Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Getting lost can become an art form for some of usPosted Image Especially when faced with road blocks north of London passport control which is what I relate that to.

Sun out as predicted by the Hastings wx bureau.. washing dry... next the ironing. Happy daysPosted Image

I have a week free of ironing, thems there are happy days :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I have a week free of ironing, thems there are happy days Posted Image

That would free up a few more hours of time in my week I am sure...  Looks like despite the few showers around, one other domestic task that is going to also require some time alloted to it is garden watering this week as temperatures rise in our region once more. Not that it is especially cool atm anyway

• Like 3

Posted

That would free up a few more hours of time in my week I am sure...  Looks like despite the few showers around, one other domestic task that is going to also require some time alloted to it is garden watering this week as temperatures rise in our region once more. Not that it is especially cool atm anyway

My garden fends for itself these days, tried to cultivate it and such, but nothing seems to work well here, so thought sod it and just cut the grass, mow the moss and pick out the weeds once in a while instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

My garden fends for itself these days, tried to cultivate it and such, but nothing seems to work well here, so thought sod it and just cut the grass, mow the moss and pick out the weeds once in a while instead.

My ironing certainly fends for itself, Jax.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

Just sharing a picture of my daughter who was a Bridesmaid yesterday at her friend's wedding Posted Image

Onto the weather lol. Cloudy, warm and feeling rather humid today. Had to give the garden a good watering last night despite the recent rain.

That is a lovely pic Jan - hope the day went well in every respectPosted Image

*with a sun kissed window behind them* *she adds topically*Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

With the sunshine amounts here close to the sea, combined with just enough rain every now and then, plus my efforts with the watering can, then it is a growers paradise in this garden here. Although too much of a good thing really as it can resemble a jungle if not kept in check. The rain forest effect added to by my palm tree selection..Just need a few monkeys, exotic snakes and macaws really...

• Like 4

Posted

Hi Tams,

Wedding went off beautifully. When it was time for the sit-down meal, all of the children were whisked off to a marquee where they had an entertainer and an ice cream van with hot dogs, pizza and ice-cream of course. Such a good idea as children and sit-down meals are not a good combination x

• Like 2

Posted

I assume your daughter takes after her mother, Jan...Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted

Well I am off to stroll to the next village and see my folks whilst the weather holds as it is a fantastic afternoon again here weather wise.

See you all soon and enjoy your afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I assume your daughter takes after her mother, Jan...Posted Image 

Have to say ABNS, that the air and weather in general in the Bromley area, does produce a rather lovely female of the species.

Vomit bucket, anyone!

Tom.

• Like 2

Posted

Have to say ABNS, that the air and weather in general in the Bromley area, does produce a rather lovely female of the species.

Vomit bucket, anyone!

Tom.

My god, that made me laugh...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Much warmer and sunnier here today than I expected - the lamb was lovely as was the two glasses of wine that washed it down

Posted

Like the occasional of the human species we see in the summertime, my cat is not a shy animal for the cameraPosted Image

He would in his case, I am sure, put it down to the sun-worshipper in him if he could translate from puss-lingoPosted Image

post-18450-0-62438000-1376242539_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Turned into a much brighter afternoon than I was expecting earlier. Really did come over dark for a few minutes at lunchtime, and about four drops of rain fell. My next door neighbour rushed out to get her washing in........and within 2 minutes of that, the sun was shining down again! And stayed that way all afternoon. Max temp was 24°.

Currently, not a cloud to be seen. And keeping everything crossed it stays that way for the meteor shower tonight...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Currently, not a cloud to be seen. And keeping everything crossed it stays that way for the meteor shower tonight...

Same here, it peaks tonight so hopefully we will get to see something !
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I don't know whether I should stay up for it, I need to be up at half 5 tomorrow as I have to travel to Oxford for a job interview. Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Same here, it peaks tonight so hopefully we will get to see something !

Forecast is looking good. Satellite shows a fair bit of cloud further west, but if it's just remnants of today's convection, my hope is it'll melt away before it hits our region.

Thanks for the link to that article earlier. Was very interesting. And had it not been for that, I'd never have known after midnight is the best time to look for these meteors - and the reason why.

• Like 2

Posted

Hello folks, I am back from a memorable 2 weeks on a Greek island. I read again, including The Old Ways by Robert Macfarlane, which I think would appeal to many of you here. A stunning evocation of the joy, history and power of something so apparently simple as walking. In case I am accused of being precious, can I also reassure you that I ate plenty of souvlaki and managed to squeeze in the odd Ouzo and occasional Metaxa whilst I was at it!

It was a jolt getting back to see the tall Rowan tree in the back garden that when we left had small green berries that from a distance were indistinguishable amongst the leaves, yet now after just 2 weeks away those berries are pumpkin orange and filling out (not unlike your writer) and the branches from which they hang are pendulously weighed down, full of the hint of early Autumn, beautiful and melancholy.

Hope all is well with everyone.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

13.9C here, so will eventually be another chilly one this morning! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I predict this region will get many heavy showers and thunderstorms tomorrow.

Why?

Because I'm not here!!! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Welcome back AS, sounds like you and your's had a wonderful time which is always nice to hear Posted Image

Oops.....best stay on topic....erm, its currently 18c and dark outside. Much as I would like to watch out for the Persieds display later light pollution and poor sight lines where I live render that all but impossible.

• Like 1