Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Good old-fashioned autumnal weather today, and seemingly for the rest of the month as well by the look of things.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Chucked it down so far during the daylight hours, 26.7mm up to now. A high of 14.3c,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I prefer this to very dry bland weather that the likes of Gavin seem to enjoy so much. Dry, cloudy, dry and clear - not warm. Dull to the extreme. Anyway, heavy rain this morning - it lashed it down for a few hours and we are currently experiencing a longer shower that's been very heavy. Puddles already huge - reckon we could be in for a soggy week. Don't mind it at all to be honest, if it can't be cold and snowy let the weather be active!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A considerable amount of minor flooding on the roads in this area after today's rain. A few of the minor roads locally only passable in a 4x4.

Don't know how much we've had as I don't do the readings until 1800 g.m.t; the net weather rainfall accumulation suggests around 16mm but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than that.

• Like 1

Posted

Unusually the net weather rainfall accumulation was quite a long way out for my location, perhaps due to orographic enhancement of the rainfall. By 1800 g.m.t it showed us having had around 18-20 mm whereas the actual amount was 28.1 mm since 0800 g.m.t.

It looks as though there a more showers on the way so we could well top 30 mm for the 24 hours by tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes TM, 27.9mm here wonderful !

Posted

A very dark morning with further rain, heavy at times, in the last couple of hours. The 24 hr total will be interesting when I take all the readings in an hour or so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Torrential rain here right now, and I mean the heavens have opened. I haven't seen such heavy rain since the deluge in June (or was it July?) 2007. Easing up now but wow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hopefully models trending away from a half term holiday washout, dropping the horrid low, but I have noticed monday's always seem wet

Posted

The words squally, thunder, hail and rain were mentioned on a local forecast for the overnight period? "Don't be surprised to hear or be woken by thunder, pull the duvet up over your chin, but please don't worry it's only thunder..." Stated the forecaster.

the futher SE the better chance of catching anything by the looks of it.

Posted

Some vicious looking stuff heading our way from the south, could be a lively night ahead for many of us Midlanders Posted Image

Bish

Posted

Lightning over Nuneaton and another big echo is heading towards Coventry now. The stuff way down south in the channel should be heading this way too, very strange autumn this has been?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Was hoping that we'd have some action in Stafford this evening, but it looks like the cell has died just East :(

Posted

Nothing whatsoever as per usual today, barely even a glimmer of sun to :lol: zzzzzz, warm though, 17c max and last night's low 15.3c.

Posted

Was hoping that we'd have some action in Stafford this evening, but it looks like the cell has died just East Posted Image

Where are you in Stafford? weeping cross area is flooded, never known flooding on roads, between weeping cross and Wildwood, the heavens opened while I was in tenpin, I heard

Posted

Much of it did just skirt to the east of Stafford..part of some particularly heavy rain that pushed across parts of Wolverhampton, the Black Country area.

I am slightly to the east of stafford, think actually it missed the town (tenpin) just north west of town

Posted

Good grief we have some blue skies and sunshine! A brief window of opportunity to at least dry out a touch Posted Image

Feels a bit fresher too, after none of the thunderstorms lol..

Yes, a couple of days respite until more rain on Friday by the look of things. Nice to see a bit of sunshine however, no matter how fleetingly!

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Who ever has been sneakily fiddling about with the strength of our sunshine shields please leave it on low power for the rest of today (and maybe tomorrow, too. And while you're at it, also please turn the storm shield power down, so those of us who still want too see a mighty thunderstorm will get one)...

• Like 1