Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, more snow and even more snow..Oh and I love a good old Thunderstorm

glorioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss here!

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 746
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Yep, I echo the above - lovely morning here, clear blue skies and sunshine!

• Like 1
    Posted

morning all

nice blue skie & sun shine this morning

thank god the day before poets day...........Posted Image

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all.

Gloriously sunny start here too. Could just make out a few clouds in the far south-eastern sky earlier (radar has even been picking up a few returns over the extreme east of the county). Other than those, though, not a cloud to be seen so far. Barely a breath of wind either. Currently 16.4°. So, all in all, very pleasant indeed.

What a difference compared to recent summers!

Lee

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning. Sad day at my household as one of our cats passed away last night. So it's time to dig out the shovel and bury her. She had a good innings and lived to 18 years of age.

The suns out today which is an improvement on the constant mid/high level cloud of yesterday

Edited by Captain shortwave
    • Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Brrrrrr!! it was a tad chilly this morning, but its warmed up nicely now. Lots of cloud but its bright and very pleasant.

My caterpillar still lives!! Posted Image

Have a wonderful day everyone. :)

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sorry to hear that Captain. Pets are a blessing in our lives for sure.

• Like 3
    Posted

The sun has kept going despite passing cloud, but it looks like that may gradually cover more of our region by the end of the afternoon:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Morning. Sad day at my household as one of our cats passed away last night. So it's time to dig out the shovel and bury her. She had a good innings and lived to 18 years of age.

The suns out today which is an improvement on the constant mid/high level cloud of yesterday

That is very sad.

Our cat disappeared one morning last Feb and never returned. She was also quite old, they often go off to die alone :(

Posted

Sorry to hear about your catPosted Image  As another cat owner I especially sympathise. Its a reminder that we have to cherish the time with our pets for the relatively short time that they might be with us. However, 18 is a good age and still 10 years older than Shadow, my black bundle of fun!Posted Image

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cheers guys, I will be digging the hole this afternoon. Still got one left who annoys the hell out of me :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oh I am sorry to hear that, CS. I know how you must be feeling now. Cats are such beautiful and intelligent creatures and when you lose one it does leave a big hole.

I still miss my Oscar who died last year.

Eighteen was a damn good age and it shows how much she was loved and cared for.

• Like 1
    Posted

So sorry to hear this. I lost Mulder this time last year, he was also 18. They become part of your Family for so long that you think they will live forever.

• Like 1
    Posted

The generally settled period for our region seems to run on for another week or so according to GFS:

Posted Image

Some light rain over the weekend then dry until next weekend?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather

Cheers guys, I will be digging the hole this afternoon. Still got one left who annoys the hell out of me Posted Image

Sorry to hear your sad news Capt. s, I'm sure you have some fond memories of her. I'm going along after work on Sunday, with my daughter, to look at some kittens.

Best wishes,

Tom.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Sorry for your loss CS.

Turned out warm and sunny here again today, 24.3oC in the shed at present.

Had another chaotic day on the support desk, soon be the weekend though.

Posted

Another lovely summer's day really. Sunshine and fair weather cumulus, low humidity, and just the gentlest breeze. Top temperature was 24.3°. 

Watching Saturday carefully as a mate and I are going over to Calais on the ferry for the day. What would be ideal for me would be a force 7 gale for each crossing (yep, I love being on the sea when it's choppy!), with a sunny, quiet interlude whilst we're over there, tasting the beers to make sure they're OK. I think I'm going to get the "quiet" bit. But maybe, just maybe, not the gales for the crossing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Another lovely summer's day really. Sunshine and fair weather cumulus, low humidity, and just the gentlest breeze. Top temperature was 24.3°. 

Watching Saturday carefully as a mate and I are going over to Calais on the ferry for the day. What would be ideal for me would be a force 7 gale for each crossing (yep, I love being on the sea when it's choppy!), with a sunny, quiet interlude whilst we're over there, tasting the beers to make sure they're OK. I think I'm going to get the "quiet" bit. But maybe, just maybe, not the gales for the crossing!

I have no issue with "choppy" seas either, some of my family do though (bless them)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The temperature got down to +6.1C last night which is very cold in August standards! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I like the Netweather Logo one of my favs, I have done an animation blended with the logo ,this for fun, is this OK that I used the logo for this?

Sorry if I done wrong using the logo. can be deleted.

(it has only been shared here on NW no where else)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I like the Netweather Logo one of my favs, I have done an animation blended with the logo ,this for fun, is this OK that I used the logo for this?

Posted ImageThe Netweather Logo - Animation by ESS.gif

Sorry if I done wrong using the logo. can be deleted.

(it has only been shared here on NW no where else)

I like that! :)

What program did you use?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone notice a sudden increase in wasps, ive had to sho a few out of the house I have also seen about 6 or 7 of them roaming the garden, today one tried attacking me so I got the RAID out and it not only did it get sprayed but also got flushed down the toilet!I don't like killing things but when it started attacking the book I was using to gently move it towards a window so it could escape that was it. hahaI hope everyone had a good day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

I feel sorry for the wasps. If you look into their life cycle, at the beginning of the year they catch lots of insects and feed these to the young larvae in the nest. In return the larvae secrete a sugary solution which fuels the adults flight. As the summer comes to an end the queen stops laying eggs and as a consequence there are fewer and fewer larvae in the nest and the adult worker wasps run out of their reward sugar. That is why they pester anything which can replace this craving!

They still p*** me off though! Lol

• Like 2
    Posted

Evening. Got some friction burns on my hands from the digging. Thanks for all the kind words :)

Lovely day today, pleasant with a gentle sea breeze. Summer is still going strong.

• Like 3
    Posted

I have no issue with "choppy" seas either, some of my family do though (bless them)

With thunderstorms, it's easy for me to forget there are those who hate them. With rough sea crossings, it's far less easy to forget not everybody likes it; the ill-looking faces and dodgy stomachs see to that!