Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Think its moved on from here now. Just distant rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

I'm going to bed. . . so damn disappointing :(

Just 2-3 miles have made all the difference with this one, loopy. Been right over Rainham!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Had some close ish but no cigar, I face west, so saw it coming hours ago, and when it eventually kicked off, I think the best lightning happened directly south of me where I have no view! Had some corking thunder too, one of my friends who lives about 5 mins from here just text me to say he's 'Just heard the Loudest thunder of his life, Bowel Movingly boomy'. Now it's just raining :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I was travelling back from Maidstone and witnessed a cracking view up Blue Bell Hill.... Highly recommend it next time !

• Like 1

Posted

Just a couple of unexpected flashes of lightning here late last night. What a spell of weather this has been though.

Temperatures well above average for most of July, and thunderstorms kicking off in the last few days.

Posted

I did'nt hear/see a thing......guess it must've been too long a day for me and slept through it. Camping at the Hop Farm tonight so hoping we don't get another. Its feeling lovely and fresh out there this morning which is great as I'm just off to work 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all, from a bright and fresh northwest Kent. :) - I'm staying in a pub, this weekend, as part of a football trip - Gillingham v Colchester.

We had one lightning flash followed by loud thunder here, at about 2 o'clock in the morning. Not the most disturbing thing to a good night's sleep though, as the landlord here seemed to be having a private party, with Kenny RogersPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image  (and nothing else, apart from if a duet with Dolly Parton was counted) being played loudly for 4 hours or so!

The party only finished when a lady pulled up in her car and shouted "Do you know what the ******* time is! It's past three o' ******* clock in the ******* morning!!" I guess her partner then went home!

Oh and the landlord was totally wrecked at (normal) closing time - mumbling and slurring his speech and talking nonsense - I'm guessing running a pub is doing him no good at all!Posted Image

• Like 5

Got spoilt last night for storms..

Saw the first one roll in about 11:30 with constant lightning to the south and wonderful ctc lightning some amazing over head stuff too :)

Then as that moved away I was spoilt when another storm fired up and lit up the night sky to my south amazing the last time I saw a proper night time storm was when I was 15 and went to France 4 years ago :0

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning,

Sunshine interspersed with cloudy spells this morning and much cooler - a typical Summer day in any other year.

Nothing convective for us for a while and indeed a more settled period possible from the end of next week:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Last night I finally got the storm I've been waiting for! I heard some distant rumbles about midnight as I was dozing off, but the thing that got us up out of bed was a sudden torrential downpour. Incredible vertical rainstorm followed by ctc lightling and crackling thunder, practically overhead. Spent about 20 mins leaning out of the window watching the sky light up, despite being really tired I kept saying to myself, just one more strike, then I can go to bed, no, just one more - a bit like at the pub when you say, just one more pint then I'm going home....

• Like 2

Last night I finally got the storm I've been waiting for! I heard some distant rumbles about midnight as I was dozing off, but the thing that got us up out of bed was a sudden torrential downpour. Incredible vertical rainstorm followed by ctc lightling and crackling thunder, practically overhead. Spent about 20 mins leaning out of the window watching the sky light up, despite being really tired I kept saying to myself, just one more strike, then I can go to bed, no, just one more - a bit like at the pub when you say, just one more pint then I'm going home....

Was a real cracking storm... I saw it light up the sky to my south and watch the cloud top roll in amazing! And as it approached the air was SO warm!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

brilliant storm last night! I was going to bed around 12 and as soon as I shut my eyes the room lit up from distant lightning. So there was no chance I was going back to bed. It was mostly distant lightning, pretty and calm and then came the squall sometime between 2 and 3am. It was pretty intense! I was sitting in my window and it went from lovely calm to hell unleashed in an instant. I actually crapped it for a second as the wind was so strong it was difficult to shut the window and I was trying not to get blown out or fall out. The squall was fab, sideways monsoon rain, very windy, 1cm hail, thunder and lightning. It lasted a good few mins too. My 2year old sat watching from the bed and she was most concerned about my camera getting wet, never mind Mummy blowing away LOL! Next door lost some washing as I expect many people did last night. Im absolutely shattered today after a couple of hours sleep but it was well worth it.  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Got spoilt last night for storms.. Saw the first one roll in about 11:30 with constant lightning to the south and wonderful ctc lightning some amazing over head stuff too :) Then as that moved away I was spoilt when another storm fired up and lit up the night sky to my south amazing the last time I saw a proper night time storm was when I was 15 and went to France 4 years ago :0

Yes last night was fun, glad our area finally got some decent thunderstorm activity. However, that little shower was as nothing compared to many of the monster storms I've experienced here in my 40 years of life. Seriously, I hope we get something like we used to in the 80s-90s, just to show what can happen in the UK. This summer is much more like those 'summers of old' so fingers crossed a better pattern is emerging :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning folks,

Well,last night's flashes and bangs (!) were an unexpected bonus. Didn't go on-line after about 4pm, so had NO idea anything was forecast - and then moving in. (Reading the reports, it seems the storms were a surprise to most. Not really forecast then?) Anyway, was a pretty good thunderstorm. Nothing like the ones in the early hours of 23rd July, of course. But some pretty impressive lightning nonetheless. A good chunk of it directly overhead. This summer is certainly helping to make up for the recent run of poor summers. And by 'poor', I mean in terms of temperature/sunshine, as well as thunderstorms.

Currently 17.9°, sunny spells, and a fresher feel compared to recently. And no complaints about any of that from me.

Roll on the next storms.....whenever they may be!

Enjoy your Saturday morning, peeps.

Lee

• Like 1

Posted

Just 2-3 miles have made all the difference with this one, loopy. Been right over Rainham!

You're kidding right? I had no idea it was that close... My God, I missed it by just a couple of miles? bummer! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all :)

rather fresh out there, still it will be warm by the afternoon.

Lets hope August isn't one of those mediocre comedy films where the last couple of days were the trailer which shows all the funny moments Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Nice to see some of you got storms last night, amazing what happens when there are no Met O warnings isn't it Posted Image

No action of that type here but I did get a good thrashing on a very late night game of scrabble Posted Image

Not a bad start to the day here - hopefully it will last until I've done my half day's work and then I can go out and play Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Yes a bit of a surprise, last nights storms but the Cherbourg area delivers again. Heard some torrential rain for 10 minutes or so, I assume there was lots of lightning about, didnt want to look, thanks.

Off to work in a mo., for the last day of Glorious Goodwood and busy it will be too!

Enjoy your day.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Yes a bit of a surprise, last nights storms but the Cherbourg area delivers again. Heard some torrential rain for 10 minutes or so, I assume there was lots of lightning about, didnt want to look, thanks.

Off to work in a mo., for the last day of Glorious Goodwood and busy it will be too!

Enyoy your day.

Tom.

Any tips Tom ?

Have a good one Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

We had thunder and distant lightning last night,,but nothing like what other members had in west London. The brief shower burst was still the strangest thing!

Got a girls swap party here today, sort of still celebrating turning 41!! A good way to get some clothes and jewellery.

Hope it keeps dry, some clouds drifting over quickly.

• Like 1