IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Awesome storm, though NOT overhead

Did you guys n girls see the cloud structure underneath that storm? It was like something in the states, I was waiting for a tornado lol. Then that squall that came through blasting the rain against the window, the lightning was also impressive. It was just a shame it never came over.

1) Why was it not forecasted?

2) Why was it as strong as it was? When the conditions according to some didn't really favour of that intensity

3) What was with the intense squall?

4) Why did hardly anyone pick up on the strong indications of storms with such a flood of altocumulus that come up from the south west?

Shame I didn't have my cam :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Have been in Lymington since yesterday afternoon, we had a bit of thunder and lightning here last night around 11pm.

However it seems as though back at home (Worthing) there was even more... Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Dont do tips but weather related coincidence bets, I suppose would be:

EL VIENTO  - For the Spanish speaking amongst you. (2.05 Goodwood).

NASSAU STORM - For those of you lucky enough to have experienced one. (2.05 Goodwood).

HOT SNAP - Obv, we've just had one, dont fancy that, so that will win. (3.15 Goodwood).

SNOW TROUBLE - Hope we get plenty of that in the Winter. (4.25 Goodwood).

Did get a few Ante-Post whispers for a horse in the Stewards Cup, a few weeks ago but as we're not in the Midlands thread I wont tell you. Oh, ok then but ssshh!

SHROPSHIRE - (3.50 Goodwood).

No putting life savings on, please!

Tom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Glad people had storms last night but I was tucked up in bed so im not sure if we got anything, im pretty sure I would have been woken by the way people were speaking about them on here though. Nothing again what a surprise.The NW london area must be one of the least storm prone area's in the SE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Well this "getting cooler", when is it getting here?

Just back from walk into town and found it still rather hot out there, the breeze helps a bit though.

No storms here either that I was aware of last night.

Posted

Good morning,

10 minutes of torrential rain, a couple of flashes and bangs and thankfully it went off to pester Medway! Posted Image

I'm very happy peeps who wanted it got storms last night. Sounded very dramatic!

Have a peaceful, relaxing weekend all.

• Like 5

Posted

Ahh this breeze is good for something, my washing that went on the line this morning is nearly dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good morning,

10 minutes of torrential rain, a couple of flashes and bangs and thankfully it went off to pester Medway! Posted Image

I'm very happy peeps who wanted it got storms last night. Sounded very dramatic!

Hi Jan,

You're a brave girl, looking at the lightning, didn't you have your lights on?

Couldn't really here the thunder, for once told Antony to turn the TV volume up, rather than down, wuss that I am! Posted Image

Regards,

Tom.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Clouding over quite a bit here now, still dry though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Good morning,

Hi JanPosted Image

There was almost continuous distant lightning flashing around 1am which was coming through the blinds in my bedroom. I couldn't sleep anyway, even though this was an additional factor that was keeping me awake. The whole day yesterday and overnight however was completely dry here, so from my own point of view at least, that was yet another escape. Daytime storms are much less of an issue, unless they are especially bad, it is the night time that I like least. The weekend looks pretty good weatherwise, with at least areas south of the Thames missing any showers today, and then most of tomorrow looks pleasant quite generally as wellPosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Hi Jan,

You're a brave girl, looking at the lightning, didn't you have your lights on?

Couldn't really here the thunder, for once told Antony to turn the TV volume up, rather than down, wuss that I am! Posted Image

Regards,

Tom.Posted Image

My blind and window were open in my bedroom, but not for long! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hi JanPosted Image

There was almost continuous distant lightning flashing around 1am which was coming through the blinds in my bedroom. I couldn't sleep anyway, even though this was an additional factor that was keeping me awake. The whole day yesterday and overnight however was completely dry here, so from my own point of view at least, that was yet another escape. Daytime storms are much less of an issue, unless they are especially bad, it is the night time that I like least. The weekend looks pretty good weatherwise, with at least areas south of the Thames missing any showers today, and then most of tomorrow looks pleasant quite generally as wellPosted Image

Hi Tams,

Only had 2 lots of T & L thankfully. Yes it's so much worse at night Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

warmed up again here, the cloud cleared a bit and then we went up to 24.1oC

still dry but breezy.

Posted

large  line  of showers  over  north of  London heading  east  should  be  interesting  here  later acc  to my rain alarm  at  the moment

Edited by tinybill

Posted

bugger, I have to go out in a while (walking)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

bugger, I have to go out in a while (walking)

I think it will pass to the south of here (Luton maybe) but I did hear a rumble of thunder 30 mins ago which is why I came in from the garden to check the radar...so lets see but I would take a waterproof Jax just in case  Posted Image

Just looked on the SW & CS regional and someone is Somerset just got  28mm of rain in 10 mins Posted Image 

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted

I think it will pass to the south of here (Luton maybe) but I did hear a rumble of thunder 30 mins ago which is why I came in from the garden to check the radar...so lets see but I would take a waterproof Jax just in case  Posted Image

Just looked on the SW & CS regional and someone is Somerset just got  28mm of rain in 10 mins Posted Image 

yeah the Wednesday showers were quite heavy here, luckily I took my rain mac then, may do the same today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lets see what those cells do I guess, heading this way, will they make it before dying out. 24C here so a lovely day with much lower humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

You're kidding right? I had no idea it was that close... My God, I missed it by just a couple of miles? bummer! Posted Image

It certainly seems the further east in Medway you were, the closer you were to last night's cell. All Rainham peeps I've spoken to said it woke them, but a mate in Frindsbury said it seemed way off in the distance there.

"Pester". Hee hee! I can assure you, from my point of view, it was anything but a nuisance! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Are they heading my way?  Should I walk the dog now rather than later? Should I bring the washing in?

oooh, you may need to walk the washing and get the dog in quickly.

• Like 3