Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Really odd, wind has suddenly picked up and blasting through my window!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can I ask a question about the iss what happens if a bit of debris hits it? And what damage would it cause

Most meteors are the size of grains of sand and as big as small pebbles, they would probably be burning up before they hit the space station so there's minimal threat. 

Posted

Depends how big it might be.

NASA and other agencies keep a track of all known space debris that might affect it, and have the ability to boost the station into a higher orbit to avoid anything that might be a threat.

I think that there are contingency plans for when avoidance isn't a possibility - basically the astronauts will go to an area of the station that isn't likely to be hit, like the Soyuz capsules that are up there, and there are air locks to isolate individual parts of the station if they get damaged.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

It's turned breezy here too! Went out for a look as partly where I live it's dark as in a park, but north is towards street lights. Saw a few high up planes tho and lots of stars!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Depends how big it might be.

NASA and other agencies keep a track of all known space debris that might affect it, and have the ability to boost the station into a higher orbit to avoid anything that might be a threat.

I think that there are contingency plans for when avoidance isn't a possibility - basically the astronauts will go to an area of the station that isn't likely to be hit, like the Soyuz capsules that are up there, and there are air locks to isolate individual parts of the station if they get damaged.

I've dealt with enough damage limitation IMBY in the last 24 hrs without looking for anymore from outer spacePosted Image ... More seriously, I haven't had time to see any of this during the eveningPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road
  • Like 1

Posted

You ok Tams? x

Hi hun - yeah I'm fine. Just an accident knocking a lighting appliance which was switched on into a large aquarium of water.. Thats allPosted Image Posted Image The fish survived and I didn't go up in smoke eitherPosted Image Posted Image

Posted

Is anyone else watching SLOOH? I cant see much, can you?

Hi hun - yeah I'm fine. Just an accident knocking a lighting appliance which was switched on into a large aquarium of water.. Thats allPosted Image Posted Image The fish survived and I didn't go up in smoke eitherPosted Image Posted Image

That's all? Blimey, you were lucky. Glad you and the fish are ok Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Have seen about a dozen. (A couple, in particular, were very bright.) Neck in agony now though! So will watch that webcam from the Canaries for a bit instead, and then hit the sack.

Night all. And happy meteorite hunting!

• Like 2

Posted

That's all? Blimey, you were lucky. Glad you and the fish are ok Posted ImagePosted Image

I know - it was scary at the time, but thankfully the power cut out on the trip switchPosted Image Anyway, back to the night sky

Posted

Phew! Well Tams thank goodness for trip switches.

Been out in the back garden over and again. Garden faces north. Saw the ISS but not one even ickle meteor. Think I've slipped a disc in my neck lol. I give up, there's always next year. Posted Image Goodnight all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

I haven't seen anything either. But is it cloudy there? That webcam seems to suggest it is. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Seen 2 definatley but I thought I saw about 3 out the corner of my eye, feels really quite chilly out there my toes are freezing I only lasted half hour!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have been watching for 45 minutes and seen 6 or 7 in that time. Too lazy to go outside, but get a good view of the NE out of one of the bedroom windows. If you have binoculars have a look at the Seven Sisters - due NE - really lovely constellation and there are about 12 "Sisters" or more...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Saw a couple of little orangey ones and then one very much bigger brighter meteor last night - was happy with that and decided to go to bed as it was a bit chilly out there and had an early start this morning !

Did anyone get photos ?

Have a good day peeps !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning Each,Oh my word im tired. I didnt get to bed until half one and then up this morning at half 5!!! NEED COFFEE NOW!

Saw some nice ones last night though and the last one was a trail blazer which was fantastic....Not sure it was worth getting 4 hours sleep for though. To be honest i was expecting more.

Its a chilly one this morning and I have had to resort to the hoody! Classy with a shirt and tie, i know, but thats me. Mr Class!

Have a good morning all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning peeps...I took the easy way out; I heard them on the radio...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Was too tired last night to watch, disappointed to not have any space rocks in the garden this morning Posted Image

Posted

Was too tired last night to watch, disappointed to not have any space rocks in the garden this morning Posted Image

You wouldn't necessarily see them if they did survive the entry through our atmosphere, they are only the size of a pea at their largest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

and here it is, please continue>>>>>>>>>

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77568-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-13th-august-2013/

locking this one now Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel