Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A bad case of Anaprop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

I don't know if this is the right area but there seems to be some persistant bands of anaprop to the northeast of my location (in a northwest-southeast orientation) on the radar and a semi permanent band in a northwest-southeast orientation to my location's southwest (Post code TA10). It was so bad today that if you click on the 24hr accumilation you can see my area generally had under or just over 1.0mm of rain today but in these "ghost bands" it is reporting up to around 10mm of rain. No biggie really but I'm just wondering if there is anything that can be done about it?

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted

This is something that the met office monitor and try to deal with at source as it happens, I know they've been doing a fair bit in recent weeks as it's high pressure situations where it can occur most readily.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2