth, Scarborough and Blackpool.

Meanwhile Heathrow is expecting to handle 546,000 departing passengers this weekend – much the same as last year with New York, Dubai and Dublin the most popular destinations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/10259326/Rain-may-blight-bank-holiday.html

• Like 1

Posted

afternooon

bugger the sun gone in need to put the washing out mmmmmm whot to do next ,do i take the chance or not that is the question?????????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wet and Warm day here, 22.1oC in the shed, some sunny spells but more cloud, but quite calm and very humid feeling still.

Last official long weekend of the year for some coming up, weather still looks 50/50

Posted

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

the fax charts are late again

however i have friday

Posted Image

a weak south easterly flow

precipitation

Posted Image

should stay dry

uppers

Posted Image

should see temps 28-29 and possibly hit 30 in the usual hot spots

will update as soon as i get the updates Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

friday night

low pressure to our south-south east

a trough to our west

wind flow variable but shows a north west

rain shows

Posted Image

Posted Image

at present it shows getting heavier as we head towards the early morning rush hour

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

if we see any storms it will be between these times as unstable air moves in

very clammy night around 18-20 degrees

geeting cooler as we head to the rush hour am

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Friday shmyday LOL

I need a good weekend, we are doing a 3 day steam rally (again)

Posted

saturday

Posted Image

a variable windflow

rain

Posted Image

uppers

Posted Image

so wet and temps around 22 degrees

not very nice

not very optimistic on storms here

Posted Image

saturday night still wet

Posted Image

Posted Image

and humid

sunday to follow later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

No storms again? the usual haha?I wasn't holding much hope anyway as my area seems to always miss them, they scoot past in all directions. All I want is one decent storm! ONE!!!! Oh well theres always winter for snow but this area doesnt seem to get as much precip as the surrounding areas.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

You are far too forgiving Tamara – it's another epic cock-up. They are paid large sums of money to forecast the weather amid complexity and got it badly wrong at short range, and it's as simple as that. Saturday looks like being another massive fail – forecasting a warm, dry weekend around which people have planned. We are now facing heavy rainfall. I ordered two tonnes of topsoil to relandscape my garden, arriving Saturday morning, based on their forecast. I will now probably end up with £150 worth of mud (or rather my neighbours will, as it streams away down the hill). Posted Image

Actually I think that the METO applied caution and always suggested that there was a chance of unsettled weather, temporarily, in parts of England and Wales right back at the start of the week - and it was clear from the computer models at the time that this was possible as a shortwave, disrupting SE towards southern Britain became to come under the radar.

The overall pattern looked rather more optimistic back then than reality now suggests, but a straightforward blanket dry and warm weekend was never a given, or stated to be one. All that has simply happened is that this possibility of showers has increased and intensified, in line with the sort of micro developments that can happen in this country.  Its not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last time either.

So I don't think it is a case of being forgiving at all - it is simply down to how one wants to choose to interpret the predictions. Especially with a Bank Holiday at stake. Afterall, as stated, the chances of showers was picked up as the models began to move into a reliable time period so it shouldn't be a total surprise...

Edited by Tamara Road
  • Like 6

Posted

sunday

Posted Image

a variable flow but looks north east

low to our south east with a trough next to it

rain

Posted Image

this is a close call from heavy rain or seeing nothing at all if that low drops slightly further south

temps

Posted Image

look around 22-24 degrees

so my forecast at the moment for sunday is

check tomorrow Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

An excellent summary there Tamara (as always).  Defo been a very tricky one to forecast and i think the met office did about as well as can be expected.

Its not all bad though.  Saturday looks soggy but certainly an improving picture as the weekend progresses.  Sunday looks ok, especially north of the Thames which should escape much of any afternoon showers.  South of the Thames look more likely to get showers but as always they will be hit and miss. Monday looks rather pleasant for all so fingers crossed on that one not changing!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Looks like my annual bank holiday saturday bbq is going to be a total washout this year. Last year we ended up bbq-ing under an umbrella as sharp heavy showers came in but his year seems we might end up using the oven instead Posted Image