Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Good morning peeps,

Thick grey cloud here. Had some overnight showers which have cleared for now.

Daughter about to arrive with her Chief bridesmaid dress (Wedding tomorrow). She ironed it with steam and now has water marks all over it. Mummy to the rescue Posted Image

How the hell do you get water marks out of Satin? Oh dear, could be a fraught day!

Happy Friday everyone

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning Lee,

Was just going to say it's good for the garden, but you need to chase those pesky slugs off out of it first!

It doesn't take much for them to turn up uninvited into people's gardens, does it?! One drop of rain and the rotten things appear out of nowhere!

• Like 2

Posted

Looking like the best of the weekends weather will be tomorrow morning for us:

Posted Image

Occasional rain into Sunday, cloudy with a few more rainy spells through the day:

Posted Image

Mix up mish-mash weekend! 

Posted

It doesn't take much for them to turn up uninvited into people's gardens, does it?! One drop of rain and the rotten things appear out of nowhere!

I find a good sprinkle with salt normally does the trick - they won't come back in a hurry then Posted Image

Sun is out now at London Southbank - also not much longer and it will soon be hometime and the weekend Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Looking like the best of the weekends weather will be tomorrow morning for us:

Occasional rain into Sunday, cloudy with a few more rainy spells through the day:

Mix up mish-mash weekend! 

Damn, that's a shame Robin. I'm going out for a Sunday Roast on Sunday (funny enough!) with the family and the pub we are going to has a lovely garden outside with a stream running through it.  Was hoping to sit outside and enjoy some sunshine :(

Posted

I find a good sprinkle with salt normally does the trick - they won't come back in a hurry then Posted Image

Add some vinegar and you have a tasty snack! 

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning all. Welcome back Jan and sorry to hear about the loss of your pet Captain S.

It's a strange sort of day here today, or maybe that's just me. A visit to the GP this morning resulted in my pain killing medication dosage being tripled. Not sure if I'm floating on a cloud or bobbing along the sea-bed at the moment.

Started off with light rain for a while, after which it felt humid. The cloud hasn't cleared at all and once or twice the skies have looked quite threatening/promising.....depending on your preference. The temperature is struggling a bit though, only 20c so far. Yesterdays 25c was pleasant but I can't see us reaching that level today.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 3

Posted

Damn, that's a shame Robin. I'm going out for a Sunday Roast on Sunday (funny enough!) with the family and the pub we are going to has a lovely garden outside with a stream running through it.  Was hoping to sit outside and enjoy some sunshine Posted Image

You might just be OK, it looks like isolated showers to start with more than heavy rain. :good: 

It's a strange sort of day here today, or maybe that's just me. A visit to the GP this morning resulted in my pain killing medication dosage being tripled. Not sure if I'm floating on a cloud or bobbing along the sea-bed at the moment.

I hope you come down in the nicest possible way Martin 

• Like 1

Posted

You wouldn't even know it rained here this morning! The strong sunshine has dried everything up, even though it was pretty heavy first thing this morning

Posted

So, long range winter forecasts Posted Image

Posted Image  In November maybe? 

• Like 1

Posted

morning allll

not so bad this morning cloud,sunny spells,but the earlyer rain got me by suprise this morning quiet humid out on the run this morning,but home & showerd now.thank god its ppppppppooooooetttttttttttsssss ddddddaaaaaayyyyyyy(hes says quitley).going to get drunk now its beeen a very long weeek,well that my reasonsPosted Image

Posted Image  In November maybe? 

lololPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Thanks. Will give it a try, as my neighbour is always recommending that method too.

You wouldn't even know it rained here this morning! The strong sunshine has dried everything up, even though it was pretty heavy first thing this morning

Same here. No evidence of any earlier rain here by the time we got to mid-morning. (Apart from the slugs!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Out came the sunshine and dried up all the rain....just in time for me to go out for the afternoon and evening Posted Image

Posted

It's actually turned out to be quite a nice day here in Eastbourne, but the humidity and dewpoint seem to be up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Torrential rain, but not T&L...

Blimey, I thought that would have been out in the North Sea by now. Brilliant sunshine here and looks set for the evening.

Posted

Very breezy here this afternoon but the blue skies and those cotton wool type cumulus clouds make up for it, quite humid though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Blimey, I thought that would have been out in the North Sea by now. Brilliant sunshine here and looks set for the evening.

Won't be long, Robin...

Posted

Won't be long, Robin...

Thank goodness, I've got some catching up to do! Cheers peeps Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think there are showers developing on the back edge of the front, a little rain here, very humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well after a slightly soggy start to the day, things are now much drier and warmer, humid even, sun has made a few showings today, but plenty of cloud too. 22oC in the shed at present.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and snow

Well after having showers overnight ( the weather , not me ) it did brighten up. Alas it has now gone very cloudy and expect a shower soon .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well after having showers overnight ( the weather , not me ) it did brighten up. Alas it has now gone very cloudy and expect a shower soon .

Surprised with that, I am no that far as them there crows fly and it is getting rather sunny here now.

I did look at my area 1-7 day forecast on here earlier but think it was broken, the database appeared to be populating the fields of display in the wrong order and it looked like it was putting the temp in the wind box so next few days was looking cool and very windy, and guessing the other fields were out of kilter too.

Tried the 10 day summary and that just crashed.

Posted

Add some vinegar and you have a tasty snack! 

Hello Coast, your forum team,host tab thingy has gone from under your name, or is my comp playing up again?Posted Image