Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How good was July 2013?

Posted

dunno why you bother coming on here... all you do is moan, on and on and on.. frankly its tiresome. i actually agree with some of your tastes, i find some posts amusing, but your terminal moaning... why? it wont change anything!  summer is warm, get over it, or move to a more clement climate.

Is there something inherently wrong with moaning about heat, as opposed to moaning about the lack of it? My shrink tells me it's unhealthy to hold feelings in. I don't moan at you sorry bunch and your incessant moaning because it isn't constantly 32C+, nor will you hear me moaning at any point during winter 'cos it's not  -15C and twenty-feet snowdrifts all the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I sympathise a lot with the "summer SAD" type issues and I'm sure it does result in a lot of flak from others and difficultiy in getting others to understand, especially in a generally cloudy country where "winter SAD" is far more common.  But I also agree that regularly moaning about it, and jibes at those who hold other positions, don't help your chances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A little late to the party here, but July was Fantastic! Sunshine and wamrth with the Azores High giving us some of the best mid summer weather for quite some time. Throughly pleasant and enjoyable! Reached 31c here aswell around the 13th so very nice indeed! 

Posted

LOL @ at the people arguing about moaning about temps, we rarely get extremes either way, although i have moaned in the past about cold, but only the horror that was dec2010  everything since then has been tame,

-15c at 400pm in the afternoon, is what I got in dec2010  hope that never happens again , ridiculous for a maritime climate in a temperate zone, thank god them extremes are rare for us

The thing I really do moan about is the lack of storms, and I have every right too, because their absence now in NW England has gone beyond a joke  compared to how it used to be. Its like they are not allowed here anymore 

Anyway July 2013 was memorable because it did produce the only thundery shower of the year, to get thunder here is now a very very hard ask, so well done July 2013

lets all raise a glass to.....JULY2013 Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

dunno why you bother coming on here... all you do is moan, on and on and on.. frankly its tiresome. i actually agree with some of your tastes, i find some posts amusing, but your terminal moaning... why? it wont change anything!  summer is warm, get over it, or move to a more clement climate.

This post is kind of ironic - lol. No offence to you 'mushymanrob' but you moan a lot! You should consider changing your name to moanymanrob. Posted Image

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

This post is kind of ironic - lol. No offence to you 'mushymanrob' but you moan a lot! You should consider changing your name to moanymanrob. ;)

ha ha, true and maybe im peed of with laserguy because hes outmoaning me and stealing my grump crown!!! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Boys, be nice to each other please...Posted Image Posted Image

I enjoyed July 2013 so much and indeed much of the rest of the summer because of the lack of high impact weather, including obviously thunderstorms in my neck of the woods which mostly stayed away yet again, apart from a weak and quite tame one on the third weekend in July, and also no extremes of temperature. I don't appreciate heat at all, and the temperature stayed just within my threshold most all of the time. But then it helps living near the sea in that respect i guess. 

Such thoughts of extremes do come to mind on days like this with the flooding in parts of Essex.

August has been good as well - once again storms staying away and there has been a lot of fair and pleasantly warm weatherPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Boys, be nice to each other please...Posted Image Posted Image

Such thoughts of extremes do come to mind on days like this with the flooding in parts of Essex.

I can't believe how much it has rained today around here.

July 2013 was good for me, but that was partly aided by personal things rather than the meteorological events that occurred. My favourite part of Summer probably came in the first ten days of June, and I have enjoyed the last few days a lot.

Posted

I can't believe how much it has rained today around here. 

We haven't had one drop all day, here. That's despite a veritable plethora of weather types on teevee yesterday sayin' that it would pretty much rain from dawn til' dusk. What a 'shower', I'd sack the lot of 'em.