Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Sun's arrived here too...just.  Still rather hazy, but warming up a bit.

Guest William Grimsley

Starting to warm up now some brightness is appearing especially to the E and SE of here. It's also starting to feel slight muggy out of the wind and a few showers are starting to pop up over S England, now.

That was a bit of an unexpected turnaround.

Up until 2:30 this afternoon temps here were below 17C.  The sun came out, and now around an hour later it is touching on 23C. Feeling quite pleasant outside now.

Hopefully, that will be here soon.

Posted

Sun coming through now and warming up nicely, after a mainly cloudy w/e.

Hope tomorrow is fine and sunny.

Posted

Im currently on holiday on The Isle of Wight. Got caught out in a massive down pour and had to shelter under a tree. First time in my life I have prayed it wouldn't thunder!

Guest William Grimsley

Im currently on holiday on The Isle of Wight. Got caught out in a massive down pour and had to shelter under a tree. First time in my life I have prayed it wouldn't thunder!

Yeah those downpours looked very intense on The Isle of Wight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

You don't want to do that too often, this is what happened to a friend of mine when she thought she was protected from the thundery elements. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

However the showers don't seem to have the boost to turn thundery... I hope so!

Probably not thundery, today but certainly heavy. Watch out for any sferics.

You don't want to do that too often, this is what happened to a friend of mine when she thought she was protected from the thundery elements. Posted Image

Posted Image

Great one. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

You just couldn't make it up, someone check the radar for my location, as shown in my profile.

Talk about near miss. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

You just couldn't make it up, someone check the radar for my location, as shown in my profile.

Not a lightning strike? :D

Guest William Grimsley

Yeah, a lovely intense downpour just went S of Newbury. :D

Guest William Grimsley

Lots of heavy showers are starting to get going across S England, now. I hope they get as far SW as Devon.

Posted

Not a lightning strike? Posted Image

Not a drop of rain either.

Guest William Grimsley

It's sunny and warm at Newton Poppleford Weather, now. The temperature has risen by 2.1°C in 65 minutes from 18.1°C to 20.2°C :D

I'm hoping for some showers, now. :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Two cells popping up east and south of Newbury as suggested on radar. Here is a photo of one to the east I can see ...

post-2094-0-07775100-1377447296_thumb.jp

Guest William Grimsley

Two cells popping up east and south of Newbury as suggested on radar. Here is a photo of one to the east I can see ...

It's upside down. LOL :D

Poss 'thundery' shower nr Southampton.

Yeah, it could well be I'm just hoping E Devon gets some.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Anyone taken a glance at the radar... There is a distinct line of cells popping up across south east .. Perfect for a join the dots game ;)

Anyone taken a glance at the radar... There is a distinct line of cells popping up across south east .. Perfect for a join the dots game ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A few towers going up to my North East, clouds heading in this direction. Unfortunately i cannot post pictures/attachments or anything, due to not having a PC/Laptop or internet, i'm using a webkit built in to my TV and WiFi access that is slower than dialup.

Guest William Grimsley

The showers are coming my way but it's just if they intensify futher or if they keep there energy for a few more hours which is unlikely, but time will tell.

Anyone taken a glance at the radar... There is a distinct line of cells popping up across south east .. Perfect for a join the dots game Posted Image

Anyone taken a glance at the radar... There is a distinct line of cells popping up across south east .. Perfect for a join the dots game Posted Image

Yeah, I've seen. Some very beefy ones to your N aswell, if you look that way. They could come this way but they're nearly 100 miles away and might not keep their energy. Or, the ones SE of Newbury could drift more W than SW and come this way.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

My eyes are on it, but as in recent days and weeks, they appear to taking a diversion around Newbury.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

A few towers going up to my North East, clouds heading in this direction. Unfortunately i cannot post pictures/attachments or anything, due to not having a PC/Laptop or internet, i'm using a webkit built in to my TV and WiFi access that is slower than dialup.

Towers? Yippee! Do you think they might make it to Devon?

My eyes are on it, but as in recent days and weeks, they appear to taking a diversion around Newbury.

The one over Pangbourne looks like hitting Newbury soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

but as in recent days and weeks, they appear to taking a diversion around Newbury.

Most people take a diversion around Newbury if they can help it! :) ;)After a slow start this morning, things are slowly turning into something more akin to what was expected. Shower cells now forming sporadically over Southern England moving west.How far west they get will be interesting. Think Devon & Cornwall will escape for the most part of daylight time. Hampshire and Wiltshire/Dorset could be a more reasonable proposition. Edited by AWD