Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 5th August onwards 2013

Posted

yes at times there is a hint of Castellanus in this area, dense lumps of Ci with bits of virga at times.

• Like 1

Posted

for once i hope it doesnt thunder.. on a late tonight and early shift tomorrow, but if it does, may have to stay up and look zombiefied for work

Posted

I just saw some floccus to Newton Poppleford Weather's WSW. That's a good sign. Posted Image

Sorry to be off topic but was is the constant refrence to "Newton Poppleford Weather" All about? It s a bit tedious now!

GFS 06z has CAPE / LI just about reaching the 0 level tommorow which should be enough to allow some storm formation. I think heavy rain / bands of showers with the odd rumble of thunder will be the order of the day for the East / SE tommorow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sorry to be off topic but was is the constant refrence to "Newton Poppleford Weather" All about? It s a bit tedious now!

GFS 06z has CAPE / LI just about reaching the 0 level tommorow which should be enough to allow some storm formation. I think heavy rain / bands of showers with the odd rumble of thunder will be the order of the day for the East / SE tommorow.

newton poppleford is where the member lives, and he's simply discussing the weather for his location....nowt wrong with that .....perhaps swap the first letters around a bit to  'Pewton Noppleford' to relieve the tediousness? Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

That's my weather station and I like to put the words in my posts when talking about the weather conditions. Problem?

newton poppleford is where the member lives, and he's simply discussing the weather for his location....nowt wrong with that .....perhaps swap the first letters around a bit to  'Pewton Noppleford' to relieve the tediousness? Posted Image

Thank you, AJ! :D

There are lots of altocumulus and foccus clouds starting to form around Newton Poppleford Weather. The rainfall has intensified over Cornwall, too. But, it's all moving NE not E.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

I've noticed that no weather station's are not recording any rainfall from this band. I hope the air is not too dry underneath.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Indeed, lots of rain around here according to radar however barely a spit as yet.

Just going on 'feel' of the air and 'look' of the sky I would anticipate thundery showers for Eastern parts later this afternoon.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

So it's look the met have seen somethign that isn't there. Oh dear.

• Like 1

Posted

That's my weather station and I like to put the words in my posts when talking about the weather conditions. Problem?

Thank you, AJ! Posted Image

There are lots of altocumulus and foccus clouds starting to form around Newton Poppleford Weather. The rainfall has intensified over Cornwall, too. But, it's all moving NE not E.

How about a link to your Newton Poppleford Weather station in your signature, might save you having to reference it quite so often? Posted Image 

Edited by TonyH

Guest William Grimsley

Indeed, lots of rain around here according to radar however barely a spit as yet.

Just going on 'feel' of the air and 'look' of the sky I would anticipate thundery showers for Eastern parts later this afternoon.

Yeah I have a feeling that the rain is falling from the clouds and then drying up as it reaches the ground.

How about a link to your Newton Poppleford Weather station in your signature, might save you having to reference it quite so often? Posted Image 

I've tried putting an image file with the extention '.php' on the end. But, it won't allow me too. Plus, why can't I refrence it?

Posted

Yeah I have a feeling that the rain is falling from the clouds and then drying up as it reaches the ground.

It's actually raining now - only moderately - but it is reaching the ground!

William, I really admire your enthusiam, you are like I would have been had we had BB internet in 1975 when I was 15!

Edited by TonyH

Guest William Grimsley

It's actually raining now - only moderately - but it is reaching the ground!

William, I really admire your enthusiam, you are like I would have been had we had BB internet in 1975 when I was 15!

Ah that's good then!Thanks, but what are you referring to?  

Posted

Ah that's good then!Thanks, but what are you referring to?  

I was also a weather enthusiast from a young age, if there had been Internet when I was your age I would be on here a lot more than I am now!

Solitary sferic over the Irish Sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dont understand where the Met Office are getting this thundery potential from. Chris Fawkes last night was ramping it up like nothing before. The charts show NO thundery potential. They are just covering themselves. Just a usual rain band tonight folks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Dont understand where the Met Office are getting this thundery potential from. Chris Fawkes last night was ramping it up like nothing before. The charts show NO thundery potential. They are just covering themselves. Just a usual rain band tonight folks.

I forgot the charts control the weather. 

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 2

Posted

Well there is already thunder happening!

Edited by TonyH

Guest William Grimsley

I was also a weather enthusiast from a young age, if there had been Internet when I was your age I would be on here a lot more than I am now!

Solitary sferic over the Irish Sea

Yes I understand. 

Yes that sferic maybe an error I think 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Because weather is evolving all the time; it's more than just mobile blobs of ever-constant types of activity?Posted Image 

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Yes, I think DEFENITELY for SW England it's going to be just moderate/heavy rain. Exactly, they are just covering themselves. Always the case.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, I think DEFENITELY for SW England it's going to be just moderate/heavy rain. Exactly, they are just covering themselves. Always the case.

If you look at today's weather warnings they are for the north east england, the met office arent even mentioning anything thundery for the south west.

Some people seem to think that forecasting storms is all about the amount of CAPE been shown in the charts, it's far more complex than that. Infact how many times have we had in excess of 800cape with not even a single storm nationwide..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I forgot the charts control the weather. 

Very funny but Im sorry, there is nothing that shows me there will be Thunder. You will 90% be likely disappointed.  Very isolated rumbles I wont exclude but it seems some like yourself are expecting proper storms. Its not happening.

Posted

Its kicking off with those bursts near Anglesey 'sfericing'!

Edited by TonyH

Guest William Grimsley

If you look at today's weather warnings they are for the north east england, the met office arent even mentioning anything thundery for the south west.

Exactly, I just said that.