Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Nice to seem some development, albeit a few hours later than was first thought.

Sadly, the SW and Wales do not need anymore rain, and sadly this is set to continue for the next few hours at least.

SM

In my local back yard we've managed to escape without any significant falls of rain for a long time now.. Could possibly do with a decent soaking to make sure the soil deeper down gets damp, last day of rain over 10mm was May the 14th

I guess that's the nature of summer/convective downpours.

Lowest min since the 12th of July this morning, got to 8.3c. (the 12th July min was very cool at 6.1c, yet the next day was the hottest of the year)

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

A much cooler night here with a low of 9C.

The coldest its been for weeks.

Yes, it was much cooler. I had to put the duvet back on the bed.......first time for weeks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I got back from there today, meaning I missed out on ALL the thundery activity!!! Including the end of the heat wave etc!

I haven't left my village but I missed out on all the thunder activity too Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I haven't left my village but I missed out on all the thunder activity too Posted Image

Haha, that is unlucky!! Did you manage to at least see anything?! Edited by dec10snow

Posted

Heatwave over in a flash...of flooding

HEAVY rain brought misery to parts of the country yesterday as flash floods left beaches deserted and properties under water.

Posted Image

The heatwave became a distant memory in parts of south-west England and Wales, where holiday hotspots which were packed just days ago were hit by torrential rain. Villages across Cornwall suffered driving rain, closing the minor injury department at Newquay Community Hospital, and there were power cuts at 500 homes in St Teath. Culdrose had nearly half an inch of rain in just an hour, while a lunchtime downpour at Exmoor Zoo, north Devon, left several animal pens waterlogged. Spokeswoman Lynn Reynolds said: “The stream running through the zoo broke its banks and flooded the meerkat pen. Luckily they are safe and hiding under the heaters.â€

Mike Cooper, of Cornish recovery firm Richfords Fire and Flood, said calls for help had come in from over 20 properties, including a school. He said: “There seems to be a certain stoicism about many people. They are doing their best to keep positive.â€

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/419994/Heatwave-over-in-a-flash-of-flooding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

20.7c...Humidity 58%. Calm. . Indoors 22.5C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I swear the heatwave ended on July 23rd-24th... Posted Image  Bar one day on 1st, just had respectable summer temperatures here between 22C and 28C, certainly no heatwave. The heatwave went out in spectacular fashion, but on the 23rd July!

• Like 1

Posted

I swear the heatwave ended on July 23rd-24th... Posted Image Bar one day on 1st, just had respectable summer temperatures here between 22C and 28C, certainly no heatwave. The heatwave went out in spectacular fashion, but on the 23rd July!

It's the express... Do you expect any less?! ;)

Posted

Hilarious that the 2 very thundery convergence line days (Monday 29th July and Saturday 3rd August) had so little rain here compared to just 5 miles away in Westbury, yet today convergence cloud has formed, spread out and it's now raining here but not in Westbury!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Haha, that is unlucky!! Did you manage to at least see anything?!

A couple of distant flashes and rumbles.  There can't of been many places that missed out on the storms going by accounts on here and elsewhere.  I had my long desired heat wave so I'm a happy bunny Posted Image

Posted

I've just noticed that two of same dates this summer have received a thunderstorm as last year - 29th July and 2nd August, albeit smaller storms last year. There was also a big one on the 4th August last year which is very close to the squall line one yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-39327100-1375813208_thumb.j

Not too disimiliar to today, with perhaps a bit more in the way of showery drizzle/rain.

The area in red could see some light rain & drizzle from the word go tomorrow morning and persist in some places for a noticeable period of time. The patchy rain/drizzle will turn more showery as the day progresses and some well scattered heavy showers may develop in the afternoon. This area includes parts of Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Bristol, BANES, Gloucestershire and west Wiltshire.

Elsewhere should be drier with just isolated light showers mixed in with some sunny spells. The best of the sunshine likely to be over Cornwall as well as Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.

Temperatures are likely to be around average values for many but feeling on the fresh side where cloudcover and rain persists.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Going against forum rules a little but I just wanted to post a link to a blog I've found for our Bristol residents to browse, which I thought may be of interest.

http://www.bristolwildlife.com/

As for the weather, 16.8c at the moment so a relatively cool and cloudy mid-morning spell right now. The odd shower can be expected later.

• Like 1

Posted

Bit of a snoozefest this weather, and the models show no sign of it ending. Even a sunny day wouldn't go amiss!

• Like 2

Posted

Off to Swanage tomorrow to make use of some half decent summer-like weather.

Anyone know of anywhere cheap to park that's within easy walking distance of the beach, shops and pier?

Stopping off at Wareham for dinner on the way back so any pub recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted

Tomorrows forecast map;

post-12721-0-38504700-1375901575_thumb.j

Pretty similiar to today really, a useable and pleasent August day for many.

A few showers could form as the day progresses in the red area with one or two becoming rather heavy. These will be very hit and miss though. This area includes Exmoor into Somerset, north Dorset and west Wiltshire.

Many areas will be dry with good sunny spells inbetween intermittent cloudcover. Temperatures approaching the mid twenties in favoured Central Southern areas, widely low twenties elsewhere. Cornwall perhaps restricted to high teens.

• Like 2

Posted

Off to Swanage tomorrow to make use of some half decent summer-like weather.Anyone know of anywhere cheap to park that's within easy walking distance of the beach, shops and pier?Stopping off at Wareham for dinner on the way back so any pub recommendations would also be appreciated.Thanks.

We always park in between the railway station and the recreation park. Can't remember it being expensive.Don't forget to spend your savings on a pint of piddle.

Posted

The BBC forecast doesn't fill me with confidence regarding a sunny day - I just want one completely sunny day to top up the tan without wasting time waiting for pesky clouds to clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

nice day here, some patchy mid-level cloud but warm, currently 22C, warmer than was forecast, not too shabby! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

A Pleasant day sat on patio...24.2c..  Light southerly breeze.

Posted

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-32528300-1375988033_thumb.j

Pretty similiar to today really. A respectable and useable August day.

The areas in red, which include parts of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, East Wiltshire and north Hampshire, have an small chance of catching a late afternoon isolated shower otherwise it's a dry, sunny day elsewhere with just patchy cloudcover.

Temperatures into the low twenties across Central Southern England and the West Country and into the high teens across Devon & Cornwall.

• Like 1