Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the Midlands region....

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77341-the-midlands-regional-discussion-23rd-july-2013-onwards/page-41

Posted

Looks like there is plenty of fun & games happening down in the west country right now. Not sure if the same is likely here, although there are some very impressive convective clouds bubbling up to my south.

Bish

Posted

heres that last Thunderstorm which was moving slowly towards me until it fizzled out

Lightning From 3rd Thunderstorm Walsall West Midlands,2nd August 2013

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Bish

Odd you should just post this....

We've just recoded first clap of thunder in the middle of a very heavy shower.  (Centre of Solihull)

So obviousley the showers are starting to take on energy now.

Could be similar to yesterday, people east of Birmingham in the firing line. 

MIA

Posted

Bish

Odd you should just post this....

We've just recoded first clap of thunder in the middle of a very heavy shower.  (Centre of Solihull)

So obviousley the showers are starting to take on energy now.

Could be similar to yesterday, people east of Birmingham in the firing line. 

MIA

Hi MIA,

Surprised I didn't hear it as well. I think Knowle narrowly missed that shower, although we had a very heavy one mid-morning.

Some electrical activity being picked up to our NE right now.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

Heavy rain for leics ;)

got a massive 2-3 minutes of rain.  For round here thats a LOT of rain.  Sun already back out.  Thats the rain done for august.

Posted

Got to laugh , I leave shrewsbury and go to brum for the night and miss the one and only storm in years !

There was even some lightning, it lasted less than half an hour but was good while it did. Had to go to Stoke not long after and sort of followed the cell up the A53, it seemed to end up east of Market Drayton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Tomorrow looks horrendous, Monday again, a repeat of 'child of nadine' Mon 24th Sep, only this time at least Tuesday looking dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

You got your rain following the heat that you so wanted and now you don't want it!!! Haha. I give up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not had a day like this in a long time, feels properly autumnal. Nice break from the heat and sweating though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

lol why do the same guys keep getting the rain?

I swear its still sunny here.  whats going on?

again that usual cloud to the west in the same spot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

You got your rain following the heat that you so wanted and now you don't want it!!! Haha. I give up.

not sure what I prefer, 33°C, or child of nadine, both absolutely horrendous setups, certainly would prefer an average cool rainy day over hot weather, but 'child of nadine' style can be just as unpleasant as 30+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Not had a day like this in a long time, feels properly autumnal. Nice break from the heat and sweating though.

Yeah totally agree, makes such a nice change, and thank goodness tomorrow looks very similar. Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Been a good day to tidy the house. Don't mind the odd rainy day now and again during the summer. It's the endless rainy days and nights in the winter that bring me down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

wow monsoon-like downpour going on here at the moment. Been very wet but we did have a few hours of let-up this morning.

Posted

Back from Cyprus now after a lovely week of 31-33c everyday, and no shocks returning to this atrocious weather, gusty winds and heavy rain most of the morning, hovering around 18c, does look decent rest of the week at least though!.

So come on, did the Telford storm shield break while I was gone?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Back from Cyprus now after a lovely week of 31-33c everyday, and no shocks returning to this atrocious weather, gusty winds and heavy rain most of the morning, hovering around 18c, does look decent rest of the week at least though!.

So come on, did the Telford storm shield break while I was gone?

We have 3-4 cracking storms on Friday evening, constant elevated and pink CG lightning overhead, torrential rain that caused flash flooding in a blink of an eye..but how was your holiday?......Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Back from Cyprus now after a lovely week of 31-33c everyday, and no shocks returning to this atrocious weather, gusty winds and heavy rain most of the morning, hovering around 18c, does look decent rest of the week at least though!.So come on, did the Telford storm shield break while I was gone?

Yep you missed storms on Friday and the hottest day in 7 years on Thursday! Widely 30-32c in the midlands. Almost 33c here and heathrow got 34.1c! Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy rain here now, 10,7mm so far today and the radar looks promising for some good totals by the end of the day.

Posted

Very heavy rain here now, 10,7mm so far today and the radar looks promising for some good totals by the end of the day.

The sooner that rain reaches Old Trafford cricket ground the better Posted Image

Bish

• Like 4